News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

[11] Dino Thunder

Started by Merc, May 19, 2010, 06:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Session Start: Sun Mar 07, 2010

<Merc> It's the morning after the slave breakout show has ended, and our heroes have had some nice guilt-free dreams after murdering poor guard Tim and leaving his family without income and a husband/paternal figure. About their main concern is getting out of the town while the getting is good, rather than allowing Aleph and/or Elise get recognized as being involved in the evening's events. After all, they're on a mission from their king!
<Merc> ...this is admittedly made a bit more difficult by the fact that Maya is apparently sick. Symptoms would say she's hung over. The dancing girl would say she's sick. So if they're getting out today, they're going to need to get a wagon or cart for her to travel in.
<Elise> "Maya!" Elise laments to her sober teammates. "See, this is a perfect illustration of the evils of drinking. Now our whole mission might be endangered! Or delayed for a day. But we really should get out of town today."
<Merc> Maya just groans incoherently and drapes the covers over her head, blocking all the sunlight.
<Elise> "Maybe a wheelbarrow would be sufficient," Elise muses.
* Kheldar shakes his head in disaproval at Maya's lack of good judgement. "I have no pity on those who bring this upon themselves. You're coming along girl, whether or not Jack has to carry you slung over his shoulder like a feminine sack of potatoes."
<Aleph> "uh, yeah.  I'd rather get out sooner than later.  I'd be fine with leading her until she's able to move again." Aleph looked over at the ailing Maya
<Elise> "Whatever gets us on the road soonest. Hopefully before that wounded slaver brings more of his vile ilk to look for us."
* Anassia glances towards Maya slightly, before shaking her head slightly. "I didn't think that she drank all that much," she comments softly.
<Kheldar> "Perhaps she simply can't hold her drink. In any case, transporting her poses a problem."
* Kheldar rubs his chin in a thoughtful manner. "Do we have enough funds to buy an old horse or mule?"
<Elise> "Surely we can find a mule or something and tie her to the saddle?"
<Aleph> "Whatever.  Get something."
* Kheldar glances at Elise. "It seems that great minds think alike. Shall one of us procure a beast of burder for our indisposed dancer?"
* Elise nods. "Of course. I can pay for one. Maybe Maya will see fit to pay me back later once she's actually coherent." Elise heads out to buy a cheap pack animal and saddle before the group sets out.
* Aleph asides over to Anassia. "I think you can start doing that creepy smiling you were doing last night to me towards Kheldar now."
<Anassia> "Creepy smiling?" Anassia asks, quirking an eyebow towards Aleph.  "What are you talking about?"
<Aleph> "You know exactly what I'm talking about."
* Kheldar ignores the two and sits down on a chair next to the bed, idly twiddling his thumbs as he waits from word from Elise.
* Anassia is clearly confused by this conversation, shaking her head slightly.
<Aleph> "...on the way to the clothes shop."
* Jack stumbles in with a big goofy grin on his face. His back is covered in scratches, and he has bite marks and small red marks covering his neck and torso. He is still clad only in his tigerprint mankini bottom
<Kheldar> "..."
* Aleph raises an eyebrow. "Don't say a large cat mistook you for a member of its species."
<Kheldar> "I refuse to comment on your no doubt...interesting...conquest. I suggest, however, that clothe yourself. We shall be moving along presently as soon as Elise returns."
* Anassia glances towards Jack as well, frowning slightly. "You look terrible."
<Jack> "Huh? Oh. Yeah. Sure."
* Kheldar does give Jack a quick thumbs up out of sight of the other two, however. "Way to go!" He mouths silently.
<Jack> "This thing." *He tugs the bikini bottom. "Best purchase I've ever made."
* Jack leaves to get dressed. He whistles a happy tune as he goes.
<Aleph> "...that is the most disturbing image ever."
<Kheldar> "I wonder if it comes in white stripes..." Kheldar murmurs quietly.
<Aleph> "Something tells me you'd just drive the crowds out screaming in terror dressed like that." Aleph comments to Kheldar
* Anassia shrugs slightly before glancing to Kheldar. "What, now you want to buy new clothes, too?" It's worth pointing out that she's wearing a tiger-print bikini as well (albiet with the top as well) for anyone who was unaware. And she has green hair. It's Lum-tastic.
