News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Miscellania

Started by Anastasia, December 10, 2009, 03:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

That's actually better for me, thanks!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Oraga's up. Cor, I'll do most of the PM heavy lifting tomorrow since I spent so long on Oraga. I'll answer a few questions here, though.

QuoteCould you add a new spoiler tag where you'd put her attack routine as both using rapidshot and as using manyshot (from 30ft away) as separate entries for each of her favored enemies, including all the relevant to hit/damage/ac booster info?

That's going into the territory of a full on cheat sheet. If you want one do it yourself, you'll set it up how you like it and I'll add it to her sheet if you like.

Ring of Entropic Deflection: 20% miss chance on ranged attacks when you move 10ft in a round, goes up to 50% if you're wearing a speed boosting item. <-- does the 50% miss chance require moving more than the standard 10ft?

No. It only says you need to have a movement boosting item to gain the 50% benefit, not that you need to move more than the 10ft to activate the base power.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

On tap soon:

For NPCs, the only one I can think of right now is Jornsen. I've been meaning to do him forever and a day, but it requires log diving and I go meh to that. Most of what's up next is stuff I won't be posting to you guys.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Fixing a dumb 1 AM mistake: Oraga now has the elf subtype instead of human. Since he hijacked an elven body this makes a lot more sense!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Design notes: Epic Scout's main virtue is continuing skirmish. Beyond that battle fortitude continues to rise as does fast movement. Technically fast movement stops at 11th level, but I'm pre-assuming a house rule that has it continue at level 19 and every 8 levels thereafter. I don't know why they had it stop instead of continuing. I've put scouts at a bonus feat every three levels, this could slide up to two. I'm on the fence about it.

Epic Scout

Hit Die: d8

Skill points at each level: 6 + int modifier.

Skirmish (Ex)

This ability continues to improve at level 21 and every two levels thereafter. It alternates between improving skirmishes damage dice and AC bonus, becoming +6d6/+5 AC at level 21, +6d6/+6 AC at level 23 and so on.

Battle Fortitude (Ex)

At level 29 and every nine levels thereafter, your battle fortitude bonus increases by one.

Fast Movement (Ex)

At level 27 and every eight levels thereafter, your bonus to movement increases by 10 feet.

Bonus feats: The epic scout gains a bonus feat(Selected from the epic scout bonus feat list) at 22rd level and every three levels thereafter. Epic Scout Bonus Feat List: Armor Skin, Blinding Speed, Combat Archery, Devastating Critical, Distant Shot, Epic Dodge, Epic Endurance, Epic Prowess, Epic Reputation, Epic Speed, Epic Toughness, Fast Healing, Improved Manyshot, Improved Skirmish, Overwhelming Critical, Perfect Health, Spectral Strike, Uncanny Accuracy.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Scouts are basically rogues in wilderness clothing, and rogues get bonus epic feats every 4 levels.

Anastasia

I'd say a rogue should be a  bonus feat every 3 levels.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Refocusing time!

What's on tap for you guys in a timeframe of 3-12 months or so? Feel free to paste things from the last time I asked by all means, I'm touching base here.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Mmm. As always when you ask, it'll be a bit lengthy.

First, I think I'll post a thread or something about things I want to be updated on from time to time (a list of things in progress, such as reconstruction of Kesse's economy or EARTH remaking the Wastes and such). I figure it'd make it much easier to keep track of things without cluttering the game itself much.

So with that out of the way, things I have left that I want to do. I kinda want to do a bunch of brief fluff stuff. Visiting various elves I'm friendly with (such as Ambrose and Celebrimbor). I still need to settle the Gilartal/Mia/Cauldron's temple to Waukeen issue, which was kind of left hanging. Visiting human family in the Baronies (or Malmuth?). Now that I know there's yet another (potential) civilization remaining past the jungle and the Kesse block, I want to go exploring it with Amaryl. Alicia too, if she wants to come, since it'd probably be fun. I want to organize an elemental hub between the good-aligned elemental realms in the Cauldron, and while the timeskip would be pro for it, I figure at least one meeting should take place 'on screen' to set the tone for it, or decide if it even takes off the ground. I also need to talk to Lagann and ask him if he wants his old body and/or memories back.

