News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

[14] Send in the Clowns

Started by Merc, May 19, 2010, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Session Start: Sun Apr 18, 2010

<Merc> After the...less than relaxing visit to the hot springs, it's time for the show to commence! Recalling the talk of a troupe of entertainers setting up a show at the outskirts of town, the group all head out to watch. Set up outside the town gates by the road-side, is a gigantic tent, with a large line of people buying tickets and entering. [ooc - more]
<Merc> Once inside, a ring of benches at stacking heights cover the outer ring of the tent, the center serving as the main stage. Taking some empty seats, they and the rest of the audience wait for the show to begin as the seats finish being filled. And then all lights shut off, a whistle of air swirling through the air as balls of light soon start floating around the stage. Swirling, swirling... [ooc - more]
<Merc> The balls of light merge at the center into a pillar of blinding light extending to the skies above, and in a cloud of smoke, a suited masked man with slicked back hair appears, holding a bowing position, his hand extended with a top hat in hand. Bending his body straight,  he taps the hat on his head and welcomes you all. [ooc - more]
<Merc> "Let the show now begin, my dear audience, you are in for a treat!" he states, as various of the townsfolk begin to clap in appreciation at the entrance.
<Merc> ooc: Question, do you desire to fast forward through the show to the climax, where the show truly begins, or have something to watch for a while?
<Maya> OOC: Climax
<Merc> The show proceeds forward smoothly as the first show begins, music trailing inward from outside the tent. A procession of animals begin skipping into the tent in formation as the masked man introduces the dark skinned beast tamer, a voloptous woman whom Aleph cheers strongly for and who appears riding one of the beasts following her introduction, waving too all. [ooc - more]
<Merc> Following her are a pair of twin blonde children jumping around in a daring display of acrobatics that makes Maya want to join in and see who could be most impressive. After that, Elise is the one with the desire to interrupt as the loudmouth from the inn shows up, boisterous and laughing as he displays feats of strength. [ooc - more]
<Merc> More follow, the masked man always introducing the next show, reappearing in some exotic and mysterious fashion, causing members of the audience to clap and laugh at his appearances as much as the shows he introduces. On and on the shows proceed, jugglers, clowns, displays of daring and courage with sharp objects and many more. [ooc - more]
<Merc> Soon, the music seems to switch to a more somber tone, and the mysterious masked man reappears once more, his white faceless mask now displaying a caricature of a crying face. "I am pleased to see you all have enjoyed this show, but all good things must come to an end, I fear," he states, bowing while holding his hat, waiting in silence. [ooc - more]
<Merc> As the audience makes a sound of sadness at the news, he straightens once more, his mask now displaying a painted beaming wide open black smile. "But fear not! For the climax is still to come, and this is where things truly get exciting. Of course, I shall need the help of some patrons...but how shall I decide who to use?" [ooc - more]
<Merc> Taping his finger to the masks lips as various members of the audience clammor loudly volunteering, he flickers his finger upward and exclaims. "I know! Let us leave it to fate!" [ooc - more]
<Merc> Cylinders that had not been noticed in five corners of the stage explode as flares of flame pop out, and begin snaking in aorund the stage, creating a flaming design of a pentagram star. All other lights fade leaving only the flaming pattern to lighten the tent, as the masked man begins to pull his mask off, hidden in the shadows at the center, golden eyes peeking over the frame of the mask.
<Merc> OOC: Will saves everyone.
<Elise> roll 1d20+2 failing will save while I go back and read stuff!
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d20=1]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+6 will save
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=4]
<Merc> roll d20+6 will save robo-Jack
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=20]
<Maya> roll 1d20+4 will saves, my nemesis
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=9]
<Merc> roll d20+5 will save robo-Khel
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d20=12]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+4 Oorah.
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 6 > [d20=2]
<Merc> Everything goes black for everyone, your eyelids fluttering closed. Only Jack and Kheldor seem to be resisting the urge, and perhaps a few others though certainly not their companions. Still, they feel sluggish as they try to stand, as a voice whispers from behind them, "Knew this group was special..." before things too go black for them with a sharp pain in their backs.