<Merc> Shortly after, Elise returns, purchases made. It seems there's not a lot of noise in the street about the events last night, but better safe than sorry, right?
<Aleph> "...hell.  Now I do feel sick."
* Kheldar grunts sourly and stand up when Elise enters the room. "You're back." He states unecessarily. "Good. Let's be off, then."
<Aleph> "Alright, Maya, time to get up." Aleph says, putting an arm around her back
* Elise can only shake her head silently at...whatever's going on with Jack there are no words, and now's the time to hit the road.
<Kheldar> "Do watch where your hands go. Even hung over, I suspect Miss Maya wouldn't take kindly to being...accidentally manhandled."
* Kheldar is visibly reluctant to help.
<Aleph> "Stop acting like you're the only one who knows what they're doing." Aleph rolls his eyes
<Merc> Maya simply flops uselessly, letting the others do all the work and just groaning at worst.
* Anassia does move to help Aleph. No, she's not just making sure that he doesn't 'slip up' and end up concussed. Of course not.
* Aleph then starts to help Maya get up
* Aleph would then, likely aided by Anassia, take her over to where the donkey supposedly is.
<Merc> It takes a bit of work, but eventually they get Maya on the donkey while some of the others clean up and pack stuff and get settled with the inn's owner, leaving everyone ready to leave. "Maps...urgh...in...bag..." Maya points to one of the bags with a few of her things.
* Kheldar shrugs and pats Maya on the shoulder in a comforting manner. "You just leave the rest up to us, my dear. Sleep it off."
* Elise digs around through Maya's possessions for the map in question. Where are they headed next?
* Anassia stretches slightly after Maya is settled in the saddle before gathering up all of her posessions, tying her familiar belt pouch off of her bikini.
* Aleph gathers up all his possessions. Including his bow. Yay for bows.
<Kheldar> Kheldar's eye twitches. "Wouldn't it be wise to perhaps wear something less...revealing? Who knows what kind of depraved miscreants we'll come across?"
<Merc> The safest paths to Vyrdam would probably be following the trade routes through the towns marked...Iledan, then Redwood Post (that sounds somewhat familiar to Elise...didn't that guard mention that town last night?), and finally Kassus. After that, just going through the border into Vyrdam and hoping no trouble at the borders.
<Aleph> "...and you were talking about wearing what half an hour back?"
<Anassia> "What, you don't think I can defend myself?" Anassia asks, glancing over towards Kheldar as she hefts the royally-forged spear.
* Elise looks down at her new outfit. "I know what you mean, Kheldar." Everyone can see her knees now. It's horrifying! Anyway..."I guess we can just follow the main trade route? It's likely to be more secure."
<Aleph> "...except for one problem, Elise."
<Elise> "Hm?"
* Kheldar backtracks a bit hastily. "I'm sure you can, but we wish to attract as little attention as possible, don't we?"
* Kheldar unconciously tests the sword in his scabbard.
<Aleph> "You forgot that two got away the other night.  One of whom might have issued a complaint by now."
<Aleph> "Thus.  I'd prefer we stay off the paths."
* Elise frowns. "Well, what else do you suggest? Just walking through the jungle?"
<Aleph> "Better than the other possibility."
<Kheldar> "That is not a bad idea, Aleph. So long as we stay within reasonable distance of the main roads, we can avoid any...entanglements in the wilderness."
<Kheldar> "It just requires some careful navigation."
<Elise> "I'm not sure if that will be faster or safer, but I suppose it's worth considering if people really are looking for us on the roads."
<Aleph> "And given travel times, there's a guarantee that they will at some point."
<Kheldar> "As the saying goes, 'Better safe than sorry', no?"
* Kheldar tightens a few loose straps on the saddlebags behind Maya.
<Anassia> "Sounds like a plan, then," Anassia says, nodding slightly.  "Let's just hope they don't think the same thing."
<Aleph> "Indeed.  Though even if they were...it's a lot harder to track through jungle."