I dunno, though, if any of this is fun for you to run. We tend to drift over to other stuff when I try to do this, but you also told me that wasn't intentional. So up to you?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Alicia needs to send terms to Nemiel for Baalzebub's 'diplomatic' visit to the Cauldron. She'll do so just before the 7 months are up so she can dictate what's what rather than him showing up on her doorstep with an itinerary.

Other than that she'll mostly be focused on the Benfal issue. Using the superior summoning circles at Copy Alicia's pad she'll planar bind a bundle of Thoqqas to go and kill a tainted forest or two by the roots, and she plans to seed a powerful devilslaying weapon in a hidden place on Benfal in hopes that a cool rebel will find it (sympathy/antipathy used to try and ensure only a nice person finds it), which will come out of her personal cash. Most other stuff will be done through her minions, like cracking down on Rosier's cults on other primes and sending saboteurs/rabble-rousers/assassins to Benfal. Also want to get more information on Rosier's demiplane, so some spies will go snoop around Gehenna.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 12, 2010, 04:37:17 PM
Mmm. As always when you ask, it'll be a bit lengthy.

First, I think I'll post a thread or something about things I want to be updated on from time to time (a list of things in progress, such as reconstruction of Kesse's economy or EARTH remaking the Wastes and such). I figure it'd make it much easier to keep track of things without cluttering the game itself much.

This is good. Do it.

QuoteSo with that out of the way, things I have left that I want to do. I kinda want to do a bunch of brief fluff stuff. Visiting various elves I'm friendly with (such as Ambrose and Celebrimbor). I still need to settle the Gilartal/Mia/Cauldron's temple to Waukeen issue, which was kind of left hanging. Visiting human family in the Baronies (or Malmuth?). Now that I know there's yet another (potential) civilization remaining past the jungle and the Kesse block, I want to go exploring it with Amaryl. Alicia too, if she wants to come, since it'd probably be fun. I want to organize an elemental hub between the good-aligned elemental realms in the Cauldron, and while the timeskip would be pro for it, I figure at least one meeting should take place 'on screen' to set the tone for it, or decide if it even takes off the ground. I also need to talk to Lagann and ask him if he wants his old body and/or memories back.

I dunno, though, if any of this is fun for you to run. We tend to drift over to other stuff when I try to do this, but you also told me that wasn't intentional. So up to you?

Most of it is, yes. It's just when you spend long periods of time doing one thing and other things are going on, interruptions do happen. <_<

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on August 12, 2010, 04:54:23 PM
Alicia needs to send terms to Nemiel for Baalzebub's 'diplomatic' visit to the Cauldron. She'll do so just before the 7 months are up so she can dictate what's what rather than him showing up on her doorstep with an itinerary.

Other than that she'll mostly be focused on the Benfal issue. Using the superior summoning circles at Copy Alicia's pad she'll planar bind a bundle of Thoqqas to go and kill a tainted forest or two by the roots, and she plans to seed a powerful devilslaying weapon in a hidden place on Benfal in hopes that a cool rebel will find it (sympathy/antipathy used to try and ensure only a nice person finds it), which will come out of her personal cash. Most other stuff will be done through her minions, like cracking down on Rosier's cults on other primes and sending saboteurs/rabble-rousers/assassins to Benfal. Also want to get more information on Rosier's demiplane, so some spies will go snoop around Gehenna.

Okay. Draw up those terms and have them ready.

Okay on the Benfal stuff. I'll get you up to date on things as relevant.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Avenger of Innocence
This scimitar is made of gleaming silver, its razor sharp curve bringing to mind a crescent moon. The hilt is smooth and bears a single emerald recessed into its pommel, while its short crossguard is studded with orange amber stones.
This weapon is an Alchemical Silver scimitar +5, with the Evil Outsider Bane and Lawful Outsider Bane enhancements (giving it a total enhancement bonus of +9 against creatures such as devils). It is intelligent, possessing darkvision, hearing, and blindsense out to 120 feet, and able to communicate both by speech and telepathy. Once per day, it can impose a dimensional anchor, and it has 10 ranks in Knowledge (Planes).
The blade is devoted to slaying devils, and will constantly encourage its wielder to follow such a pursuit in the most efficient manner - it is patient and not reckless, willing to bide its time so long as it leads to better opportunities to rid the world of such tyrannical creatures. It uses its own knowledge to instruct its wielder on the habits and abilities of the baatezu, to make them more capable of defeating such foes, and will caution rather than press attack on a creature clearly out of its wielder's league.
While quite happy to serve anyone who meets it goals, the sword will not countenance an unworthy wielder, and especially not any who sympathise with the devils. In such cases it will exert all will towards being passed onto a more appropriate bearer.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
INT 10 WIS 18 CHA 18
EGO 20

