News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Posted. If you're interested in the holidays of a particular faith speak up.

I wonder how fast Cor will say he is? C'mon, you just know he's going to ask about Ilmater. Maybe Eb as well for Sulia.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

QuoteI wonder how fast Cor will say he is? C'mon, you just know he's going to ask about Ilmater. Maybe Eb as well for Sulia.

That's a no-brainer, right? Almost begs the question of why you didn't post those.  >_>

P.S.
No Christmas but people could celebrate Seira's birth~
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Yeah, lets hear about Sulia and Elven national holidays in case Ves wants to make an event of things.

Anastasia

I'll be posting replies to various things that have stacked up within a day or two.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I've talked to all of you in PM so I'm going to draw this out.

Game over.

I'd like to emphasize again that it's primarily because I've lost the zest to DM this. It's not really any of your faults, but I feel like it's time for a change. I want to make this official - the more I think about it, the more right it feels. I also want suggestions for new games, ideas and all of that. I have two I've bandied around PMs and they're familiar, so I won't be overly long in describing them.

1. Balmuria 1 pickup.

Pros: Familiar, strong cast, epic level play.
Cons: Epic level play, difficult for Merc/Yuth to get involved in and interested.

2. Planar-styled game.

Pros: Rotating scenery, lots of chances to see the wide multiverse.
Cons: I know Cor's not interested in it, lack of a home base or place to call your own.

Those pros can cons are debatable and could be worked around.

In addition, if we run D&D and this game world, it's possible for game elements from this world to show up in another. What characters, game elements or other such are you fond of? There were plenty of good elements in this game, so speak up about this.

By all means add your own ideas. I'd really like more of them!

I'll be doing an overall game feedback post a little later tonight.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I'm not terribly keen on picking up Balmuria 1 either. Planar would be awesome, and it's still not impossible to have a home base - just give us a place in the Outlands or somewhere with planar links/portals everywhere and we can go out and adventure from there. Or to make it more organic, toss us on a random plane where we can adventure and plane-hop for a while before we find a place we like to make our own to come back to inbetween questing across the multiverse.

As far as remaining within the game world, keeping the deities and history is fine, but I honestly wouldn't mind a change. At the very least, I'm tired of Balmuria the city.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on August 05, 2011, 03:06:19 PMPlanar would be awesome, and it's still not impossible to have a home base - just give us a place in the Outlands or somewhere with planar links/portals everywhere and we can go out and adventure from there. Or to make it more organic, toss us on a random plane where we can adventure and plane-hop for a while before we find a place we like to make our own to come back to inbetween questing across the multiverse.

My idea to solve that problem was some sort of astral ship or moving fortress. Sorta taking your home base along with you, you know?

QuoteAs far as remaining within the game world, keeping the deities and history is fine, but I honestly wouldn't mind a change. At the very least, I'm tired of Balmuria the city.

Yeah, that rings true. It's definitely time for a change of scenery.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It's really hard to think of compatible games. I wouldn't mind a post-timeskip B3 which is heroic once more and all about saving the universe (tm) and challenging the ruins and traveling the planes (for justice).

I wouldn't mind a non-D&D game, either. It's really hard to come up with things... I think about the only thing I would like to try and Dune doesn't dislike is Warhammer 40k. The EVA fanmade system or any of the existing ones could be pretty fun to try.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 05, 2011, 03:10:17 PM
It's really hard to think of compatible games. I wouldn't mind a post-timeskip B3 which is heroic once more and all about saving the universe (tm) and challenging the ruins and traveling the planes (for justice).

Honestly, I was toying around with blending that with the planar idea plus some sort of mobile home base. You remember how the Cauldron could move about the Astral Sea? Imagine a (smaller) home base that did that across the planes.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I've stated interest in non-D&D games myself (and a desire to do something anime-flavored, just as long as it wasn't F/SN or Madoka), though I have no problems with D&D either. I don't really have anything to suggest on the d&d front outside of a preference to stay away from epic gameplay, or at least not starting at that level.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Dibs on pilot.

I'm not really into a daily game of adventuring across the universe without a real cause or home or friends beyond the group of other hobos traveling with me. I actually disliked a lot of the implications of Planar where the PCs caused a war to break out but just left to keep on traveling, for example. I'd be obligated to stick around, and that would just bog us down. Really, what I'm worried about here is that I'll try to start looking for a home and make friends I'd want to keep on meeting and that all this stuff would clash with the spirit of traveling the game seems to have and it'll come down to either me enjoying the game or the other players. If you guys think this prediction is spot on, I'd rather preempt it by not playing.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on August 05, 2011, 03:15:35 PM
I've stated interest in non-D&D games myself (and a desire to do something anime-flavored, just as long as it wasn't F/SN or Madoka), though I have no problems with D&D either. I don't really have anything to suggest on the d&d front outside of a preference to stay away from epic gameplay, or at least not starting at that level.

I'm thinking mid teens for level? Higher than Balmuria 2 but not all the way into fullblown epic. Think 13-16 range.

Quote from: Corwin on August 05, 2011, 03:17:00 PM
Dibs on pilot.

I'm not really into a daily game of adventuring across the universe without a real cause or home or friends beyond the group of other hobos traveling with me. I actually disliked a lot of the implications of Planar where the PCs caused a war to break out but just left to keep on traveling, for example. I'd be obligated to stick around, and that would just bog us down. Really, what I'm worried about here is that I'll try to start looking for a home and make friends I'd want to keep on meeting and that all this stuff would clash with the spirit of traveling the game seems to have and it'll come down to either me enjoying the game or the other players. If you guys think this prediction is spot on, I'd rather preempt it by not playing.

You'd need a reason for traveling, a reason to possibly recruit friends and build your fortress. The more I think about it, the more that it takes on elements of Sim Colony. You guys have some reason to be traveling and recruiting allies, friends and all of that to add to your fortress. Almost like a mobile Suikoden game, only with more frogs and succubi.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm fine with playing Suikoden.

Anastasia

What do the rest of you think of that idea, then? Interested at all?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

This could be fun. Maybe we're refugees from some sort of apocalyptic cataclysm and we band together to scour the planes for a way to fix things/undo it/take revenge/stop it happening to others. Happen across our Throne of Bhaal style pocket-plane or Ancient city ship or whatever early on and use it for our base as we go forth doing this or that.