<Kheldar> "It's decided then. I propose we take the trade routes as Elise did. There is little risk of us getting lost and we can make fairly good time."
<Elise> "If anyone tries to prevent us from completing our mission then we will simply smite them with divine wrath," Elise says confidently.
<Aleph> "...Uh, no."
<Aleph> "We're headed through the jungle."
<Anassia> "Yes, clearly, /more/ violence will solve this problem," Anassia comemnts wryly.
<Jack> "Do we even have the supplies to get through the jungle?"
<Aleph> "I've got some outdoors stuff to start.  Also some knives for troublesome foliage..."
<Anassia> "How hard could it be, anyway?  If it's too much we can always get onto the road easily," Anassia says with a faint shrug.
<Kheldar> "I am adept at living off the land. I can keep us all relatively comfortable and fed."
<Kheldar> "We have the basics needed to survive, I believe."
<Aleph> "Eh, I'm not too bad with roughing it." Aleph shrugs
<Merc> The group continues making a list of anything they'd need to rough it out away from the relatively safer roads before buying anything still missing and then setting out. Thankfully, nobody has stopped to question them as they approach the town's exit, although it seems the slavers' wagons are no longer in town. Perhaps they decided to cut their losses and leave town? Who knows...
<Elise> Elise can only take this as a good sign. Surely they fled in fear of similar punishment!
* Anassia glances around as they set out, attempting to minimize the attention group of armed foreigners would draw.
* Aleph keeps an eye out for anything threatening
* Kheldar is constantly scanning his surroundings, keeping a seemingly casual look out for trouble.
<Merc> The road is pretty calm and trouble free as you initially follow it before the hunter points to a good spot to start moving away from the trail and shouldn't trouble the donkey (or its rider) seriously.
* Kheldar seems to spot a decent place to break away from the trail. He points at a small opening into the jungle on the left side of the road. "There is as good a place as any. Watch your step and *don't* touch anything. Spiders and snakes nest in the unlikeliest of places and I don't want anyone to die from a poisonous bite."
<Aleph> "Don't need to tell me twice." Aleph winces at the thought of dying in such a way.
<Anassia> "Delightful," Anassia murmurs to herself, keeping an eye out for anything that might hide a snake or spider or try to attack her in any other way.
* Elise frowns. "This is even more reason not to wear revealing clothing!" she says, following Kheldar into the jungle and watching for any troublesome creaturs in the undergrowth.
* Kheldar nods. "I always recommend long sleeved shirts and breeches when trekking through the wilderness. For one thing, it helps with the bugs." As if to punctuate his statement, he smacks a loud, buzzing pest out of the air before it can land on his nose.
<Kheldar> "Nasty buggers."
* Aleph whispers to Anassia. "...I'm pretty sure those two would go together FAR better than she and I -ever- would."
* Anassia giggles softly. "I dunno..." she whispers back, glancing over towards Elise. "You two /were/ sharing a room..."
<Merc> Kheldar shows off his expertise in the wilderness as he cuts branches, pads the path and generally makes it fairly easy to traverse, although he does have a point about the bugs. Itchy!
<Aleph> Thrice-damned buzzing abominations
* Anassia slaps at the bugs as well, muttering darkly to herself.
* Kheldar grunts in agreement, trying to resist the urge to curse aloud.
* Maya groans. "Why am I on a donkey?" Her nose crinkled. "A smelly donkey..."  She groaned slowly pulling herself up.
<Aleph> "Elise and Khel's idea."
* Elise focuses on watching for threats as best as she can, though those critters biting at her legs *are* annoying. "Let this be a lesson to you, Maya. Drink too much and you have to ride a foul-smelling animal!"
<Kheldar> "Truer words were never spoken, Elise."
<Merc> The donkey makes a noise and stamps its front leg down repeatedly, as if in protest to Elise's words. No wait, it's just killing a spider.
* Anassia blinks towards Elise at her statement in the midst of trying to murder more evil insects, before shaking her head slightly.
* Kheldar nods in agreement. "In any case, Miss Maya, there is no need to insult the good steed that is bearing you while you are ....ill."
