Loot thread 2: Let's outdo Waukeen's treasury this time!

Started by Anastasia, September 24, 2010, 04:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Loot thread.

Each of you gets 40 GP from Josa as an advance on this month's salary. You also get half of anything you loot down the line.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Loot from the Silverback Lodge

There are various mundane things around. Basic supplies, food, tools and so on. If you have anything in particular in the mundanes that interest you, speak up. Any of the below listed items can be taken at your discretion.

Notable things:

1 sealed jar. There is a powder within that smells good, like flowers.
A painting from over the fireplace. It's title is Dragon vs Bird.
A chest full of 10 sets of courtier's clothing, located in a shed in the back. When asked, the two thugs shrug and say it was there before their time, and that Qusela had them move it to the shed.
4 20 GP silver trade bars, stumbled on in an empty room behind a false wall slot. This seems to surprise Noel and Branna as much as Janson when he finds them!
A silver holy symbol in the shape of a circle, with a purple painted rim, found in Qusela's room.
A heavy sack full of marks and platinum marks, found in Qusela's room.

Qusela has the following things on him:

A breastplate.
A greatsword. With time to study it, you can notice a black teardrop is set into the blade. It looks to be some sort of polished stone.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I have DM at will. Does anything glow?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

[15:24] <Andria> I'd like to do a knowledge:religion check on his holy symbol
[15:24] <Kotono> Sure. Roll it and post the result in loot.
[15:25] <Andria> roll d20+4 K:rel
[15:25] * Hatbot --> "Andria rolls d20+4 K:rel and gets 14." [d20=10]
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

It's a holy symbol to Shar. It should be painted black in the center, but it's not for whatever reason.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I figure we'll take the lot back to Balmuria, hand Qusela and his lovely incriminating holy symbol to the guard, and take the rest of our hard won loot back to the shop so that Josa can take his half share and we split the remaining half between us? Janson would like some nice clothes and the flowery smelling powder for personal use.

Merc

As mentioned, I also want to tell Sanuth his good news, -but- that he has one last little bit of 'blackmail' to deal with, as he needs to pay Vayth what he owes him if he wants this whole episode to finally be over. And I'm not giving him back his money to pay Vayth! He can't prove the money Janson found was his!

Corwin

I believe we should tell Sanuth that he didn't kill anyone, but has to go talk to the Guard before he receives the money that was used in the blackmailing. In other words, what was taken from him should be returned to him without any cuts to Josa (or others). We could determine just how much that was easily enough. I also want to try and find Melaine to help her, so I don't know about returning right away.

And no claims. My share of stuff no one wants will go to the orphan fund.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Janson is willing to use his tracking skills to try and find Melaine if asked. Sanuth doesn't deserve to have any money returned to him, though. Beyond all else, he still stabbed a girl with no provocation.

Corwin

I'd present it IC if need be, but I believe it should be a package deal. He confesses to his wrongdoings to the Guard, makes whatever reparations necessary and serves his time/pays a fine if need be. Then he gets his money returned to him. That's what I wish to happen.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, some of this looks like an IC debate to have. I'd rather not have this out in the loot topic, so let's table this for the moment?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I don't really want anything except my share of stuff. And if Sanuth is willing to speak/admit his wrongdoing in things, he can get his money back, I think.

Otherwise, I'd say we keep it as loot, definitely. But I'm willing to let him get back his money if he's willing to suffer his reputation hit (and I seriously doubt he will) and do the right thing, even if it's only because of greed.

Yuthirin

I'll claim the painting, if no one wants it. I'm sure it will sell to the right person for a decent amount.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

1 sealed jar. There is a powder within that smells good, like flowers. - Janson.
A painting from over the fireplace. It's title is Dragon vs Bird. - Wayland.
A chest full of 10 sets of courtier's clothing, located in a shed in the back. When asked, the two thugs shrug and say it was there before their time, and that Qusela had them move it to the shed. - ???
4 20 GP silver trade bars, stumbled on in an empty room behind a false wall slot. This seems to surprise Noel and Branna as much as Janson when he finds them! . - Kept to be sold/split up in GP value.
A silver holy symbol in the shape of a circle, with a purple painted rim, found in Qusela's room - Given to Guard.
A heavy sack full of marks and platinum marks, found in Qusela's room. - Given to Guard.

Qusela has the following things on him:

A breastplate. - Given to Guard.
A greatsword. With time to study it, you can notice a black teardrop is set into the blade. It looks to be some sort of polished stone. - Given to Guard.

All of this accurate?
<Afina> Forever.