This sword will cost Alicia 125,000gp to make (out of the 127,795 she has handy), broken down as 98k for a +7 weapon, 12k for the intelligent weapon basic aspect, 10k for it to have dimensional anchor, and 5k for knowledge planes.

The Circle of Twelve and Benfallan refugees will hopefully help in its construction, to make it a more suitable weapon in aspect and temperament for a champion of their people to wield. Once it is ready, it will be hidden in a wild place of Benfal, with a Sympathy spell placed on it that will attract Good creatures. From there hopefully one will pick it up and go on to become a hero.

As for the Thoqqas, Alicia will go to the mountain sanctuary of Copy Alicia and employ the ley lines there to boost Lesser Planar Binding spells (produced via Limited Wishes) to summon forth a half dozen of the creatures. She will then try to cajole them into going to Benfal via a Gate she will open to one of the reshaped forests, whereupon they are to burrow under the earth and roam as they like to scorch all the tree roots they find, for a period of one month before their service is considered complete and they may return to the reality of fire. She doesn't really have anything she considers suitable for bribing them, so will rely purely on charisma and persuasion to gain their service (+9 to her check, +0 to theirs before any modifiers).

The other things she will have less direct oversight over, but will basically involve sending over spies and saboteurs to weaken the baatezu grip on the planet in small ways and gather intelligence to be used when the campaign is stepped up. Likewise she'll be sending forces to worlds Rosier has cults on to gather information and prepare to either discredit/undermine them or outright assault them. She wouldn't be personally involved with such unless something really big was found. Spies will also go to Gehenna to bribe a few 'loths and try to find out about Rosier's demiplane.

Ebiris

Alicia will first use a Sending on Nemiel, asking where she can deliver an itinerary for his Lord's visit to Sylica, and then she'll pop open a Gate and drop it through. The itinerary, in appropriately diplomatic language, will describe the following:

Baalzebub is to arrive in Sylica via a Gate that Alicia will provide, at a time and place designated by him. He may bring up to two attendants if he so wishes. He will arrive at the castle of Silverwatch, where a feast will be held to honour the visit, gifts will be exchanged, and they might discuss the trials of the Furnace, and the changes it has undergone in becoming Sylica. After the dinner, Alicia and Syala will grant Baalzebub audience to discuss matters of mutual interest, and a way will be opened for him to return to Hell.

As far as the feast goes, Alicia and Syala will naturally be in attendance, as well as a few of the big names in Sylica like Latha and Strength of Light, plus any people who might provide good conversation and not be too freaked out by dining with a Lord of the Nine. Seira can come along as a surprise special guest. Castle Silverwatch itself is pretty remote in Sylica, seeing as it holds a permanent Gate to the Outreaches. As far as gifts, Alicia intends to present him with Sammael's Inspiration, and A Perfect Sacrifice (the painting of Zariel's favoured sacrifice that was looted from Gerelethen).

I'll talk to Syala about the itinerary to see if she has any suggested modifications beforehand. And if Seira can spare her, I wouldn't mind asking Sanzha for a bit of advice on diplomacy between planar bigwigs.

Anastasia

This is going into house rules, since I find myself wanting to use this feat for the entire evil spectrum.

Blood War Conscript [Vile]
Prerequisite: Evil Brand.
Benefit: Against good aligned enemies you gain a +1 profane bonus to attack and damage rolls. In addition, if you serve demons this bonus applies against lawful enemies. If you serve devils it applies to chaotic opponents. If you serve yugoloths, it may apply to either lawful of chaotic alignments. Once this choice is made, it cannot be changed except by your yugoloth master.
<Afina> Forever.