* Kheldar grins slightly.
* Maya eyes the sun. "Noted.  I sense I have the two of you to blame for the necessary early morning departure."  Her purple eyes swam a bit, as she mentally noted to trouble them doubly later.
<Aleph> "Nevermind." he whispers back to Anassia.  "It's as if they're already relatives.  ...and I still don't know why you all decided to room me with Elise to begin with."
<Elise> "We couldn't stay around and wait for you to wake up, Maya. The men that got away might've alerted more of their kind if we waited too long."
<Anassia> "It was good for a laugh," Anassia replies with a shrug.  "And I figured you didn't mind for all the complaining."  She turns toward the... indisposed gypsy.  "It's also why we're romping through the wilderness being eaten alive,"
<Aleph> "...you know how badly the breakout went," he stated to Maya
<Maya> "Yes, I do," Her stare if anything got more unpleasant.
<Jack> "Oh yeah... that was last night, wasn't it."
<Jack> "Woops."
<Aleph> "..."
<Maya> "You can waltz into a group of readied mercenary bandits and free a prince, but you can't manage to take out a skeleton group of...how many?  3 slavers?"  She rubbed her temples, sitting and staying on the donkey, smelly as it was, as it kept her above the biting insects for now at least.
<Merc> Well, the biting insects without wings, at least.
<Aleph> "The client was, needless to say, unusually hard to kill.  And he got away."
<Elise> "There were two of us and at least twice as many of them. We couldn't stop everyone from running. Maybe if Jack had been there instead of doing...*whatever* it was he did last night, it would've been easier."
<Anassia> "What is done is done," Anassia says, shaking her head slightly.  "Perhaps someone should have had a word with the guards,"
<Aleph> "We tried the diplomatic route first, don't get me wrong."
<Maya> "Someone smack jack in the head for getting lost."  Maya insisted simply.
<Anassia> "How large of a bribe?" Anassia asks, curiously.  "You can't truely expect words alone to work."
<Aleph> "Elise, you're closer.  You do it."
* Kheldar sighs, hoping that the bickering doesn't attract any large animals around. He decides it wouldn't be worth the effort to try to stop them.
<Elise> "Getting lost? Is that what happened to Jack last night?" Elise says dubiously. "And...a bribe? It didn't even occur to me to try that. Only corrupt individuals try to bribe others."
<Merc> ooc: spot checks.
<Anassia> "I rest my case," Anassia says with the faintest shake of her head.  "Instead of making a fool of myself, I should have been preventing you from become fugitives..."
<Maya> "No, only corrupt individuals are lured by bribes.  Elise should learn Kopatas," She shook off most of the last of the dregs.
<Maya> roll 1d20+7
<Kheldar> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=4]
<Penuche> Kheldar invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=10]
<Elise> roll 1d20-2 hahaha Elise and wisdom
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=19]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+6
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=2]
<Elise> "Kopatas? What is that? Some foreign religion?"
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=18]
<Jack> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=13]
<Maya> "It's a game of politic tactics I picked up from the north."
<Anassia> "Politic tactics?" Anassia asks, glancing over to Maya.  "Is that what you call what you do?"
<Elise> "I don't know. I've never had much time for games. Why spend so much time on something that doesn't benefit anyone?"
<Aleph> "And that is why you need to loosen up more."
<Elise> "Well, give me a good reason to! Everything I've ever read sayd the opposite, after all."
<Maya> "Not at all," Maya grinned at Anassia. "But it is a good place to learn about how things work in courts and how to get folks to want to do what you want them to do."
<Anassia> "Who needs to learn from a court to do that?" she asks, quirking an eyebrow to Maya.  "It's not exactly /difficult/."  A glance to Elise.  "No offense."
<Aleph> "Because you're missing out on life."
<Maya> "It's a safe place for someone terrible at it to pick up the skill she ignored."
