News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

House Rules

Started by Dracos, September 11, 2010, 07:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

House Rules:

1)Shock and Energy Points are not going to be used under Keep It Simple.
2)Maid Vigilantes do not die.  IF they fall below 0 health points, they are Knocked out.  Villians sometimes get this treatment, but it will be case by case.
3)Any investment or planned investment in Extra Actions should get cleared ahead of time.
4)Hot blooded punches, kicks, and other dynamic entry don't kill people.  Just in general.
5)Expanded Mechanics Chapter 11 is not included.  At least not for Ep 0.  If folks want some rules from there later voice it.
6)Siege weapons are banned.
7)Mecha are also not allowed.  Neither are personal space ships, trains, or battle cars.  Basically if it's over 12 feet tall and needs a support team to get it to you, it's not in this game.  Characters may possibly have a small car, but if you drive it near a battle zone don't be surprised if it goes squish.
8)Allies must be approved (They inevitably will be) and listed clearly on your sheet.
9)Dimensional abilities must be pre-approved.
10)Insubstantial is limited to level 5 maximum.
11)Advancement will only happen Between Seasons.  Expect to be static for an entire arc.  And yes, that means if I continue from Ep 0, season 1 will retain the same power level.
12)Power flux must be pre-approved.  Please come with a plan and a clear focus on it.  Dynamic powers is borderline banned.  It's my first time running BESM and I'd prefer keeping it simple.
13)Items are allowed, but must hold to these requirements: They must have a way of being removed from the user, they must have a description of what they are, they must have clear durability, and they must have a clear way of being replaced.  This may be foregone if it is obvious (A Naginata for instance is obviously buyable again, can be knocked out of someone's hands, has a clear look, and is generally destroyed by being sundered or burned.  This doesn't need to be detailed.  A spacesuit on the other hand is not so obvious), but if those four conditions cannot be met, you cannot get the 1/2 price item attribute and must instead pay full price for a permanent ability.

Battle flow:
1)Everyone rolls initiative: 2d6+ACV+(Mods)
2)Place folks at their init count (or init count/Extra actions)
3)Character makes 1 single action or Delays, usually offensive action, 2d6+ACV+Mods vs 2d6+DCV+mods
4)Action ends.  Move to next init.

Tactical actions:
Wait for opening: +1 to next attack roll.  Melee only.  Takes 1 round.  Culmative over rounds.
Aim: +1 to next attack roll, ranged only, cannot defend.  Takes 1 round.  Culmative over rounds.
Total Defense: +3 to DCV, can only move.

Free Actions:
Can talk, move short distance, can defend.

Defending:
Multiple defense: -1 to each additional defense roll in one round.
Inability to Defend: Certain actions may exclude a defense roll.  These will be obvious totally occupied situations.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

What are your thoughts on Power Variation?

Dracos

Totally missed that question.  Generally fine with it, though with the caveat that going overboard will likely make me not so.  Generally, you can have it and switch anytime there is a reasonably calm moment (E.g. No switching in the heat of battle without rendering yourself totally vulnerable for a round).  Reason I'm saying this is that dealing with adjusting character stats in the middle of battle is difficult.

I will say as the reality, if your stats are variable, you have a greater likelihood of me misreading something in the heat of battle.  You'll have to work harder to be clear about it and cover your values.

I've added a brief flow of battle, simplified as I read it from the combat chapter.  Some slight changes (Rate of Multiple defenses is decreased, No Need to Defend is ignored.  If folks have a comment on combat flow that I missed and they consider important, please raise.  This should cover every 'not on your sheet' action you might take.
Well, Goodbye.