News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Loot thread

Started by Sierra, December 05, 2009, 10:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra

Kurou and his harem were carrying a couple things of note. Going to point them out now since you're surely disarming anyone left alive before they wake up again. Also noting what's magic now since Erin can hax in Detect Magic a couple times day:

Among the shredded remains of Kurou's body can be found another bracelet and a silver necklace looped through a set of three green beads. This is magical but will have to wait to be ID'd since I don't believe Erin prepared that spell today.

Although she never used it for anything, Suzume was holding a bladed metal fan decorated with black feathers. This is also magical.

Lucia's guns are mastercraft Colt M1911A1's. Probably irrelevant if Erin picked up Roza's gun (her sheet suggests she did, under attacks, though it's not noted in her inventory) since that has the same stats but can hold one more bullet. Just noting it in case you decide that, you know, it might not be a good idea for Lucia to have weapons.

Shishio is a +2 enchanted katana with the energy blast: electric quality. Once per day, as a full-round action, it can be used to summon Rangurren to perform a full attack against a single foe within 30 feet. Attack rolls are made at the user's BAB and otherwise treated as though performed by a huge magical beast with a strength score of 24 and the Multiattack feat. Thus, the full attack would be composed of a bite at +5 (plus wielder's BAB) to hit and 2d6+7 damage, and two claws for +3 (plus wielder's BAB) to hit and 2d4+3 damage each; all successful attacks also deal 1d6 points of electric damage. Rangurren's attacks freely hit incorporeal enemies and count as a +2 weapon for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction, but do not benefit from any corresponding enhancement bonuses to attack or damage.

Sierra

Suzume's weapon (which it sounds like you returned to her) is the following:

Hauchiwa (+1 war fan): Constructed of black feathers over a frame of metal spines, this enchanted fan is of a sort reportedly carried by tengu. Once per round, the wielder may choose to waive the damage of a successful attack and instead, with a flick of her wrist, send a gust of wind spiraling towards her target. A successful DC 15 reflex save allows the target to evade the gust and stand their ground; failure results in the target being pushed back 15 feet and knocked prone.

Kurou's necklace:

Jade Magatama: The trio of magical charms on this necklace grant the wearer a +1 luck bonus to fort, ref, and will saves. Once per day, as a swift action, these bonuses may instead be exchanged for a +3 luck bonus to a save of the wearer's choice; the necklace's properties revert to normal the next day.

Corwin

The necklace seems neat so I'll take it. From #e chatter, it appears fine by everyone?

Also, how could we get more potions? Is it as simple as wiring money to Myriam? I think having a Restoration on hand would be pro, even if we think we have enough Cures for now.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

In addition to the various (nonmagical) insignia emblems you found scattered around, the team acquired two magical items during the most recent explorations.

The cloak found on the tower is:

Heatsink Cloak: This enchanted cloak, patterned dun and rust red, absorbs the brunt of any fire the wearer is subject to and grants her a temporary boon with the stolen energy. While worn, the wearer gains fire resistance 5. If 5 points of damage are prevented in this manner during the course of a single round, the user gains one of the following bonuses: a +5 luck bonus to her next attack roll; 5 temporary HP (these are applied after whatever attack or event caused their generation); or a +5 dodge bonus to defense against the next attack directed at her. No more than one of these bonuses can be active at a time. Each of them expires after an hour if not expended through other means.

The gemstone necklace is:

Leeching Wardstone: A faceted orange gem an inch in length and half that in width, the stone set in this pendant hangs from a silver cord. Some manner of hungry, supernatural entity is sealed inside, its will having been channeled to protect the bearer from similar threats in exchange for a minor amount of her life energy. If the wearer is subject to any attack, spell or effect that inflicts level drain, ability drain, or ability damage, the first level or point of such loss is negated in exchange for 1 hit point. Ability drain/damage from poison or disease is unaffected.

The spirit within the wardstone has become quite willful over time and does not easily part with its wearer. Upon donning the pendant, the stone will immediately burrow into the wearer's flesh just above her sternum. Thereafter, it can be only removed by digging it out forcibly (incurring 5 hit points of damage), making a successful treat injury check (DC 15), or the application of a Remove Curse spell.

Carthrat

I'll take the wardstone, actually. Living necklace burrowed into my flesh? That sounds healthy!
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

Since no PC has claimed it (Nadia loves it for the warmth but it's pretty ugly and with evasion she's the least likely to be hit with fire anyway), how about giving the Heatsink Cloak to Rena?

Sierra

Quote from: Carthrat on August 08, 2010, 03:20:58 AM
I'll take the wardstone, actually. Living necklace burrowed into my flesh? That sounds healthy!

The moment the pendant has settled on your body, the silver chain snaps off behind your neck, encircles the stone, and digs into your body like a ring of tiny, metal teeth. It stills once it's half-buried within you, leaving the flesh around it slightly raised from displacement.