<Merc> Off ahead to their side on the road, the men and Elise can see someone skiddaddle down the well travelled path like demons are on him. Jack and Aleph have the clearest view of him, and can see his uniform is all tattered up and the man is wounded. He looks like one of the slavers' guards from the outfit. Before you can ponder any course of action, the whole place starts to tremble as a roar bellows. (ooc - more)
<Merc> A huge beast appears from up ahead, vegetation trampled as you can only stare in shocked awe at the size of it and it catches up to the guard. "No! Please!" he screams.
<Aleph> "...right.  They may work for bastards, but they're not necessarily bastards themselves.  All in for saving him?"  Aleph draws his bow
<Merc> "Eat him, my pet...Daddy has to vent some frustrations...." a voice coos from up high. It's a bit hard to see anything, but someone is in control of that beast? Seriously?
<Elise> "A monster!" Elise hefts her weapon and rushes forward to engage the beast without a second thought!
<Jack> "Hey Elise, are you really gonna save a slaver?"
<Merc> ooc: ...roll initiative people.
<Aleph> "...well, looks like Elise is well and fine with it."
<Jack> "Didn't you just kill a bunch?"
* Maya eyes the trees and slips onto one and out of view hopefully.  Sometimes a bit of patience is best.
* Anassia is caught by surprise by the beast's abrupt appearance, pausing in her stride and slapping bugs both.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4 initiative
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=14]
<Kheldar> roll 1d20+4 Init Oh god this will not end well.
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Kheldar invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=12]
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=9]
<Elise> roll 1d20+2 now is when the hate starts?
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=18]
<Maya> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=1]
<Jack> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=11]
<Merc> ooc: If you go into the clearing (road), and have knowledge nature, you can try to identify the beast since you'll have a clear view of it, as a free action.
<Merc> roll d20+1
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d20=8]
<Merc> roll d20+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=14]
* Retrieving #truesteel modes...
* Merc changes topic to 'Elise > Guard = Aleph > Kheldar > Jack > Anassia > Beast > Maya'
* Elise races forward. "Humans aren't meant to be food for beasts. Die, foul monster!"
<Elise> roll 1d20+12+2 chargin
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 32 > [d20=18]
<Merc> ooc: ht
<Merc> ooc: hit*
<Elise> roll 2d6+9+4 1/day bonus
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d6=2,3]
<Merc> The creature roars as Elise smashes one of its claws and chips it. "Eh? More guests, you say Tyrant? Well, you can eat them too, just remember to leave some parts for the master to play with!" the voice from atop calls over your heads.
<Merc> The guard looks incredously at Elise and then towards those he spots off in the jungle. He looks like he briefly considers fighting, but those words make him shiver. "What are you, crazy? Run! You can't take on that beast!" With those words, he continues fleeing.
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
<Aleph> Aleph tries to move closer through the brush, partly to see if he can get a glimpse at the voice from atop the big lizard, partly so he can just get a better shot...though he doesn't go out into the road.  Not yet, anyway...
* Kheldar takes one look at the towering monster and agrees with the fleeing man's assessment. "Elise, I suggest WE RETREAT!"
<Aleph> 1d20+9 spot check
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 spot check
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=13]
<Merc> As Aleph tries to get a clear look at the beast's rider, he finds it a bit difficult due to the distance as well as the foliage, but finally gets a peek at a cloaked person as the man pats the beast and peeks at the road at the same time. You can't get a clear view of the face, but you've got a bad feeling...
<Aleph> "..."
<Merc> "Hey...you! I remember you!" The man screeches as he spots Elise. "How dare you harm Tyrant! I'll squish you and your boyfriend too? Where is the jerk? I have a score to settle with him!"
<Elise> "He's not my boyfriend! How dare you defame my good name like that?!"
<Aleph> 'you've got to be kidding me', Aleph thought, as he readied a shot up toward the cloaked man
<Aleph> roll 1d20+10 targeting rider.  Hopefully another ass-shot
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=3]
<Aleph> fuck
<Merc> The arrow simply bounces off the lizard's hide as the man cackles. "Oh, there he is! Tyrant, change of plans! Eat him first! We can worry about your prey later!"
<Merc> ooc: Kheldar
* Kheldar winces at the ineffective arrow strike. With a fluid stroke, he draws his sword and charges the monster, aiming for the soft underbelly of the towering beast!
