News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Pyxis looks fine, but could you change the name if possible? It's the name of a system at work and it's really fucking with my head.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Idle question: Looking at any particular PrCs, Eb?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 25, 2011, 02:33:06 PMI guess my character could be skewed? In any case if this doesn't sound like a good idea, I'll drop it. I just had lots of fun trying to bullrush and disarm people so I wanted to bring it up.

I agree with Eb by and large here, but I think you also hit a point dead on. It's a lot of fun to have more options in battle. Perhaps a better house rule would be that eating an AoO on bullrush, grapple or other things doesn't stop the action if it succeeds?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

That houserule I can get behind.

As far as PrCs go, the only ones I've even considered are Contemplative and Divine Disciple, since both of those would give me a domain. Since I like turn undead it's a bit of a tradeoff, so I'm not sold completely on either.

Also I was wrong about keeping Weapon Focus to get Deity's Favour. You lose weapon focus to get it in the first place, and then lose weapon spec to bestow it on multiple targets. Updated the sheet to reflect that.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on June 26, 2011, 07:10:48 AM
That houserule I can get behind.

As far as PrCs go, the only ones I've even considered are Contemplative and Divine Disciple, since both of those would give me a domain. Since I like turn undead it's a bit of a tradeoff, so I'm not sold completely on either.

Also I was wrong about keeping Weapon Focus to get Deity's Favour. You lose weapon focus to get it in the first place, and then lose weapon spec to bestow it on multiple targets. Updated the sheet to reflect that.

What do the rest of you think of that houserule?

As far as those PrCs goes, you can just dip Contemplative 1 to get a domain and divine health. Losing a level of turning is a fair trade there unless you're focusing on it. Divine Disciple strikes me as a full 5 level investment if you go that way, since you don't get the domain until level 4. At that point you may as well finish the class and get the outsider type.

---

I added a changelog to the houserules, so you can easily keep track of various changes. Does this help you guys?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 26, 2011, 01:52:10 PM
I added a changelog to the houserules, so you can easily keep track of various changes. Does this help you guys?

Yes.

Ebiris

Yeah, a lot of the time I see the new post icon by the houserules but have no idea what's changed.

Anastasia

Fantastic, I'll keep up on it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Question to all PCs:

What's on your agenda now? I know each of you have things you'd like to do, summon or look into. List your things here. Eb, I know you're new so introducing you goes without saying. If you have any other immediate goals say so. If you guys wanna do a funeral or something for Janson, speak up. Up to you guys if you wanna RP something like that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

NPC agendas here noted for reference and inspiration.

Josa

1. Josa would like to talk to Whurric at some point, as well as Aaeru and Arachiel.
2. Refill the supply closet, manage finances.

Neveril

1. Make a small offering to Selune.
2. Spend some time getting to know Whimsical Sweets better.
3. Purchase equipment. I'll do this tonight.

Balyss

1. Balyss needs to talk to Whimsical Sweets, though this isn't a priority. She intends to do it later, after you've had some time to heal up from your ordeal's emotional scars.
2. Throw one hell of a party that turns into a dusk-till-dawn bender.
3. Get the best damned booze for said bender.

Marianne

1. Talk to Aaeru some more.
2. Talk to the rest of the group she's found herself with.
3. Clean up some unfinished business. She might want some help with it.

Lyris

1. Talk shop about skirmish/scout stuff with Janson. ...oh wait. Uguu.
2. Train with Arachiel - some coordination with ranged assaults is a good idea.

Yuria

1. Like, get some money since this bitch be broooooke.
2. Find a place to live since it's aaawwwkwaaaard in Janson's old mansion.
3. Spend some time with Whurric.

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Whurric will be happy to talk to Josa and to spend time with Yuria!

He would also like at some point to go visit Janson's village and let Vanessa know what happened to Janson and that the scroll was used, as well as letting Janson's family know both that and of Sylvie's quest, since he's aware that Janson has some family still alive, even if he doesn't really know them. He'd probably bring it up whenever he talks to Josa, though he's not particularly in a hurry to leave either.

There's also a bit of curiosity to seek out those escaped goblins, and seeing if they made it out to Balmuria, and finding out what they're doing with themselves. He'd probably ask Aaeru for help with gathering that sort of information. Speaking of, he still wants to meet those orphans in-game!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Aaeru would think it's awkward to have a funeral for Janson without Sylvie or, in fact, while Sylvie is going to bring him back. If she returns without him, they can have a proper service at that time.

I don't actually want to make a big deal out of summoning my new familiar, especially since it would be me talking to myself a lot.

Assuming Josa doesn't have anything urgent (a reply from Simmer asking for a rescue right now, something else that is a pressing matter) Aaeru would want to go for the weekly-ish book reading, possibly with Neve as before? Afterwards, she would want to talk to Croger, and it might be a good chance to meet IC the rest of the people you told me I knew at the temple, even if it's just to exchange a few words.

With regard to Marianne, I'll be happy to continue our chat. I actually considered seeking her and Lyris out, but as this is her initiative, it's up to her when she catches me for it.

Likewise for Josa and Balyss. I'd like to knock a couple of the things I listed off first before talking to either of them, but they can catch me whenever.

Yuria can stay with us. I'll definitely offer, after checking privately with Neve if it's okay.