<Merc> ***
<Merc> Slowly, things begin to come back to focus as whatever spell was cast begins to vanish. As you open your eyes, you find yourselves just sprawled on the dirt, various bodies around you. In front of you looms a giant black tower as high as the farthest that you all can see, while around it and you are tatters of the tent, broken and fluttering with the wind...and the ruins of a burning town behind you all. [ooc - more]
<Merc> In giant letters scratched on the dirt by a giant wooden door at the base of the tower, is a statement "Enter, enter all ye who dare".
<Maya> "I didn't sign up for being magically drugged," Maya complained, pushing herself up from the dirt, looking around and checking that everyone was still intact.
<Merc> From all the bodies littering the ground around the tower, you can tell various from the audience are missing, and most all the bodies seem to be dead or unconscious, though you cannot tell without checking. Kheldor and Jack from those you know, at least, seem to be unconscious, however.
* Anassia lifts her head slowly, blinking as the world attempts to come into focus. Sitting up slowly, she looks around as the world spins, face paling slightly.
* Maya checks if her gear is still around.
* Aleph sits up groggily, noting his new surroundings and checking himself for his stuff...
* Elise rubs her forehead, groaning, wondering what in God's name just happened. Wait, there are bodies everywhere--those take priority over her own problems! The dead ones, what does it look like they died of?
<Merc> As Elise checks bodies, nobody looks to really be dead, though whatever spell was cast probably still holds them in its grasp, their eyes all rolled into the back of their heads, some even drooling, and just laying there unmoving. Maya finds that her gear is all with her, as do all the others who scramble to check their belongings.
<Aleph> "Okay...I have no idea what's going on here.  Burned town, busted tent, and what the hell is with that tower?"
<Elise> "Some kind of vile magic spell is at work here! We need to find whoever's behind it and make sure they're punished for this outrage!" Elise announces.
<Merc> Anassia, however, finds that her little silent pet is more silent than ever, the pouch in which she hides it holding nothing but inanimate bones just piled together within said pouch. Whatever magic touched the being do not seem active any longer.
<Maya> "It could be part of the show," Maya suggested, staying positive.  "I mean, if they really meant ill, they could've killed us all while we were unconscious or robbed us blind."
* Maya smiles. "Why not assume they're over the top entertainers for now?"
<Elise> "Setting the town on fire is part of the show? I don't think that's the kind of entertainment the local people paid for!"
* Anassia reaches into the pouch to double check, glancing towards the tower. "It's not," she says softly, glancing towards Maya. "Anyone who can do this wouldn't flount they're ability to so many." She reaches out trying to call her bolts to her hand, simply to check that her magic is working.
<Aleph> "Well...I guess our answer's in the tower that they're daring us to enter."
* Maya heads briefly toward the town, the nearest building in fact, just checking whether the building actually is burned down to touch.
<Merc> The tiny bones within just stir between Anassia's fingers, not reacting in any way but to the movement of her fingers.
<Merc> As Maya begins to move away from the tower, the skies darken, and the clouds rumble. Droplets of rain begin to descend, and as Maya moves further away, she finds her body harder to move. "Ah, ah, ah..." a voice seems to whisper silkily in her ear, sounding much like the masked announcer. "Don't go spoiling my game, my dear..."
<Merc> ooc: fort save if you wish to try to push forward.
* Elise looks at the tower, and the sign out front. "Hmph. It's like someone's toying with us. No one playing with other people's lives for their own amusement could be a good person! I'm going to find them and hit them until they stop." Elise walks towards the entrance to the tower.
<Aleph> "...well," Aleph looks over to Anassia, "Might as well make sure she doesn't get in trouble..."
* Anassia relaxes her hand, the crackling energy vanishing. She glances back to Aleph, before nodding. "It looks like that is the only direction they want us to go."