<Kheldar> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Kheldar invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=18]
<Merc> ooc: hit
<Kheldar> roll 2d6+6 Damage!
<Penuche> Kheldar invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d6=5,4]
<Merc> Kheldar isn't quite able to reach the soft underbelly of the beast, the height would probably require the acrobatics of Maya to reach, but he does cut a fair sized gash on high up on its leg.
<Merc> ooc: Jack
* Jack rushes the beast, drawing his two swords and attempts to sink them into the beast, hoping to climb up to the rider
<Merc> roll d20+4 init for rider
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d20=2]
* Merc changes topic to 'Elise > Guard = Aleph > Kheldar > Jack > Anassia > Beast > Rider > Maya'
<Jack> roll 1d20+9
<Jack> roll 1d20+9
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=6]
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=4]
<Merc> ooc: one hit
<Jack> (jesus fuck)
<Merc> ooc: oh, right, flanking. You can flank with Elise or Khel, so two hits.
<Jack> roll 1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d6=6]
<Jack> roll 1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d6=1]
<Jack> roll 2d6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d6=1,5]
<Jack> roll 2d6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d6=5,2]
<Jack> roll 1d6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d6=5]
<Jack> roll 1d6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d6=5]
<Merc> Jack successfully manages to jump at the beast, digging his blades into the other leg and holding on as he tries to climb his way up the beast one-stab-two-stabs at a time.
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
* Quits: Kheldar (~zephiroth@68-31-70-107.pools.spcsdns.net) (Quit: ( www.nnscript.com :: NoNameScript 4.22 :: www.esnation.com ))
* Anassia moves out onto the road quickly, reaching up to pull the leather cover from the head of the spear, the metal gleaming brightly as she pushes through the underbrush onto the road, fixing her gaze on the beast of terror. She tries to place it in anything that she has read of before lifting her hands, words spilling from her lips as her hands move in highly practiced and complicated sigil, a purple light forming a corona about her be
<Anassia> roll 1d20+11 | Knowledge, Nature
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=7]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+3+3 | DC 10 Casting check
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=18]
<Merc> ooc: Yeah, you know it's a t-rex now. It's main style of attack is to bite stuff, grab onto them with bite, and swallow whole.
<Merc> roll d20+16 fort save
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 34 > [d20=18]
<Merc> The creature seems to not even notice Anassia's attempted magic! But at least she knows what the creature is and can give -some- warning of it's preference of attack (for all the good it does?)
<Anassia> The magic flies from her finger to shatter against the hide of the beast, utterly ineffectually as she shifts her spear.  "...it's going to try and bite!" she calls out, her advice feeling rather... ineffectual.  "Don't get swallowed!"
<Merc> The man cackles. "YES! GET SWALLOWED, MISTER ARCHER! FEAST ON HIS BONES, TYRANT!" he commands as the tyrannosaurus roars and dips its head towards Aleph.
<Merc> roll d20+20
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 39 > [d20=19]
<Merc> roll 3d6+13 This may sting a little and make me consider lowering the swallow damage if you do get swallowed
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d6=3,4,1]
<Aleph> roll 1d3 yeah, like this'll help
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d3=2]
<Merc> roll d20+30 GRAPPLE CHECK!
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 49 > [d20=19]
<Merc> ooc: Yeah, you're grappled. >_>
<Aleph> ooc: why the fuck does penuche despise me
<Merc> The dinosaur simply chomps on Aleph as he picks up the archer between its teeth, preparing to swallow!
<Merc> "Ahahahahaha! Yes! Feast on the archer, my pet!" the madman screams in delight as he pats the beast caringly, rubbing his cheek against its head.
