News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Working Relationships

Started by Carthrat, October 11, 2010, 11:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

[12:08] <@Kotono_Ibis> The Lady's jaunty servant comes to retreive Knight as Mari sniffles and Adail is lost in his own thoughts. "Knight, the Lady says you need a workspace?"
[12:09] <@Knight> "Just so," replies Knight, clad only in ordinary clothes; her equipment is stacked in a neat pile by the corner. "Maintenance is an ongoing task."
[12:10] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Come with me," Arinzah smirks, "M'lady Knight. A most curious name even after I understand your origin. I would think you a Mary or an Angelina looking at you."
[12:13] <@Knight> "It is just a name," replies Knight, finding herself not nearly as invested in it as she would be in the past. "Call me as you please, if need be. Though 'tis plain enough, I would think, that ordinary names do not befit me."
[12:15] <@Kotono_Ibis> "How about lovely," Arinzah offers his hand out as Knight approaches, "A name can change, having one for too long invites stagnation. Take another - a name for you as you grow more complete?"
[12:18] <@Knight> "As I said, you may call me as you please. A name is for the sake of others, not myself. I know who and what I am, and what title I go by will not change that."
[12:19] <@Knight> Knight stops before Arinzah, and looks curiously at his hand.
[12:20] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Ah, then lovely shall do," He keeps his hand out, "Allow me to hold your hand, Lovely?"
[12:22] <@Knight> Knight sighs. "In truth, I hope you are able to witness me in battle. You would not choose that name, then," she notes, reaching out to hold his palm in her oversized claw.
[12:24] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Such melancholy," His hand goes into Knight's large claw-hand, "Do I need to see battle to see how beautiful you are? Your face holds such beauty tempered with so many subtle burdens."
[12:27] <@Knight> "Melancholy? Burdens? Is that what you think?" asks Knight, unable to prevent herself from grinning. "Well, we all see what we wish to see, I suppose."
[12:30] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Truly so," Hand in hand they start to walk down the hall, "Ah, a smile! Lovely shows her fair side." She leads you the way towards the room where you first met the Lady, past it. "But why does your battle make you dissaude this name for you?"
[12:32] <@Knight> "Do you enjoy watching it? Bloodstained swords. Missing limbs. Cries of battle. The death of hope. Second winds. Bulging eyes, short breaths, spilled organs, sweaty palms. Crushing one's enemy beneath one's heel. Is that something you consider lovely? Romantic, perhaps?"
[12:33] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Surely not." Arinzah agrees sa you walk, "But is battle all that defines you? Your beauty is radiant out of it, surely it would be as a valkyrie descending to the battlefield when you do raise arms."
[12:34] <@Knight> "I have observed," remarks Knight, "That all those who compliment me on my appearance are seeking to trick me in some fashion."
[12:37] <@Kotono_Ibis> This makes Arinzah stop entirely, as you approach a bend. "Then I shall be honest. I find you captivating. Your eyes, your face, your body, your legs, your hand - both of them." His hand squeezes Knight's claw, "That's all."
[12:44] <@Knight> "You are rather persistant," remarks Knight, pausing as well. "Admirable, in it's own way. Your timing, however, could be little worse."
[12:45] <@Kotono_Ibis> "It is a time of sorrow and strife for you. All the more reason to seek the sweet release of a moment's contentment with another," Arinzah says, going to look into Knight's eyes. "When the battlefield grows close, is it not reasonable to steal a few moments of respite before committing yourself?"
[12:50] <@Knight> "I am not some fool woman who would lie with the first sympathetic ear that drops by," replies Knight, arching an eyebrow. "That being the case, you are also mistaken. It is a time of strife, yes, but sorrow? I live for these times! The boring life is one without conflict! But it's danger, mystery, this tension- I cannot get enough!"
[12:51] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Is it? Mari's sister is doomed now," Arinzah answers, "The Lady is not one to make idle threats nor offer her blessings unless they are essential." Nonetheless he does smile back, almost a smirk, "But I yield to your thrillseeking nature."
[12:53] <@Knight> "That is Mari's decision," replies Knight. "Personally, I believe the others are blinded by their suspicions, and unable to view their situation through an unbiased lens. It is not for me, however, to tell them what their goals are."
[12:54] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Is it?" Again he asks, "You're their friend. Friends share council and respect one another's decisions."
[12:57] <@Knight> "As I understand it, the terms of her service are vague and unrestricted in nature. It is understandable that they would be refused," replies Knight.
[12:59] <@Kotono_Ibis> "It is still a maganamous offer," Arinzah banters back, "Otherwise, Ami is doomed. What purpose for your journey if you throw away your main goal? If the Lady offered you the rest of the deck for service and you refused, to who could you blame but yourself?"