<Merc> ooc: Note, you didn't hear the whisper that Maya did.
<Maya> "Alright, alright," She backed away.  "Yeah, why don't we go with the tower.  But, Elise?  Don't hit them until they explain, okay?"
* Maya didn't want to have another entertainer killed because they crossed Elise.  She was now more sure than ever that her eyes were being fooled.
* Maya walks toward the tower getting back with the others.
<Elise> "I'll give them five seconds," Elise promises. "If I'm not happy then, smiting is going to happen." Elise pushes at the wooden door. Unlocked?
<Maya> "Now, now, can you even give a good reason in five seconds?" Maya pouted at her friend.
<Elise> "They'd better try!"
* Anassia glances towards Elise. "I don't think I can give any reasons for anything in five seconds..."
<Merc> The rain does not abate as they step towards the tower, though the pressure Maya felt slowing her body does as she moves back towards it. The door itself does not react to Elise's push, seeming only just a bland thick wooden door, if quite large, large enough that a giant could step through even. The only things of note are a pair of golden rings serving as knockers.
<Aleph> "Especially not with Maya threatening to crush my head in"
* Maya tries knocking with the knockers.
<Aleph> *Elise
<Merc> "Knock knock!" a childish voice calls out. "Who's there...?" whispers another similar voice, if slightly higher in pitch. Both voices giggle after that.
<Elise> "Justice is here! Open up before it knocks the door down!"
<Anassia> "I admit I'm curious why anyone would do this, personally.  It's hardly inconspicuous." she murmurs softly, glancing around again.
<Aleph> "Moyamoya...this seems like a rather childish game they're playing here so far..."
<Merc> "Justice?" the deeper voice asks in a puzzled tone. "Justice who?" the lighter one asks immediately after. Again, both voices giggle as they sing song out in loud exclamation, "Just us poor beggars fighting for entry!" Moans cry out as the bodies around you begin to shake, groaning as they stumble steadily up, the soft splatter of rain hitting their sluggish bodies.
<Merc> Even Kheldor's and Jack's bodies seem to stand, their eyelids fluttering in the rain, though showing no sign of life outside of the shambling movement, as weapons are drawn from a number of the bodies, others simply shambling towards the door.
<Merc> ooc: Init
<Maya> "Elise, I think if you encourage fighting, they'll oblige!" Maya frowned.
<Elise> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d20=3]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+4 initiative
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=4]
<Merc> roll d20+4 Khel
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=18]
<Merc> roll d20+4 Jack
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=16]
<Maya> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d20=6]
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d20+2 Bodies
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=14]
* Retrieving #truesteel modes...
* Merc changes topic to 'Robo-Khel > Robo-Jack > Robo-Bodies > Anassia > Maya > Aleph > Elise'
<Merc> roll d4 1=An, 2=Ma, 3=Al, 4=El
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d4=3]
<Merc> Kheldor's body seems to lose some of its sluggish qualities as it begins to dash towards Aleph, his blade glistening in the rain, slashing at the archer as he finishes his charge.
<Merc> roll d20+10
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=15]
<Merc> roll 2d6+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d6=1,2]
<Aleph> roll 1d3 armor
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d3=3]
<Aleph> "Oh, that's it, jackass." Aleph winces as he gets attacked by the guard with the condition of having a stick perpetually up his ass...
<Merc> roll d4 1=An, 2=Ma, 3=Al, 4=El
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d4=1]
<Merc> Jack similarly loses the sluggish movements in his feet as he too dashes towards the group, though unlike the normal Jack who tends to take advantage of a distracted opponent, he heads not towards Aleph, but towards the caster, as his shortswords flash in front of his chest before parting as he reaches the girl.
<Merc> roll d20+8
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 15 > [d20=7]
<Merc> roll 1d6+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d6=1]
<Merc> roll d4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 4 > [d4=4]
<Merc> roll 3d6 sneak attack
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d6=1,4,4]
<Merc> The rest of the bodies, however, all swarm towards Elise, as they attempt to grab her and bring her down, their hands all flittering through the air as they moan and groan, pawing at her body.
