News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Planning and stuff

Started by Sierra, March 20, 2010, 11:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra

Posting for the sake of sorting out what folks are doing next session. The following activities have been mentioned for the party's stay in London. Level of interest/whether people feel this stuff needs to happen onscreen or off?

-Group chat about Rena, and possibly with her collectively or solo afterwards (I believe Yomi had some interest in the latter). I'd suggest we pick up with this next session, unless there are objections? It is likely to be an elephant in the room if you haul her around longer without talking through the stuff you read.

-Meeting with Myriam (the arcane expert Walker referred you to). For a variety of reasons, I'd like this to happen onscreen, but if there's no group interest it could be truncated in some fashion/just a solo meeting.

-Meeting with Grace. This is Erin-centric and can probably be a solo session. Finding a time both of us are around is likely problematic during the week, Rat, so I'd suggest sometime this weekend or maybe next Friday (your Saturday morning). Unless you can think of something better?

-Erin wanted to investigate SCIENCE stuff found in the Nazi documents. Can probably be done the same time as the above.

-Yomi mentioned getting in contact with Walker for updates. I don't imagine this should be a lengthy exchange, so summarize by post sound good?

-Siphoning ze monies from Ivo's bank account. This is not excitement city, it can surely be handled with some flavor text and rolling.

-You also have a film reel to watch.

Anything else?

Carthrat

Sounds about right. I'd like to meet Myriam IC, personally. But since we're in a rush I'm also okay with saying Nadia and Yomi go do that whilst I play with chemicals and cultists and handling it offscreen.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

I'd like to watch the film and contact Walker afterwards. Unless there's objection, can the film be summed up with appropriate flare?

Re: Rena, yep, there's interest but we really need to all chat together about her first. In fact, after the Rena chat, let's go meet Myriam. Then if Rat is sleepy, Eb and I could finish touching base with her while he makes an excuse to go play with chemicals or somesuch.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

Works. I'll post something tomorrow or Friday. (Not a lot to it anyway, minute postage compared to last week's infodump.)

Sierra

So, going to Japan sounds like the plan for next time. Are there any loose ends anyone wanted to try and deal with before leaving?

Corwin

Japan sounds good, let's fly~

Sierra

'kay. Are you spending any time resting before you go, or just jetting out right from Poland? Stuff does happen offscreen while time passes, so I like to keep track of the days.

Carthrat

We will recover from our injuries, contact various people to see if Masha is on the move, and then go to Japan?

Carthrat

Hrn. So, three things spring to mind that we can do presently.

-Go to Japan, get Shishi-o, which we really should do as our next big thing. Will bring it up this session IC, no doubt.
-Go to St. Petersburg, stage an asylum break!
-I don't... think we have anything of Elgin's. But Justine would. We can try contacting her for something.

Carthrat

I will send a letter to Justine requesting one of Elgin's personal artifacts, which I believe she has looted. I am too tired to actually write a letter like that now, but I could! <_<

Corwin

Let's GI stuff! Who wanted swords like the Shishio, who seemed to act suspiciously/dropped those desires around the time the Shishio was taken, who had dealings with Germans (especially around that time). We could devote a day to investigate each angle. Thoughts?

Ebiris

Nadiako the bishoujo heroine who certainly is not a magical girl can certainly do this.

Sierra

I'm gonna take a page from Dune here see if we can get that stuff done offscreen, then. Next time we're both around in chat, specify what you're looking for, roll GI, results will be posted here. Same goes for any ensuing knowledge rolls.

Ebiris

[13:36] <@Ayane> roll 1d20+15 Gather Info for people interested in swords like Shishio (presuming Yomi tells me what like Shishio means)
[13:36] * +Hatbot --> "Ayane rolls 1d20+15 Gather Info for people interested in swords like Shishio (presuming Yomi tells me what like Shishio means) and gets 27." [1d20=12]

[13:36] <@Ayane> roll 1d20+15 Gather Info for people who've had dealings with zee Germans
[13:36] * +Hatbot --> "Ayane rolls 1d20+15 Gather Info for people who've had dealings with zee Germans and gets 34." [1d20=19]

Sierra

(There's some overlap here, so I'm kind of merging them together.)

So Nadiako mingles with Osaka's public, looking for gossip. Although a number of locals are taken aback by her apparent interest in the arts of war (swords? Such an unseemly topic for a respectable young woman!), a number of young military men prove quite willing to enthuse at length about weapons--government propaganda has made it fashionable to emulate bushido, after all, and who would turn down a chance to demonstrate their knowledge and skill to someone with a such a pretty and, above all, impressionable face? Amidst many boring army stories through which Nadia can only struggle to feign interest, you do glean a few useful facts. Ultimately, your inquiries turn up three collectors who have an abiding interest in seeking out and acquiring unique, ancient, and obscure weaponry:

-Isamu Oshiro: A general in the renowned Kwangtung Army, his enthusiasm for the traditional samurai implements of war reportedly extends to considerable skill in their use. General Oshiro is presently stationed in Manchukuo, on the mainland, assisting the puppet government there and stamping out Chinese resistance.

-Ichirou Fukui: An industry leader who owns and operates Fukui Armaments, currently an enormously lucrative enterprise since it's become a primary supplier of firearms for the Imperial Japanese Army. Given that, it should be no surprise that he has extensive high-level government contacts and is a man of considerable influence. His base of operations is in Tokyo. Although his company chiefly produces rifles, Fukui himself avidly collects all manner of weapons.

General Oshiro and Fukui are both staunch nationalists with an enthusiasm for aggressive foreign expansion in the name of Japanese interests. Naturally, both of the above openly voice approval of similar German policies and maintain cordial relations with political and business leaders in the Reich.

-Kurou Wakahisa: A reclusive mystic, many strange rumors circle about him without much in the way of verifiable facts. Some nebulous government connection is rumored, but he holds no official position nor responsibilities. He is known to occasionally emerge from hiding to meet with foreign occultists studying traditional Japanese magic.

Knowledge: Arcana can be rolled for more information on Kurou Wakahisa. Yomi gets a +5 bonus if she chooses to do so. (Unless noted otherwise, this will generally be the case with knowledge checks while in Japan.