News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Chameleon is lots of fun, if you can be bothered going to the trouble of setting up her spellsets for its divine/arcane casting. If that appeals to you then by all means go nuts.

Anastasia

Rejiggered Sylvie's skill ranks a bit. Both Master of Masks and Chameleon need Bluff and Disguise ranks, so I got those in order since she's still in rebuild mode right now.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Moved Brent and Olan over to the Well of Souls. They ain't dead, but odds are they're not likely to show up much now, either. Or will they? Anyway, it's mostly just a administrative move.

Aaeru, question about Neveril. While she's not strictly speaking VoP, she doesn't seem to have any possessions. Do you care about her getting possessions or should she look into VoP as well? I distinctly don't care either way, VoP or gear can work fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I kinda like being unique with VoP, to be honest. Possessions-wise, I think it would be fine as long as they were to boost her (bardic-themed or stat boosters or what not) and not some loophole to give me stuff via items (like give extra attack 1/day to someone). Stuff like that unicorn pendant, for example, is neat. Stuff that heals people but only those who are also Good (wink, wink) feels too tailored to me. Do I make sense here?

Anyway, it really is up to her. If she doesn't like items, then she doesn't like items, case closed. If she wants stuff, then she has stuff. She's her own person. If she genuinely has no preference, go ahead and give her some items and see how it works out for her? She can always take the Vow later and it makes sense, whereas if she has the Vow and gets out of it for items it feels terribly cheesy.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 19, 2011, 12:51:31 PM
I kinda like being unique with VoP, to be honest. Possessions-wise, I think it would be fine as long as they were to boost her (bardic-themed or stat boosters or what not) and not some loophole to give me stuff via items (like give extra attack 1/day to someone). Stuff like that unicorn pendant, for example, is neat. Stuff that heals people but only those who are also Good (wink, wink) feels too tailored to me. Do I make sense here?

Anyway, it really is up to her. If she doesn't like items, then she doesn't like items, case closed. If she wants stuff, then she has stuff. She's her own person. If she genuinely has no preference, go ahead and give her some items and see how it works out for her? She can always take the Vow later and it makes sense, whereas if she has the Vow and gets out of it for items it feels terribly cheesy.

Items then, at least for now. We'll see how that goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Added charming the blade to house rules. It's a modified version of charming the arrow from here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030815a

I just love the image of Senaril 'charming' her weapons into hitting.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

What's on your agenda coming up, Janson?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Talk to Lysanne for her advice on buying property and hiring servants in Balmuria.

Get to know Sylvie's family (given her mom has no name and her son is likely just figuring out sentences, this doesn't necessarily have to be RP'd).

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 19, 2011, 05:13:04 PM
Talk to Lysanne for her advice on buying property and hiring servants in Balmuria.

Get to know Sylvie's family (given her mom has no name and her son is likely just figuring out sentences, this doesn't necessarily have to be RP'd).

I'd like to at least touch on them RPwise.

I have a few things of my own, we'll see how they work out tomorrow.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Dear Josa,

Swift Gale makes everyone equal partners and pays people a monthly retainer of 100 marks. It sounds very reasonable, and many orphans would be excited to see you adopt this business model.

Sincerely,
Aaeru

P.S.
Someone helped me write this.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Considering he takes fully half of everything...I think that's fair.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Chameleon House Rule:

When selecting a spell from the various arcane and divine class lists, the level of the spell on the most common list takes precedence. This is to prevent stuff like taking 1st level haste thanks to Trapsmith, or 5th level Polar Ray thanks to Duskblade.

Sorc/Wiz>Bard>Anything else SRD>Anything else.

Cleric>Druid>Paladin>Ranger>Anything else SRD>Anything else.

Second of all, if I do use this PrC I'm going to tread lightly. As written they can access any arcane or divine list with their focus. Not just cleric or wizard, but any list. Take a moment and think about that. Insane, isn't it?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

There are several houses for sale within Balmuria. All are at least large houses if not mansions and of fine quality. Exact details below, feel free to pursue one IC and talk to the owner for more information. Sylvie also grumbles about people not mentioning any in-built libraries as selling points. The nerve!

Villa Ali - Villa Ali is located in the southwestern part of the New City. This large two story house is square shaped, with the center hollowed out into a large fruit garden. The style is in the Fiefdoms, with several hardier desert fruits trees planted. It includes four bedrooms, one outhouse and several chamber pots, a private sauna that connects to the Inferno below so there is always warm water, and it comes funished. All this for 2,000 marks! The owner, Ali of Tash, seems to be in a devil of a hurry to sell it.

Rising - A four story house, compact and built around winding stairs and interlocked rooms between levels. Often winding stairs or simply open gaps connect floors and rooms, features playing into one another like a controlled magic waterfall and magically tamed vines. The entire design is airy and open, designed so a breeze always blows through. It includes five bedrooms - three interconnect - one outhouse and several chamber pots an extra large kitchen. It is located in the New City, near the ruins of the Temple of Torm. It runs for 2,800 marks. The owner is unclear, though a mediator by the name of Callan Smooth is handling matters on his or her behalf.

House Moutan - A winter home of the Moutan clan of Tauret, it recently entered the market after the demise of the family scion. It is classical luxury, everything rich, expensive and secluded. The large grounds are in the Western Reaches, private with a large hedge maze that wraps around the front. Within are six bedrooms, two outhouses and special enchanted chamber pots that never need emptying, and an absolutely huge swimming pool with it's own bound small water elemental to keep things fresh, as well as with a heating option for hot springs in the winter months. It runs 1,900 marks.

Goldwatch - The former home of Mia Golddswar, Holycoin of Waukeen. It's done in gold colors all over, a rambling two story manor home in a classically baroque style. Everything is oversized, from the gardens outside to the bedrooms inside, to even the outhouse. It comes with three bedrooms, the typical spread of outhouses and chamber pots, an empty money vault basement, and an attached chapel, formerly to Waukeen but now desanctified. It's located in the Western Reaches, not far from Moonholm. The asking price is 2,000 marks.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

As far as Janson's concerned it's a toss-up between House Moutan and Villa Ali, so pending discussions with the family Sylvie to see where their preferences lie we can take a look at them IC?

edit: Also any room can be a library, just add books!

Anastasia

Sheet audits, version new PCs of Yuth and Merc. Yuth first.

---

Scribe Scroll is a bonus feat granted by Wizard 1. Could you add that to your feat listing?

Your skills are short, talked to you about that on IRC so go ahead and fix that up.

Looks good otherwise.

---

Merc you look okay, not too much changed.
<Afina> Forever.