News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Houserules!

Started by Anastasia, March 22, 2010, 09:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

1. Every character get 2 extra skill points per level, with quadruple at 1st level.

2. Toughness functions as improved toughness. You can't stack it.

3. No EXP points. With a spell that costs EXP, assume 1:5 ratio EXP/GP exchange rate for a costly material component instead. A 100 XP spell would cost 500 GP instead. This rule is a bit flexible since it breaks down in some cases but it's a good place to start from.

4. A alignment based smite counts as that alignment to bypass damage reduction. A paladin smiting evil bypasses DR/good, for example.

5. Dodge grants you a flat +1 dodge bonus to AC. You lose this bonus whenever you are denied your dexterity modifier to AC.

6. Monks get full BAB growth. Monk PrCs may or may not get this depending on the PrC, ask me if it comes up.

7. Paladins use charisma for spellcasting instead of wisdom. This reduces crippling paladin MAD.

8. Rangers get full animal companion progression instead of half.

9. I've been using a different turn undead in Balmuria and I like it, so let's use it here:

QuoteTurn Undead
You create a burst of positive energy centered on yourself with a thirty foot radius.  All undead creatures in the area take 1d6 points of damage per Cleric level. A successful Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 cleric level + Cha mod) halves the damage.  All living creatures in the area are healed the same amount (Will save for half, harmless).  You are not affected by your own turn attempts.

Undead creatures with Turn Resistance take less damage.  For each point of turn resistance, reduce the number of damage dice by one.  So if a ninth level Cleric (9d6 turn damage normally) would turn a vampire (turn resistance 4), he would roll 4d6 damage less, so he would only deal 5d6 damage to the vampire.

Spells that grant a bonus to turn checks such as consecrate now grant an additional +1d6 to your turning dice. Some feats may need to be tweaked according to this, talk to me if so.

10. Sorcerers get Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at 1st level. They may use metamagic as a standard action instead of a full round action.

Feel free to suggest more or bitch if a rule doesn't do it for you.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

VySaika

Suggestions!

Weapon Group Proficiencies!

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/weaponGroupFeats.htm

Also, suggesting a new weapon I'd like to use.

Battle Rod: Exotic Double Basic Weapon(it's a riff on the Quarterstaff). Does d6 bludgeoning damage on both ends, counts as a two handed weapon for purposes of sundering/disarming/etc(since it is held in two hands) but can be used with Weapon Finesse just fine. You could potentially use Power Attack with it as well, but if you're using Finesse with it, it counts as a Light weapon for the purposes of PA on both ends. If you're using it without Finesse, PA works normally.

The difference between this and the normal staff is purely the Finesse thing. But it requires the Exotic Double prof to use, so I figure that's fine.

Yes, these are quite specifically suggested/designed to let me play the char I want~
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?