<Merc> ooc: Maya
* Maya has been moving through the trees quietly, building up speed as she lifted up higher into the branches, watching the despairing scene below as she sized up the individual causing all of that craziness.  It was about time to make it a very bad day for him.  She timed it and launched through the air, a spinning blade as she bounced off the back of the t-rex, slashing into the man's back!  OOC:  Jump attack stunt, trying fo
<Maya> roll 1d20+16-6 jump stunt
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=14]
<Maya> roll 1d20+22 go away ac
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 35 > [d20=13]
<Maya> roll 1d20+12 STAB
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=17]
<Merc> roll d20+13 attack counter
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=20]
<Merc> ooc: Anyhow, hit. Like said before, AC 14
<Maya> roll 2d8+6 STABBED IN BACK
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d8=6,1]
<Merc> "Gyah! Wench! How dare you climb above Tyrant's head! I'll see you torn in pieces after the archer!" The man threatens, though he look a bit nervous at Maya being so close and seems to be calculating what to do next.
<Merc> ooc: Elise
<Elise> "Set him down, monster!" Elise raors as she takes another swing at the giant lizard.
<Elise> roll 1d20+12
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=16]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 yeah that hits.
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d6=4,5]
<Merc> This time Elise goes further than a smushed claw! The creature would probably bellow in pain if its mouth weren't full!
<Merc> ooc: Aleph, though you're grappled right now. Want to hold action for Anassia's magic, try to get loose, stab it in the inside of it's mouth with an arrow, etc?
<Aleph> (Hm...half-tempted, since I wouldn't be able to break its grapple worth a shit either way...hold until magic, yeah...and then pull something a bit more violent...)
<Merc> ooc: holding then?
<Aleph> ooc:yeah
<Merc> Kheldar looks at the danger that Aleph is in and decides to enrage/distract the beast and just make concentrating on chewing its upcoming meal a bit harder to do as he raises his sword and jumps to slash at the beast's genitalia! OOC: Handle Animal Inflict Penalty Stunt!
<Merc> roll d20+8 slashy slash
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=16]
<Merc> roll 2d6+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d6=5,2]
<Merc> roll d20+9 hnadle animal stunt check
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=11]
<Merc> roll d20+13 BAC counter!
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=2]
<Merc> The beast howls in agony, it's mouth open wide, allowing Aleph movement (although it's a bit of a fall right now if he were to jump!), as Kheldar cuts into the creature's most critical of regions!
<Merc> ooc: Beast takes -2 to attacks for a round.
<Merc> ooc: Jack
<Merc> ooc: or Aleph if you want to do something while you're not grappled.
* Jack continues his ascent!
<Jack> (what kind of roll for this?)
<Merc> ooc: climb check and then your attack rolls
<Jack> roll 1d20+5
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=13]
<Jack> (please be enough, please be enough, please be enough)
<Aleph> (Well...can I make a jump check and a tumble check to lessen the fall's impact?)
<Jack> roll 1d20+8
<Jack> roll 1d20+8
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=14]
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=7]
<Merc> ooc: jump or tumble. and two hits, Jack
<Merc> ooc: also, keep in mind that you can aim for trees
<Merc> ooc: so it's not as long a fall.
<Jack> roll 2#1d6+6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 10, 12 >
<Jack> roll 2#3d6
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 12, 13 >
<Merc> Jack makes his climb as he slowly stabs his way upward, almost slipping, but stabbing the blade in fast enough to keep himself climbing, even if he didn't get as much height as he would have hoped.
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
<Anassia> It is as Aleph is scooped up into the monster's maw that she realizes how utterly ineffectual her advice was and how ill-heeded by the other members of her party.  However, she is not going to simply allow one of her friends die simply because they are bad at directions! (cont)
<Anassia> She casts an arm to the side, closing her eyes as new words come from her as a font.  A very esoteric font.  A sickly-yellow corona comes into being before she opens her eyes, casting a ray towards Aleph still within his toothy prison.  No warning, naturally.  It's not her style. (cont)
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2+3 (v. 7)
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=6]
<Aleph> (To be fair, I tried to stay in cover.  It didn't work, apparently)
<Anassia> When it strikes him, it gives him an unusual sensation:  The of the world shrinking amongst him.  Thankfully, his modesty is preserved as his equipment grows with him.  Then she turns on the rider, her irises shifting back into the obviously-unnatural shade the color of spilled blood. (cont)
<Anassia> "YOU!" she calls up, clearly seething as she points the spearhead at the man, catching rays of light.  "Call off your beast and we shall allow you to depart with your extremities intact and attached."
