Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Dune, your intense dislike of ToB nonwithstanding, can you just adopt a variant of http://dnd.savannahsoft.eu/feat-2556-shadow-blade.html to the game? Stances or what not aside, it's basically a neat feat that lets you add dex to damage when you use one of six weapons, one of which is unarmed strike and thus very relevant.

Also, a question about a Complete Champion prc, Fist of the Forest. Would the unarmed strike damage increases from that class modify the damage from Strength Devotion (same book)?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 09, 2011, 02:43:51 AMAlso, a question about a Complete Champion prc, Fist of the Forest. Would the unarmed strike damage increases from that class modify the damage from Strength Devotion (same book)?

The unarmed damage boost is treated as monk progression. It doesn't stack, they overlap. You use whichever is better.

Fist of the Forest could stand a rewrite, but that's here nor there. I really don't care for how parts of it are written, it could use more clarity.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

What do you think about Sovereign Speaker from Faiths of Eberron (p32)? I got to wonder if it's something that could be viable with the Triad.

Anastasia

It's very nice if you want a shit ton of domains, I suppose.  The way it's written wouldn't be as effective with a 3 god Triad, since you have less domains to draw on and there's overlap between them. I don't have any huge problem with the class, though.

Edit: If you're really interested in it let me know later and we'll work something out. It would need some reflavoring plus a bit of tweaking.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

New houserules:

Added a note that monks and paladins may multiclass freely. I've ignored that rule for a long time though it's never been codified. I also noted that monks may be any non-chaotic instead of any lawful. This is something I've been observing this game as well. If you really wanna monk it up, feel free to be neutral.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Switching Lucky Dice soulmeld for Spellward Shirt (spell resistance 5)

edit: also putting in an essentia point I usually have in lucky dice in that soulmeld, so spell resistance is actually 9.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

As in spell resistance 5 total?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Remind me next init that Josa has motivate dexterity. I forgot in the bustle last time. It was a classical busy DM slipup.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Speaking of stuff, can you rule on Heroism and Invis (and anything similar) and how they interact with your CMB and CMD?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 15, 2011, 02:46:33 AM
Speaking of stuff, can you rule on Heroism and Invis (and anything similar) and how they interact with your CMB and CMD?

I will tomorrow.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm going to rule for the moment that modifiers or penalties to hit apply to CMB. If that doesn't work I'll change it later.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Did anyone take Yuria's scythe with them on the way in? Feels like a suitable instrument of vengeance, here.

Ebiris

I wanted to but we were hurrying down the stairs after clearing the first guards and I didn't want to waste time going back for it with spell durations ticking down.

I did make sure to kill the Sleeped guards so none could wake up and run away with it to fund their retirement.

Anastasia

No one grabbed it. Barring someone else doing something, it's presumably still sitting there.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Added a new houserule to the general rulings section. Way back in Balmuria 1 I houseruled summon spells to take a standard action instead of 1 round to cast. I'd forgotten about it until now, as I very rarely use summon monster spells on bad guys.  To be honest I'm okay with the change in gestalt, since barring shenanigans, summons are even weaker thanks to almost everything else being gestalt.
<Afina> Forever.