<Merc> ooc: Grapple check
<Merc> roll d20+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=20]
<Merc> ooc: ...Penuche hates you guys
<Elise> roll 1d20+9 grapple is BAB + STR, right? I don't fail at those.
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=2]
<Merc> roll d3+4 constrict damage
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d3=3]
<Elise> roll 1d3
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d3=2]
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
<Merc> Elise is grabbed by the mob of bodies, swarmed as they restrict her actions, in painful fashion.
* Anassia winces as she feels the blade cut across her exposed skin, recoiling momentarily from the pain before straightening, her eyes shifting in color to match her blood. "You can't expect that to stop me, do you?" she asks, sneering slightly. (Move action to grant +3 to AC; although doesn't apply to fear-immune, followed by an intimidate on my attacker.)
<Anassia> roll 1d20+16-5 Scary half-naked girl!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=3]
<Merc> None of those attacking seem to react to Anassia's frightful presence, not even Jack. Whatever is powering them doesn't mean the light is on up there for any of them. They seem to be acting like...puppets or some such.
<Merc> ooc: Maya
<Maya> "Isn't this a bit violent?" Maya picked up speed, moving back and around the approaching horde, sizing them up a bit before leaping up, kicking from head to head as she ran over the horde and leaped near Anassia, delivering a spinning strike with the flat of her blade toward the puppetlike Jack.
<Maya> roll 1d20+22-4 attack stunt
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 35 > [d20=17]
<Maya> roll 1d20+12-2+3+2+1
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=13]
<Maya> roll 2d8+6 I hit in any case, non-lethal
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d8=4,6]
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
<Merc> Maya's strike seems to knock the wind out of the puppet Jack, as he almost bends over from the blunt force, though he still remains standing in a somewhat unnatural pose.
* Aleph tries to flip back from the guard, getting just far enough that he can't sneak in a shot, but close enough that he won't just charge in...though getting closer to Jack all the same
<Aleph> roll 1d20+12 Tumble
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=14]
* Aleph then nocks an arrow in his bow, firing a single shot at Jack. Lethality be damned right now, he's hard enough to hit.
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=20]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11 confirmation
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 22 > [d20=11]
<Merc> ooc: crit
<Aleph> roll 3d8+27
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 42 > [d8=2,6,7]
<Merc> As the arrow blasts through the air, it impacts...against some sort of force, as the air shimmers golden around the point where the arrow would impact before shattering, shards of golden glass falling around Jack's body. The arrow's force is not to be denied and forces it's way further, entering Jack's chest, and embedding itself in it as his body slumps to the ground again.
<Merc> ooc: Elise
<Merc> "Ooooh..." twin voices cry out in wonder in chorus as Jack falls.
<Elise> OOC: SO I guess I need to get ungrappled. What roll do I make for that? Not been involved with grappling much.
<Merc> ooc: grapple check to get out of a grapple
<Merc> ooc: so strength check
* Elise struggles to throw the villagers off of her!
<Elise> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=14]
<Elise> OOC: Er, +5.
<Merc> roll d20+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=17]
<Merc> The bodies continue to keep Elise in her grasp, as she tries to punch and kick her way free.
<Merc> roll d4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d4=1]
<Merc> Kheldor, meanwhile, turns to face Anassia as Aleph leaves him planted alone, and he charges towards her. OOC - Maya, you get an AoO against him.
* Maya twirls, slamming her hefty sword into his skull as well
<Maya> roll 1d20+12-4 (Add 2 if flank
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 9 > [d20=1]
<Merc> ooc: balance check
<Maya> roll 1d20+13
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=3]
<Merc> Maya's attempt to stop Kheldor's charge does not take in consideration the rain having started to muddy up the ground, and her swing goes a bit wilder than normal as she almost loses her balance. Thankfully, she manages to hold herself upright, though her sword still swung way above the guard's head as he finishes his charge towards the arcanist.
