Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

That's fine, I just figured I'd offer since I as far as I could recall, I was the only one that couldn't do saturdays and I was free this saturday. Have fun with your baseball or football game or whatever it was. =p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

It's not happening any which way. DMing on 3.5 hours of sleep is a poor idea.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Next week reminder: Eb falls back for the end of DST, so he'll be here an hour later. This means we'll start later on Mon/Fri and slightly late Tuesday and Thursday. After that week the US falls back and we're all back in sync.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

For everyone's benefit and for keeping track. Things that don't need to happen and can be assumed to occur offscreen are noted as being optional, do these if you have interest in them and RPing with the people in question.

Plot hook roundup:

1. Lunatics hold monthly festivals at the full moon that often descend into wild parties. Go to the next one and have fun!
2. A werewolf is active in the western baronies. Do anything about it?
3. Go back and finish exploring the cave Gweonryn ran off to.
4. Spend time helping Sylvie learn martial arts and other things. (Optional)

Missing any so far?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Well, there's also the three that we just picked up, obviously. The roc feathers, the live troll, and the crazy inventor.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on October 30, 2010, 04:59:45 PM
Well, there's also the three that we just picked up, obviously. The roc feathers, the live troll, and the crazy inventor.

Yeah, I'm aware. I figure that these are going to be discussed more OOC and IC coming up, so I haven't added them yet.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I don't have any particular interest in exploring the cave, though I don't have any objections to it, either, if others want to do it.

Let's talk to the Guard about the werewolf some time, and see what, if anything, we can do to help. We can go for this char after meeting the tinkerer and going after the troll, perhaps?

Sylvie time and monthly Lunatic revel are fun and you should have us do it whenever appropriate, I bet it'd be fun IC. Although the first is probably not as fun as a group, so maybe during those times we split up, and we can take turns with the teaching?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

I'm slightly curious about that one door in the place we found Gweonryn, but not enough that I'll go if nobody else is interested.

I don't really care about the Lunatics festival thing, but I'll follow along if/when it happens.

I like Sylvie time, so I like seeing it stick around IC.

The werewolf thing could be interesting to do something about, but we probably do need to talk to the Guard about it first and seeing what's going to get done there if we don't involve ourselves.

Anastasia

Todo list for the next downday I have that I don't mind spending on DM stuff:

1. Update places/NPCs topic.
2. Bug Merc about maps.
3. Bug Yuth about stats.
4. Update house rules with odds and ends rulings.

Bonus misc query: Cor, when did you become a mod of the old Balmuria board?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I am? Pretty sure that only goes for the two log boards there.

Merc

I'll finish map stuff once I finish my two class project assignments. Worst case, I'll work on it in two weeks, after they're due.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on November 13, 2010, 03:57:32 AM
Todo list for the next downday I have that I don't mind spending on DM stuff:

1. Update places/NPCs topic.
2. Bug Merc about maps.
3. Bug Yuth about stats.
4. Update house rules with odds and ends rulings.

Bonus misc query: Cor, when did you become a mod of the old Balmuria board?

1. Made progress on 1, will drive it home tonight and tomorrow. Did 2, need to do 3. 4 is last I think.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sylvie's level up is finished. I also did Noel/Branna, including fitting feats for how they've been so far.  Added a house rule for favored souls; I meant to add this earlier as I use it in planar, but it slipped through the cracks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sheet audits! Some of this may be stuff you haven't finished updating yet. If it is, feel free to say so. I'm noting anything that catches my eye.

Merc:

- You're using the houseruled toughness and not the SRD standard one, right? Just making sure.
- What ten class skills did you select as class skills for human paragon? Bear in mind they're set in stone once you take the first level in it.
- Perform(Oratory) is 7/+10, when it should be 7/+11. Gather information is likewise short by 1, looks like you forgot to apply the bump in your charisma modifier to every skill.
- You returned the Silver Longsword, remove it from your sheet.
- You get Turn Undead this level, make sure you understand how the houseruled version works. Your turn level is still your paladin level-3.
- Paladin spellcasting starts at level 4 and is purely charisma based(see house rule); but you don't have anything listed there yet.

Eb:

- When you list skirmish in special attacks, make sure it notes the base skirmish is +2d6/+1 AC as well as the improved skirmish value.  This one constantly trips me up.
- You won the award for least amount of things I can comment on. Congratulations!

Yuth:

- Please divide your gestalt class list by level. I don't want to see this: Fighter 2/Monk 4/Psychic Warrior 2, but instead something like monk 4//fighter 2/psychic warrior 2. Keep the sides straight.
- What's your grapple mod? I don't see it anywhere.
- You have six power points. Could you run me through how you calculate that? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I want a demonstration of how the math works.
- Psionic Fist adds 2d6 to your melee attack. Does it mean one attack, a full attack, a round of attacks or what? It's not specific.

Cor:

- Link me to acolyte or initiate or whatever it is of spirituality? I think I approved the second one in the chain already anyway, but I forgot to save the link.
- Code of Conduct looks good. I need to read it and have Ilmater's dogma open to compare it to, but it all feels right.
- Related to the code, how do you feel about the troll? Do you feel it's bondage is fair or should your defense of the oppressed reach even to it? This isn't a OMG MAKE THE PALADIN FALL thing, so don't worry. Just curious.

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

-You did, yes. The whole tree, in fact, as far as I recall (although the fourth, as written, is epic so it's fairly irrelevant). http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/3.5e_Exalted_Feats
You had me change 'attack action' to 'standard action' with initiate, so I followed it with acolyte as well.

-Cool. The idea was to go with the general concept of compassion, but not be solely all about Ilmater. It shouldn't counter anything he preaches, though it likely branches out more from how he tends to be.

-The code applies to sentients by necessity (well, self-aware sentients would be a better way of putting it). True, I wouldn't support animal cruelty, but I don't condemn keeping pets chained down or slaughtering animals for food. I didn't find the troll's restraints or what I thought of its future as a particularly cruel and unusual punishment. I'm not particularly intelligent, so like with the bearded devil about which I did not know IC, as long as I made a proper inquiry with people I see as (better) authorities on the subject I don't think my actions are wrong. The CoC is very much about informed actions crossing it. If Ilmater thinks I need to be more observant or ask more knowledgeable people, I would welcome his input and follow his guidance. Specifically, on trolls, SRD lists them at 6 int which is fairly borderline; I was told the giants keep them as pets, and it did not seem to understand Janson or make any attempt to communicate. I'd look at it as similar to a chained bear. My reaction might be different if the troll's higher intelligence were made obvious in any way, or if someone pointed out that studying the troll would likely be from cutting it up into pieces and that it would be fully aware of this.