News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Chargen Guidelines / House Rules

Started by Jon, November 29, 2009, 02:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

I want to try using this alternate Diplomacy rule. Any comments?

I also think it might be good to discuss under what circumstances you want to use Diplomacy instead of a great big sword.

Merc

As I have no diplomacy worth speaking of, and Impulse would really rather make someone cry to get things his way, I have no comment. Mostly Navi and Nama are affected.

Notably, my first thought is that a level 3-4 bard could probably pull off building a harem of level 1 women, as long as they're not clerics or something with high wisdom, due to that -10 modifier to relationships of the intimate nature.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Jon

That's current relationship, Merc, not the relationship you want to end up with.

Dracos

Eh, it's fine.  Better than the original horrible rules.

Thought of the moment is though: It'd be good to get a bit more life into the game rather than focusing on rules changes for a bit.  The game doesn't quite feel lively yet.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Quote from: Dracos on December 31, 2009, 08:54:18 PM
Thought of the moment is though: It'd be good to get a bit more life into the game rather than focusing on rules changes for a bit.  The game doesn't quite feel lively yet.

Well, I'm working on plans for Sunday's session. Merely exiting the Mournland obviously isn't enough to fill up the timeslot and I'm getting a little tired of the fetch-quest, as I'm sure you are too. I hope you won't object to a brief plot-arc-related detour. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions on life and/or undeath vis-à-vis games and suchlike.

Do recall that, up until Sunday, you can make changes to your character if you want, free of charge.

Are there any kinds of world-threatening menaces (the Lords of Dust, the Dreaming Dark, the Halfling Mafia, the Tarrasque, Spelljamming Neogi, undead plague) that you guys are not interested in? (Actually, that question is better in the coffee table thread.)