<Merc> roll d20+8
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=11]
<Merc> roll 2d6+6
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d6=1,3]
<Merc> roll d4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d4=2]
<Merc> As Kheldor adds to the cuts decorating Anassia's body, the mob of bodies begin to shamble towards Maya, dragging Elise along with them, doing some damage as they drag her, but presenting her another chance to break free.
<Merc> roll d3+4 constrict
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d3=3]
<Merc> ooc: roll your armor, then another grapple
<Elise> roll 1d3 armor
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d3=1]
<Elise> roll 1d20+5 strength
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 20 > [d20=15]
<Merc> roll d20+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=8]
<Merc> Elise manages to shake herself lose as they shamble straight into Maya!
<Merc> roll d20+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=7]
<Merc> ooc: Maya, grapple check, dear
<Maya> OOC: Noooo
<Maya> roll 1d20+3
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 21 > [d20=18]
<Merc> Maya manages to swat off grasping hands! Practice from autograph seekers comes in handy!
<Merc> ooc: Anassia
* Merc changes topic to 'Robo-Khel > Robo-Bodies > Anassia > Maya > Aleph > Elise'
* Anassia takes a step back (5' that shit up, preferably away from all of the hungry hungry zombies), clutching at her new wound with a wince. "Dammit..." she mutters under her breath, before lifting her hands, both still stained with her own blood, lifting her hands an calling onto her power, flickering yellow lights dancing between them...
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2+2 V. DC 7
<Penuche> Navilee invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=14]
<Anassia> ...before the lights move off to Elise, swirling about her and casting their sickly yellow illumination around her, only beginning to fade once her form begins to grow, her already-large hammer growing accordingly!  ((+2 STR, Elise, and you get reach! ))
* Maya dances around the groping hands, her time as a popular entertainer serving her well as she twirled around Kheldar, bringing her blade solidly atop the back of his head.
<Maya> roll 1d20+22-6 tumble accuracy
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 36 > [d20=20]
<Maya> roll 1d20+12+4-4+2
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=15]
<Maya> roll 2d8+6 Nighty Night Khel.
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d8=2,8]
* Merc changes topic to 'Robo-Khel >Jack > Robo-Bodies > Anassia > Maya > Aleph > Elise'
<Merc> AS Maya conks Khel hard on his head, Aleph is up to act now.
* Jack starts coughing up blood "What the hell?!"
* Merc changes topic to 'Robo-Khel > Robo-Bodies > Anassia > Maya > Jack > Aleph > Elise'
<Merc> Jack seems to be free of whatever puppet magic was controlling him!
<Jack> "Why am I bleeding? What the hell is going on?"
* Jack starts limping away from the action
<Merc> "Oooh, another one enters the game!" two voices sing-song before giggling as Jack limps away from the tower entrance, where all are gathered.
<Merc> ooc: Aleph's turn
<Elise> "Jack, you're back to normal?" the huge Elise cries out. "Get over here and help us put down the rest of these people!"
* Aleph takes aim at Kheldar, launching two shots simultaneously. He always was annoying, but he already got thwacked. He might as well just bring up the pain to Khel to put him out of his puppeted misery. He looked a bit addled already, so he shouldn't die from this. Hopefully...
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 shot 1
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 13 > [d20=4]
<Aleph> roll 1d20+9 shot 2
<Jack> "Howabout this, I'll help WHEN I'M NOT COUGHING UP BLOOD. AH FUCK."
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=5]
* Jack grabs his side in pain... which seems to have an arrow in it
<Merc> Both arrows simply seem to bounce off Kheldar's body, lacking the piercing power of his shot against Jack.
<Elise> "Don't you swear at me, Jack! And Kheldar! Leave Anassia alone!" Hoping to thwack the guard back to his senses, Elise stampedes across the field towards Kheldar!
