News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Customized Junk

Started by Carthrat, December 08, 2009, 01:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Weapon Aptitude [General]
Prerequisites: Weapon Focus
Effect: Your training with a wide range of weaponry and tactics give you great skill in adapting to different weapons. You qualify for feats that usually require a minimum number of fighter levels (such as Weapon Specialization) as if you had a fighter level equal to your class level -2.

You also have the flexibility to adjust your weapon training. Each morning, you can spend one hour in weapon practice to change the designated weapon for any feat you have that applies only to a single weapon (such as Weapon Focus). You must have the newly designated weapon avaliable during your session to make this change. If you possess a Weapon Mastery feat (Melee Weapon Mastery or Ranged Weapon Mastery), they can also be adjusted appropriately. You must still meet all prerequisites for the feats you select.

Special: Characters with this feat are entitled to one haiku per session.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

No to the haiku, that's some imbalanced shit.

(Seriously, doesn't it work like each non fighter level is equal to 1/2 fighter level or something?)
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

Nah, you're thinking of the qualifying for the spells, I mean, maneuvers. This is how it works for feats.

Although maybe it should just let regular class levels stack as is without the -2 thing?

Dracos

You're asking for two separate things there.

An ability to swap weapons once per day and reorient your feats to a new weapon is basically a no-op.  It's something fighters should've always had.

The ability to stack random class levels with fighter is pretty strong, and while probably a reasonable feat, likely shouldn't be patched on to a feat that grants both for random characters.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Cards (Su): The Knight is able to draw upon the power of the other cards she has recovered. She can invoke one card per day for every four levels she possesses, though she can never invoke the same card twice in a day.

*points to that feature you got* Given that Knight is technically a card herself, why can't that be the power of her own particular card? Retraining what weapon a feat points at, that is.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Carthrat

True, I tagged the first bit on when copying the feat over. I don't really plan to make use of it either, in retrospect. It's strong, probably, for other people?

Anastasia

I'll post about it in the morning or afternoon. If anyone else wants to chime in, go ahead.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Maybe I should take out the fighter level thing and insert something else, like some arbitrary bonus vs. getting disarmed or increasing the weapon's damage die or a minor AC bonus or something.

Carthrat

Although if I took Merc's idea...

Knight (Su): It is only appropriate that a being created for war is a master of every tool of war. By laying hands upon a particular weapon, Knight can instantly determine the best ways to use it. She gains proficiency in it if she doesn't have it already, and any Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Weapon Mastery or any other feats she possesses that are tied to a particular kind of weapon are applied to the new item (losing their attachment to the old in the process.)

Anastasia

Quote from: Carthrat on December 09, 2009, 10:23:37 PM
Although if I took Merc's idea...

Knight (Su): It is only appropriate that a being created for war is a master of every tool of war. By laying hands upon a particular weapon, Knight can instantly determine the best ways to use it. She gains proficiency in it if she doesn't have it already, and any Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Weapon Mastery or any other feats she possesses that are tied to a particular kind of weapon are applied to the new item (losing their attachment to the old in the process.)

That's fine, let's just go with this and move along.

---

While the floor is open, anyone else have anything customized they're considering for now or down the line?
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Are Chrono-Trigger style team attacks on the table? We can get all Sentai about it! (dibs on pink ranger)

Dracos

I adore team attacks and often try and just set them up within the rules.  :P

That said, feel free to lance anyone I knock down.
Well, Goodbye.