Planning and stuff

Started by Sierra, March 20, 2010, 11:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[22:14] <Yomi> roll 1d20+8 Arcana
[22:14] * Hatbot --> "Yomi rolls 1d20+8 Arcana and gets 20." [1d20=12]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

Kurou Wakahisa...Yomi thinks...yes, you've heard that name before. He is sometimes in the same line of work, after all. Wakahisa is an onmyoji, a practitioner of traditional Japanese divination. In medieval times they worked for the imperial court and were sometimes called upon to banish evil spirits. When the Meiji era began, the government declared the practice an outdated superstition and officially banned it, which makes it curious that Wakahisa still operates.

He does not often leave home, you think. Last you heard, he dwelled in a small village in Gifu prefecture, about halfway between your current location and Tokyo. His retreat is somewhere in the mountains near the city of Gero.

Corwin

It's a risk, but let's go see this guy. Cid says, "By train or car it'd probably take a few hours to get in the vicinity. Call it ~6 or so. You'd have to get further directions once you were in the general area."

I say we go for it. It beats sitting for a week, and the ninja clan really might find out about our deception in that time. Better that we try something.

Carthrat

Professional interest dictates that I also wish to see this guy.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

I'm not one to go against convention. Lets go meet the crazy mystic.

Sierra

So, I'm hoping to get in a solo session with each of you before next Saturday. For the purpose of scheduling this, I'm thinking the following:

Cor: Friday? I have no conflicts that day and I believe this is one of the days you can be up late. I could grab you after Balmuria?

Eb: Post-Balmuria sometime during the week? Monday or Wednesday would be best. Monday would be better since I'm usually very frazzled when I get home on Wednesday (up late for planar the night before).

Rat: As for your suggestion of before or after planar, afterwards is pretty much unworkable since that would mean I don't sleep at all that night. Before, possibly, I can crash out as soon as I get home and catch you when you're getting up. What's the earliest you'd be around? Alternately, I could get up really early tomorrow morning, and catch you on your Sunday night? Dunno if you do stuff then or not.

Ebiris

Carthrat

I do need to sleep Sunday night, so it depends how early you get up. We're talking, like, 6-7am here for you, I think.

I can get up several hours before planar, 4, say?

Corwin

Let's go to Tokyo and fight evil!

Carthrat

Before we go, I do want to quickly relate to Wakihisa the basic outline of how exorcising both a holy and unholy item in close proximity results in a catastrophic explosion. Perhaps as an exorcist he can offer some insight into this, or come up with some kind of countermeasure we could use.

After that, to Tokyo! Are we going to follow up on the ninja thing, or go straight for.. Fukui armaments, I think it was?

Carthrat

I will try to arrange for Grace to contact Myriam and arrange for a Scroll of Tongues to make it's way here as rapidly as possible (if that's still 'really slow' then just have one waiting for me when I get back, since clearly I need it!)

Corwin

I'd like to try and see my old colleagues if possible, and head to Kyoto afterwards. It's possible that the ninja could be convinced to leave us alone and kill the guy who's plotting to blackmail them further down the line, if presented right.

Carthrat

We can selectively edit or omit certain documents to make it look like a definite plan of his, rather than 'insurance'.

Corwin

Can I make a request for Nadia to GI the mysterious man of mystery and his harem, so we have their desc? It might just be someone we know using a fake name!

Sierra

Sure. (I was surprised you didn't ask about that at the meeting.)