<Elise> roll 1d20+12+1+2 (STR boost/charging)
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=11]
<Elise> roll 3d6+11 damage
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d6=4,1,1]
<Merc> As with Jack, a shield of golden glass shatters around Kheldar's body as Elise plays whack-a-mole and smashes Kheldar into the ground, where his body remains quiet.
* Merc changes topic to 'Robo-Bodies > Anassia > Maya > Jack > Aleph > Elise'
<Merc> roll d4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d4=2]
<Merc> The crowd decides as Elise does her deed to continue harassing Maya, as if unsatisfied with her earlier escape
<Merc> roll d20+4 grapple
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 14 > [d20=10]
<Merc> ooc: Maaaaaya, counter the groping hands!
<Maya> roll 1d20+3 good luck~
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 8 > [d20=5]
<Merc> No such luck this time! Their persistance pays off as they drag Maya inside their midst, groping at her body, touching it in unwanted places as they push and pull in painful fashion!
<Merc> roll d3+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 5 > [d3=1]
<Merc> ooc: armor if you have it
<Merc> ooc: Also, ANassia, you're up again
<Maya> roll 1d1 DR :P
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 1 > [d1=1]
<Maya> -
<Maya> "Alright, alright, this is going way overboard here," Maya screeched as she tried to get out ineffectually from the mob.
* Anassia glances over towards Jack momentarily as he crawls, for the time being, out of harm's way, before looking back to Maya as she is pulled within the mass of throbbing flesh. Lifting her hands again, she begins to chant yet again, the sickly yellow lights coming into existance between them again...
<Anassia> roll 1d20+2+2 v. DC 7
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 23 > [d20=19]
<Anassia> ...Before Maya learns the joy that is towering over one's foes!  +2 STR, +1 weapon's size, 10' reach.  As Elise.  One minute.  9 rounds remaining for Elise.
<Merc> ooc: Maya your turn to try and flee~!
<Merc> ooc: Remember, your boobs have powered up!
<Maya> roll 1d20+4
<Penuche> Maya invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=12]
<Merc> roll d20+4
<Penuche> Merc invokes Penuche's magic: < 12 > [d20=8]
* Maya finds her flailings getting more effective, the obnoxious hands seeming small and fragile as she leaped out of the horde, wondeirng at the strange warmth running up and down her body, but focusing on getting some distance first.
<Merc> Giant Maya breaks free! Although there does seem to be a few members still grasping at her giant boobs...no, she flung those off too.
<Merc> ooc: Jack
* Jack keeps limping away, he seems to be bleeding quite a bit
<Merc> Jack continues to move away from the tower, but eventually finds the same difficulty that Maya did when she tried to move away, finding his body moving more sluggish, and getting the same whisper she did. "Ah, ah, ah..." a voice seems to whisper silkily in his ear, echoing the statement and tone Maya had heard. "Don't go spoiling my game, my dear..."
<Merc> ooc: fort save if you wish to keep moving onward
<Jack> roll 1d20+3
<Penuche> Jack invokes Penuche's magic: < 19 > [d20=16]
* Maya brushes herself off. "Damn puppets, at least they didn't leave any bruises."
<Merc> Jack decides to ignore the voice and forces his body to move against whatver tries to hold him back! Against all odds, he seems to slowly be inching his way forward though...
<Jack> "Blow me."
<Merc> ooc: Aleph
* Aleph tries not to be overly distracted at this point by the massive moving mammaries, instead taking aim at the crowd, firing a single arrow into it...
<Maya> "Wow things look different from here," She caught on that that Anassia must've cast something on her, glancing back at the mage and the equally oversized Elise.  "Can you take them out Elise?"
<Elise> "Hitting Kheldar worked. I'll just hit them until they're not possessed anymore too!"
<Aleph> roll 1d20+11 attack
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 30 > [d20=19]
<Aleph> roll 1d8+9 damage
<Penuche> Aleph invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d8=8]
<Merc> The arrow flies towards the controlled crowd, and as it impacts one of its members, it does not pierce his body, but probably does damage to whatever the field controlling Kheldar and Jack was.