[13:03] <@Knight> "Our cases are different," remarks Knight. "I cannot sign away my future after the deck is completed. But there is little I would not undertake, were it to hasten their recovery." (More)
[13:05] <@Knight> She pauses. "And I do not believe the matter will be as simple as recovering Ami from a battlefield; Baator has a way of changing people, I know. But perhaps we aren't as different as I thought. Mari may not wish to give up her future once reunited with her sister, either. If you seek freedom for yourself and others, can you really obtain it by selling yourself so dearly?"
[13:06] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Is your freedom worth the loss of what you hold dear?" Arinzah answers, "A fair question for the sages. Mari has chosen to forsake her goal and her sister for her freedom. Better her free of Baator and here, no matter what changes have happened."
[13:09] <@Knight> "Let me ask you something, then," replies Knight. "To what ends would the Lady put Mari's service? I believe you would have a better chance of convincing her if you were to outline the terms. You see, we know nothing of the Lady's true desires. Even I would be reticient to serve someone who's aims are a phantom to me."
[13:09] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Yomi
[13:10] <@Kotono_Ibis> "A warrior, a spy. Her talents are impressive," Arinzha answers back again, "Her talents are also obvious."
[13:10] <@Knight> "That was not my question."
[13:11] <@Knight> "If she is to be a warrior, against whom would she make war? If she is to spy, what information would she seek, and for what purpose?"
[13:12] <@Kotono_Ibis> "I confess..." Now Arinzah shakes his head, "The Lady's greater motives are opaque as the fog banks of the ethereal. She keeps her own council and commands us to her ends. Those that she needs she takes...she has done it to all of you already."
[13:15] <@Knight> "It is enough, for me at least, to have my own ends be served by working for her," replies Knight. "I'm afraid that may not be enough to convince the others. One would often seek to attain what they seek without losing anything themselves..." She sighs. "Were I Mari, I would limit the term of service to some short period, and agree to perform only certain tasks at which I am confidant." (More)
[13:16] <@Knight> "And even then, I would require the terms to be conditional depending on Ami's desires and needs. It is not a deal one can make so blindly- even with the most well-intentioned of benefactors."
[13:21] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Try as you can...but the Lady wants all of you, and if I have learned anything? The Lady gets what she wants, Lovely." To this Arinzah's smile slips, "Submit gracefully rather than defy. I suspect it will go better for you that way, and one way or another she'll get what she wants."
[13:23] <@Knight> "I will continue to deal with her as long as we have need," replies Knight, with a shrug. "I have the same relationship with everyone I work with, in that regard. We work together for the sake of mutual prosperity."
[13:24] <@Kotono_Ibis> "As you desire, lovely," At last Arinzah steps forward, "This way, your workspace is ahead."
[13:26] <@Knight> "It was an interesting conversation," remarks Knight, starting forward. "Perhaps we can have another later. Do you enjoy chess, or cards?"
[13:28] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Ah, I do enjoy poker so," Arinzah says, "Perhaps we can play a variant I like after I show you your workspace?"
[13:29] <@Knight> "I will enjoy taking your money."
[13:30] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Oh, you don't play only for money," Around the corner is a stairway going down.
[13:30] <@Knight> "There is always a currency involved, or the game is pointless," replies Knight, proceeding towards the stairwell.
[13:32] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Only for money. You see, you play for money and clothing. Quite a thrilling game, strip poker," Down the stairs you come into an open space. There's a lot of space here, a table, small forge and anvils about. Chains hang from the ceiling.
[13:34] <@Knight> "I'm afraid I don't seek your clothing. You are too small and it would not fit me. This place appears quite suitable," notes Knight, walking towards the forge and inspecting it. "Is it entirely mundane?"
[13:34] <@Kotono_Ibis> "I believe so," Arinzah says, "Do you require magical tools?"
[13:37] <@Knight> "Not for ongoing maintenance, or repairs," replies Knight. "I may, however. The construct is quite modular; parts from others, I believe, may be fitted onto the chassis. To affix them properly, I may need certain materials. Of course, at present, I have no such parts. Do you know if the drow, or the yugoloths, make any particular use of constructs?"
[13:37] <@Kotono_Ibis> "I'm afraid not, but the Lady may know," Arinzah says with another shake of his head.
[13:38] <@Knight> "I will need to discuss our opponents with her at some stage."
[13:39] <@Kotono_Ibis> "Ah." Arinzah says, "But is this sufficient for now?"
[13:41] <@Knight> "Yes, thank you."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up