News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Planning and stuff

Started by Sierra, March 20, 2010, 11:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra

So, day and a half before NINJA ASSAULT here. If you have come to decisions about who's going to be positioned where/allocations of potions and items/other stuff, say so here so I know the setup come Saturday? And sort out spell lists where relevant, etcetera.

Remember that we're starting an hour late this session, too.

Ebiris

Collating everyone's desires...

Lucia and Hazel will man the tower, kitted out with darkvision glasses and able to snipe ninjas as they approach from the front and sides, and any attempts to climb up. Rena can also be in the tower to defend against any ninjas who do get up there, or else serve as a flanker to come down and cut off retreat once the ninjas are fully engaged inside the church.

Yomi and Sayuri and Erin and dogs in the main church hall, appearing to perform some sort of ritual and acting as bait for when any ninjas break in through the windows to try and lure them into attacking en masse to suffer Erin's spells and the assumedly painful sonic howling of the dogs.

Suzume and Paula in the basement to act as a reserve once the church is assaulted in force.

Nadia on the church grounds hiding and acting to intercept any runners once the battle is joined, or gank any vulnerable looking loners overseeing the battle.

While Nadia wouldn't mind having someone she could call on for support if things get dicey, the fact that the church just has the one door which is presumably where the greatest concentration of ninjas will be makes that a bit problematic. If the dogs are any good at stealth she wouldn't object to having one with her, if it can be spared.

As far as potions go, Nadia and her shitty fort save would appreciate a Delay Poison for her to drink at the first sign of ninjas.

Corwin

I'm thinking we could move some of the pews to hide the dogs behind them, so that the scouts would not see them (and thus not prepare for them).

Also, maybe Rena and yourself should be with us for when we get scouted? Then, once the scouts leave back to report, we can break up into the groups you posted. Thoughts?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

I'd rather keep the tower defended by a meleer - if a scout comes in the front door and then immediately goes up the tower rather than away or forward to fight Sayuri then they'll have a chance to fight our shootygirls in awkwardly close combat, the same if a scout retreats from Yomi's just fury and tries to be tricky by running up the tower. Nadia could hang around with you guys, since she's more apt to get bored and cold hanging around outside for an indeterminate period of time, but it'll be harder for her to get back out the church unseen given that there's just the one door which is most closely watched of all and doesn't offer any cover for a sneaky legendary catburglar.

Sierra

The dogs seem to have some minor affinity for sneaking around, you observe (as they stalk hapless squirrels in the churchyard), though not nearly as much skill as Nadia or the quarry she'll be hunting. They are very alert, though. One of them also quite brazenly walks through a wall when it needs to go outside.

Ebiris

Given the dog's brazen ethereality, I'd be cool with having a signal such as Nadia whistling as a signal that she needs help and they can come running out that way to lend aid.

Sierra

The dogs seem sharp enough to get the picture after a couple minutes of Nadia whistling and others pointing at her. It seems like they'll do what you want them to do when the time comes.

Carthrat

Suzume!
1st: Shield of Faithx3, Sanctuary, Faerie Fire, Bless,
2nd: Hold Personx3, Lesser Restoration, Enhance Ability
3rd: Glyph of Warding x3
4th: Magic Bullets, Restoration

Magic Bullets will be cast on 50 bullets for healing purposes, and distributed between myself, Hazel, and Lucia; assuming clip sizes of 7, let's say me and hazel both have two clips of healing, and Lucia has 3. I guess I'll pocket the last lucky bullet and manually load it if need be. They heal 1d8+5 damage a shot.

One glyph of warding will be placed in the stairway tower; another will be placed in the center of the room (where we will be standing), and the other on the right-hand side. They cover a significant radius (1 5ft square per caster level) and we can set them to not trigger against us via command word ('Terrible').

Suzume will then go to hide in the basement, powering up with Enhance Ability and then sniping with Hold Person. If she's attacked, she can then cast Sancutary on herself while Paula appears to defend her, and then run around healing us without worrying too much about getting hurt herself. Shields of Faith will be doled out as opportunity dicates (almost certainly one on herself), the duration is rather short.

Erin!
0th: Read Magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Haywire
1st: Mage Armor x4, Change Self
2nd: Enhance Ability, Darkvision, Web, Protection from Bullets x2
3rd: Hold Person x4

Mage Armor shall be cast on myself, Yomi, Rena, and Sayuri. Protection from Bullets will be cast on Yomi and Lucia.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

Zeppelin Pilot Wanted

Seeking a bright young woman to safely guide a zeppelin on a trip around the world. Extravagant pay, chance to see exotic locations. Knowledge of Japanese, a plus.

Corwin

Let's get our ducks in order!

First, we have the people coming. The PCs, Sayuri, Suzume, Rena. The crew, who may either be Schroedinger's Characters or end up awesome action girls to join the cast. Who else? I'm cool with asking IC in a case by case basis, but who should even be asked? Lucia, Hazel, Uliana? Selene?

Second, communication orbs. I propose leaving one with Myriam and one with Grace, so that we can actually stay in contact whenever we need to. And, naturally, one back on the ship for when we disembark with someone we trust who remains onboard. Is that fine? Any other ideas? Also, how about leaving one with a group of friendly demons in an Elseworld, if they're as nice as the Japanese Elseworld demons? Apparently we have like up to 20 orbs to play with so there's plenty of margin....

Third, magic and other associated weirdness. Do we care to hide/conceal it in any way? I'm asking because I don't, particularly. I won't go out of the way to prove to everyone I meet that The Demons exist but it wouldn't really bother me if they knew. How about you guys?

Carthrat

I don't go to any great length to conceal it, but nor do I just go around talking about it to random people. It's ultimately preferable at present for it to not attain mainstream standing. Fame isn't really my thing, anyway.

I have this urge to give Hazel something to do, even if that thing is fly around on our ship and lower the level of discourse. I object, however, to taking on-board the traumatized woman who probably has pyrotechnic skills, helium or not. I don't think Lucia would want to come. Selene I'm fine with.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up