* Elise attempts to bludgeon the crowd into submission, hoping that mysterious magical field takes the brunt of the attack.
<Elise> roll 1d20+12+1
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 31 > [d20=18]
<Elise> roll 3d6+11 nonlethal
<Penuche> Elise invokes Penuche's magic: < 17 > [d6=2,1,3]
<Maya> "That works for me, just as long as I don't have to go close to them again."
<Merc> The shield shatters, though Elise holds off on her strike before it smashes bodies into paste. You can hear a snapping noise as the twins cry out "Aww, so close, I was expecting a splatter!" before the door lights up and swings open, revealing the child acrobats from the circus standing there smiling. "Well, miss justice, you get to see just us! ...Not!" they giggle once more as they start cartwheeling deeper inside, vanishing from sight.
* Merc changes topic to ''
* Anassia continues moving towards Jack, wincing at her own wounds... although she mutters darkly when the door opens.
<Elise> "Hey! HEY, get back here you little monsters!" Elise calls after the twins. Making sure no one got killed in the fight takes priority over chasing them, though. She takes a moment to look over the crowd and confirm no one was seriously hurt.
<Maya> "Shall we go after them?" Maya leaned on top of Anassia.  "I think it might be better if Anassia and Jack get a chance to catch their breath."
<Aleph> "Everyone alright?"
<Aleph> "..."
<Elise> "I'm not hurt badly. I'm just very, VERY angry."
* Aleph then remembers that he is looking at what is arguably two of the largest pairs of boobs he'll probably ever see.
<Aleph> ...and a trickle of blood runs down his nostrils as he looks back and forth between the two
<Maya> "Aleph, did you get hit?" Maya eyed.
* Jack starts limping back towards the party
<Jack> "Can someone please tell me why I woke up hurt and with an ARROW STUCK IN ME?"
* Jack glares at Aleph
<Elise> "Because you were trying to kill Anassia! You don't remember any of that?"
<Aleph> "I don't think he did, Elise."
<Maya> "They are way over the top...and probably will cause more of a mess if we don't play along."
<Aleph> "Anyway, you were walking around like all of those others.  And trying to stab Anassia."
<Aleph> "...and succeeding.  So I tried to stop you with an arrow.  ...unfortunately, I shot a bit too well."
<Anassia> "Hold still," Anassia snaps to Jack slightly, more esoteric noises that don't quite resembled words falling from her lips, a deep purple light surrounding her hand, which she places on his shoulder.
<Elise> "I'm not going to play along when their idea of fun is to make us fight each other, Maya. I'm going to find them and bash their heads together until they stop!"
<Anassia> roll 1d20+3+2 v. DC 11 Oh god if this fails.
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 18 > [d20=13]
<Anassia> The purple light pulsed momentarily, before moving to surround his wounds, the flesh and muscle working momentarily to heal the damage... even if it can't heal the lot of it.
<Anassia> roll 3d8 Healing!
<Penuche> Anassia invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d8=3,6,7]
<Maya> "While I agree with that...I mean, we shouldn't try and escape.  They might do more harm to the others left behind," She thumbed at the crowd, standing up off of anassia. "Thanks for the help, Anassia."
<Aleph> "Anyway, yeah, I got hit as well.  But we need to hurry, most likely.  Who knows what they'll come up with next if we wait too long..."
<Jack> "I'm starting to wonder if the gods are conspiring against us."
<Jack> "I mean, what're the odds of us constantly running inna trouble like this?"
<Elise> "God doesn't conspire against people," Elise says with total self-assurance. "Except when they're evil."
<Maya> "Pretty good," Maya smirked.  "Elise and I can take the front.  Let's head in, but carefully.  Don't lose your cool.  They're playing dangerous tricks on us."
<Anassia> "Obviously good enough," Anassia says, glancing slightly over to Elise.  "And obviously he does."
* Maya sways through the door, taking a look around.