<Anassia> Roll 1d20-5+16 Intimidate, I choose you!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 28 > [d20=17]
<Aleph> ooc: Taking my turn now, though.  Now that Anassia has made her monster grow
* Aleph tries to push through the pain of the biting...and the awkwardness of the scale shift...and literally push himself out of the dino's mouth...toward the nearest tree
<Merc> roll d20+13 will save
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=10]
<Aleph> roll d20+12 size-enhanced jump to reduce falling distance
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=9]
<Aleph> roll 2d6 falling damage please don't hurt as bad as the bite
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d6=1,4]
<Aleph> roll 1d3 armor lol
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d3=2]
<Merc> The dinosaur seems enraged as the man shakes, and is roaring as it tries to swallow someone, anyone!
<Merc> roll 1d3 1 Elise, 2 Khel 3 Anassia
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d3=3]
<Merc> It goes for Anassia!
<Merc> roll d20+18
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 36 > [d20=18]
<Merc> roll 3d6+13
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d6=4,5,1]
<Merc> ooc: I'm not even gonna roll grapple
<Elise> OOC: 1 isn't autofail for that? I forget.
<Merc> ooc: oh fine
<Merc> roll d20+30
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 38 > [d20=8]
<Merc> The dinosaur does not seem soothed by the delectable Anassia bite as it grabs her between it's teeth!
<Merc> The rider continues shaking. "I can't control Tyrant any more!" he exclaims. Looking around in a panic, he grasps for his necklace and vanishes with a pop.
<Merc> ooc: Maya
* Jack is now known as Ataru
* Anassia drops her spear in surprise as she feels the teeth of the beast cut through her shoulder, crying out in pain as she feels sticky blood running down her shoulder.
* Maya hears the shriek and acts on instinct, leaping up and catching hold of a branch, flipping around like a trapezee artist to build momentum and then bringing her sword down in a flying stab at the back of the creatures head.  OOC: Attack challenge -6.  Tumble damage challenge, trying for 3 points.
<Maya> roll 1d20+22 tumble to strike
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 32 > [d20=10]
<Merc> roll d20+13 BAC
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=17]
<Maya> roll 1d20+13-6
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=4]
<Merc> Maya's acrobatics usually razzle and dazzle opponents into being easy marks, but the enraged dinosaur has none of it, and Maya's gambit fails.
<Merc> ooc: Elise
<Elise> "Coward!" Elise yells after the departing rider. "When we find you next time, I'm going to crush your head like a melon!" Elise swings away at the great beast's nearest knee.
<Elise> roll 1d20+12+2 1/day bonus
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=17]
<Elise> roll 2d6+9 damage
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d6=6,4]
<Merc> The beast resists roaring, though it trashes wildly, still holding onto its upcoming meal, not wishing to let go as with the first.
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
<Aleph> Aleph took aim from his position in the treetop, before sending two arrows toward the beast.  Revenge on the man could wait.  The giant lizard, on the other hand...
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 attack 1
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 attack 2
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=13]
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=18]
<Merc> ooc: hit, hit
<Aleph> roll 2d6+9 attack 1
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d6=1,1]
<Aleph> roll 2d6+9 attack 2
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d6=6,6]
<Merc> The dinosaur can't help but give a death cry as it falls as an enlarged arrow lodges itself in its throat while another does the same right between it's eyes, stabbing right through it's tiny brain.
<Merc> It starts to titter, then fall forward.
<Merc> ooc: reflex Elise and robo-Khel!
<Elise> roll 1d20+6 oh god
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=4]
<Merc> roll d20+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=10]
<Aleph> "Go to hell.  You'll see your lizard-fucking friend soon enough.  I'll send him a tail as a going-away present, even..." he grins with schadenfreude as the beast goes down...before realizing that it still had Anassia in its jaws--and Elise and Khel in its path...
<Merc> roll 3d6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d6=2,6,5]
<Merc> THUMP! The gigantic dinosaur falls like a rock, almost crushing Kheldar who somehow manages to escape part of it, though Elise gets her legs squished under the heavy dinosaur hide.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.