News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Got any prcs in mind for her? Maybe even some that add a spell or two every few levels? I remember there was that dragon wyrm mage thing that did it, and Unseen Seer as well, I think, and Beguiler has a similar option. I'm pretty sure you can leave her as a base Adept and just give her a suitable prc with extra spells that way.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I'm thinking of a PrC that adds domain access for just that reason, Cor.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

The book Aaeru was given has the following notes:

- Always be thankful to Waukeen. Praising her wealth, the glory she gives and all of that is expected.

- A suitable gift is expected for this sort of affair. The richer the gift the better. Likewise, the fancier your clothing and the richer you appear there, the better. Waukeenites view wealth as a sign of Waukeen's favor.

- Lots of little etiquette tips for this sort of thing. As long as you guys read this book beforehand, you gain a +4 circumstantial bonus to diplomacy and bluff checks while at the meeting.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, Yuria time!

Option 1: Rebuild her as a favored soul.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Yuria

Fighter 1/Rogue 5//Favored Soul 6

Size/Type: Medium Humanoid(Human)
Hit Dice: 5d8+15+1d10+3
Initiative: +9
Speed: 30ft
Armor Class: 18 (+5 dex, +3 armor)
Base Attack/CMB/CMD: +6/+7/22
Attack: Majesty's Judgment+13 (2d4+2 19-20 x4 and 3d6 sneak attack)
Full Attack: Majesty's Judgment+13/+8 (2d4+2 19-20 x4 and 3d6 sneak attack)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Spells, sneak attack+3d6, turn undead+3d6 6/day.
Special Qualities: Evasion, uncanny dodge, penetrating strike, resistance to cold 10.
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 16 
Skills:  Climb+10, Concentration+12, Handle Animal+12, Heal+9, Knowledge(Nobility and Royalty)+8, Knowledge(Religion)+8, Knowledge(Local: Malmuth)+8, Listen+9, Spellcraft+8, Spot+9, Survival+9, Swim+10
Feats: Law Devotion(H), Weapon Finesse(1), Improved Initiative(F1), Telling Blow(3), Weapon Focus(Scythe)(FS3), TBA(6)
Epic Feats: -
Alignment: Axiomatic Neutral

This is quick and dirty; no spell list, her skills are off and she hasn't selected a level six feat. It's good enough to give you an idea of how she'd look. It's a general upgrade except for skills, taking fighter at level 1 will hurt those. This isn't a huge deal for her, as despite being a rogue she's not much of a skill maven.

2. Rework Adept a little more plus select a good PrC for her.

Self explanatory. Add a few odd omissions to Adepts spell list and go into a good PrC.

Thoughts? Opinions?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Favoured Souls don't get invisibility, which she seemed somewhat set on making her schtick. Adepts might not be the most powerful, but it is gestalt so who cares, and at least they get access to some spells from the cleric and wizard lists. Druid too, I think.

Merc

I'd say stick with Adept as well, it works well for her, and you've already been adjusting its spell list and letting her cast out of her charisma.

Favored Soul has the problem Eb mentioned with invisibility and you'd have to replace Survival (not that it probably matters concept-wise for her) as well as knowledge nobility/religion (which -do- matter concept-wise, although it's really odd that favored souls don't get religion but get arcana).

Also, isn't a favored soul's weapon focus for the deity's weapon? So she'd have to worship someone with a scythe (just think its Jergal and Chauntea/Jannath, but not sure)? I actually don't know who she worships, not on her sheet and I don't want to log dive to see if it ever even got mentioned as being one of those two, but given it's also her holy symbol...
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ebiris

I always got the impression she worshipped the Malmuth Empire rather than a deity. Since we're not playing FR, that works.

Merc

Oh, that makes sense.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Make her a ninja instead of a rogue for delicious invis~

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 13, 2011, 03:19:54 AM
Favoured Souls don't get invisibility, which she seemed somewhat set on making her schtick. Adepts might not be the most powerful, but it is gestalt so who cares, and at least they get access to some spells from the cleric and wizard lists. Druid too, I think.

They get a couple from the druid, but it's spotty.

Quote from: Merc on May 13, 2011, 04:15:33 AMI'd say stick with Adept as well, it works well for her, and you've already been adjusting its spell list and letting her cast out of her charisma.

Favored Soul has the problem Eb mentioned with invisibility and you'd have to replace Survival (not that it probably matters concept-wise for her) as well as knowledge nobility/religion (which -do- matter concept-wise, although it's really odd that favored souls don't get religion but get arcana).

Also, isn't a favored soul's weapon focus for the deity's weapon? So she'd have to worship someone with a scythe (just think its Jergal and Chauntea/Jannath, but not sure)? I actually don't know who she worships, not on her sheet and I don't want to log dive to see if it ever even got mentioned as being one of those two, but given it's also her holy symbol.

Invisibility is a problem, yes. I was toying with her simply saying she forgot how to cast it. Funny enough, though it's not a great excuse. K:R can be fixed by houserule - this is a stupid omission, favored souls have that problem - but the other two are valid concerns. She could take apt learning to make up for it.

She worships the Malmuthian Empire, 'least in theory.  As an adept it doesn't hugely matter. It matters more as a favored soul.

QuoteMake her a ninja instead of a rogue for delicious invis~

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Went with favored soul after all. The main reason was because that the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I built Yuria for one purpose and she's taken on a whole different one. Rather than getting into a situation where she may end up bad or needing an uber PrC to halfway compete, I decided to go the rebuilding route. The following feat is used to bridge the gap.

Malmuthian Spell Training [General]
Prerequisite: Able to cast spontaneously cast 2nd level spells.
Benefit: Your training with new schools of magic have given you a handful of new spells. You add the following spells to your spells known list: 0: Prestidigitation 2: Invisibility 4: Greater Invisibility.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

You made her an initiate feat? Heh, nice.

Anastasia

I do this every so often and it's that time again! So I pose a question to all of you; do you have any house rules you'd like to suggest?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I know you've banned all save or dies, but what about allowing them using the pathfinder style rules where they do 10 damage per caster level if the save is failed instead?

Anastasia

Link me to the relevant rules?
<Afina> Forever.