<Elise> "If you want to have a theological discussion, we can do it later," Elise says in response. "Right now, there are people that need to be beaten with a hammer." She walks to the door alongside Maya, looking in.
<Merc> As Maya enters through the door, a panel of blue light flashes between the doorway! As she finishes crossing through...her injuries vanish? So do Elise's as she follows.
* Jack limps his ass through the door
<Merc> Jack also feels the rest of his injuries vanish as does the arrow that was piercing his body!
<Maya> "But not killed," Maya looked serious about that as she looked around.
* Aleph enters the door as well.
<Merc> The inside of the tower's entrance seems quite dark, most of the light coming from the entry and from further in, what looks like a set of three circles of light.
* Anassia follows as well, offering a faint scowl to the doorway as she passes through. "I don't like this place," she comments.
<Merc> As Anassia enters, the door shuts behind her, a clicking noise as they're thrust into darkness, though at least all their injuries are gone.
<Elise> "I feel better," Elise says, looking around. "Everyone else, too? I think this only makes these people look worse. This way, they can watch other people kill each other over and over. They're just sick!"
<Aleph> "There's something very, very weird about this..."
<Maya> "Only one thing, Aleph?" She glanced down at him, walking toward the lights.
<Anassia> "No, really?" Anassia asks, looking towards Aleph slightly.  "I don't think I am going to reccomend these entertainers."
* Elise takes the lead, walking towards the lights.
<Aleph> "I want my money back."
<Anassia> "I want to punch whoever set this up."
<Elise> "We will, Anassia. Just you wait."
<Merc> As Maya approaches, she notes the glowing circles are atop a set of three pedestals. The only light in the darkened room is from those circles, each circle showing a different image. The first pedestal has within the circle the image of beasts around the border, each feasting on the next's tail. The second one shows the image of a bear with a bow and a ball at its side. The last shows the image of a mountain.
<Merc> ooc: bow -> bowtie*
<Maya> "A bear with a bowtie?" Maya touched the light in confusion, walking closer a bit to that very odd sight.
* Aleph approached the three lights. "...this is some sort of sadistic performer-themed game they're forcing us into."
* Elise wanders towards the ring of monsters, taking a close look at the image but not touching anything.
<Merc> The image of the bear really does look quite cuddly, especially with that bowtie.
<Maya> "Have you ever seen such an odd sight?  They put a bowtie on that bear."
<Anassia> "What?" Anassia asks, moving foward to the pedistals.  "Why would they do that?"
<Elise> "Maybe they thought it was funny. I wonder how they did it without getting killed. Bears are fearsome creatures!"
<Merc> A few seconds after Maya touches the image of the center pedestal, the lights brighten as Maya vanishes!
<Jack> "..."
<Anassia> "..."  Anassia says, looking at where Maya was.  "Um..."
<Elise> "Maya!" Elise says in surprise. "We shouldn't separate. Come on, after her!" Elise touches the circle as well.
<Jack> "New rule, from now on, when invading someone's magical tower, we keep our hands to ourselves."
<Aleph> "I'm all for the look but don't touch rule when it comes to glowy things, anyway."
<Anassia> "Yeah, I don't touch things that are glowing, in general.  Call it a personal rule."
<Merc> Elise also vanishes!
<Aleph> "...anyway, I'd rather go in after those two." he looks over at the vanished girls
* Jack sighs
* Jack walks over and touches the bear
* Aleph touches the bear as well
<Anassia> "Dammit," Anassia says, following the others to touch this mystery horror-bear
<Merc> As they all proceed to touch the pedestal and vanish, Maya finds herself a bit dazed as the room around her seems to change, and she's all alone. This is brief as the others appear around her, and familiar voices begin giggling. "We knew it~! We knew it~! They came to play with us first~!" the twin voices sing-songed as light flooded the room, a vast room filled with oversized toys.
<Merc> Stuffed dolls of animals, balls, wooden cubes and various other things all of them recognized, and some they did not.
<Merc> The source of the voices are not in sight, however, giggling heard echoing all around the room
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.