This will be unnoticeable while wearing clothes that cover you up to your neck, but anything more revealing than that and you might get some odd looks.

~

I can add the cloak to Rena's sheet if no one else wants it. Speak up if you do.

Sierra

You have acquired another teleportation bracelet. The stack of cash sent by Justine contains enough money to boost Yomi, Nadia and Erin's wealth by 4. The machete is the following:

Black Blood (+1 machete, wounding): Elgin's weapon is enchanted to both hinder opponents and empower the wielder. Enemies struck by Black Blood suffer 1 damage per round thereafter; this effect is cumulative per hit and only negated by a DC 15 treat injury check or a healing spell. The wielder of Black Blood regenerates 1 lost hit point for each point of damage inflicted in this manner. This effect cannot raise the wielder's current hit points above their normal maximum. The wounding effect does not apply to constructs, elementals, oozes, and undead; nor does the healing effect should any such entities wield it.

The notched blade of the weapon emanates a sick, greasy light that does nothing to illuminate one's surroundings and only fills the wielder with a sense of unease. Anyone carrying Black Blood into battle suffers a -2 penalty to will saves for the duration of combat. This is a mind-affecting effect.

Sierra

Myriam has lent you the following items:

Diadem of Insight: This is a lightweight, silver crown, studded with jewels. The sorcery imbued in the gems imparts a certain amount of foresight to the wearer: all physical attacks targeting the wearer suffer a 10% miss chance. This increases to 20% for ranged attacks when worn in conjunction with Myriam's Deflection Ring.

Deflection Ring: This enchanted ring grants the wearer a +1 deflection bonus to defense against ranged attacks. When worn in conjunction with Myriam's Diadem of Insight, the wearer may also, as a reaction, redirect one missed ranged attack targeted at her per round. To do so, make a ranged attack roll against the target of your choice (within line of sight; you cannot target an enemy behind you) using your best BAB. A successful hit deals the base weapon damage of the original attack, as well as any elemental damage provided by the special qualities of enchanted weapons. Any relevant range penalties apply.

2x Eagle Eye Glasses: These are old-fashioned, tinted spectacles whose antiquated style suggests manufacture in the 19th century at the latest. The lenses look dark to an observer, but the wearer is actually granted darkvision for 60 feet and a +5 insight bonus on spot checks. The wearer's eyes become accustomed to this effect after 1 hour of continual use; abrupt removal in normal lighting conditions after that time demands a DC 15 fort save to avoid being blinded for 1d4 rounds.

The sack of potions includes the following:

4x Delay Poison (CL3)
2x Neutralize Poison (CL7)
2x Cure Critical Wounds (CL7)

Carthrat

I'll grab a set of glasses, and I can wear the diadem of insight and the deflection ring if nobody else will.

Let's give neutralize poison potions to Yomi and Rena, and delay poison potions to Nadia, Lucia, Hazel, and me. Cure critical wounds can go to Rena and Hazel? Trying to spread things around a bit.

I also have like a ton of potions on me, actually...

3x potion of Cure Light Wounds (CL1)
2x potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (CL3)
2x potion of Delay Poison (CL3)
2x potion of Cure Serious Wounds (CL5)
2x potion of Remove Disease (CL5)
1x potion of Neutralize Poison (CL7)

Let's give another neutralize to Sayuri, and just keep the rest at the back in case someone needs one since I'm too lazy to assign them all. <_<
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

Nadia will take a cure moderate in addition to her delay poison

Corwin

Rena should sell her old masterwork sword (or put it on a wall in our house, whichever). The ninja surely had masterwork shit, anyway, and it's all going towards the Rena fund. Objections?

Ebiris

Nadia doesn't particularly care if Rena wants to decorate a dungeon or whatever. But if any ninjas have shiny jewels or anything all bets are off.

Sierra

The ninjas didn't take any luxury items with them when setting out to kill you, just what they thought they'd need to accomplish the task. Most of this material is chaff with little resale value--knives, rope, nets and the like. The short swords favored by Tsukino are quality work, however, and can be sold to various dealers of antiques and exotic curiosities for a sum sufficient to bring Rena's wealth bonus up to +11.

Rena will sell her old sword if you tell her to IC, but otherwise she doesn't seem inclined to do so.

Corwin

Advanced order on a zeppelin~

[01:53] <Sierra_Comatose> Anyway, Cor, buying a zeppelin of the cheaper variety Eb dug up would entail a wealth hit of 1d6+1, by the book. I assume taking twenty for purchases as always because why complicate buying stuff.

[02:04] <Yomi> roll 1d6+1 hat
[02:04] * Hatbot --> "Yomi rolls 1d6+1 hat and gets 3." [1d6=2]