News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Upcoming game: Anime styled

Started by Anastasia, December 01, 2010, 03:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'm looking to start an anime themed game in the evenings, from about 10 30 PM EST to 2-230 AM EST. It would run once a week and I'm looking for two to three players. The system is going to be a stripped down Tristat/BESM, more details on this part will be posted in a day or two.

The setting is stereotypical anime Japan, current day. Any type of character goes, I'm not looking for thematic consistency here since anime's often a hodgepodge of magic, tech, occult and weird Japan shit. I only request that you avoid heavy mecha types as well as hotblooded types. They don't agree with me, it's better for everyone that it not go down that path. Once we have a gaming group I'm going to want those people to work together to make PCs that are naturally connected. Rather than dealing with the awkward phase of getting everyone together, I'd like to be able to take it for granted instead.

Post if you're interested, if I get more than three people interested, I'll narrow things down from there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Laggy

Posting because Dune is an insufferable bastard

Interested on the condition of workable schedule (hint hint Fridays).

Zephyrus

Tentatively interested.

I say tentative because I currently feel like shit after working two ten hour shifts. And I have three more days of this to go. >_>;

Not sure if I can be a gaming hero like Cid and still be up for working the next day. Maybe if I were in an office setting, it wouldn't be so bad. Do let me know if a schedule change could be possible.

Anastasia

Okay, let's see who else turns up. Zeph, I relate, it's hard work. I do manual labor for a living, and the first few weeks are the worst. It gets more bearable as you adapt to it.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I'll leave this open a few more days to see if any more interest is shown.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Follow up question: What days of the week are good for everyone? Laggy indicated Fridays, I'm interested in hearing from everyone to keep our options open.

It's never too early to start schedule planning. <_<
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Indeed, schedule planning almost belongs first.

Friday's are reasonable.  The 10:30 to 2:30 timeslot proposed is something that I can do most weekdays, once a week anyhow.
Well, Goodbye.

Zephyrus

Honestly, I would prefer anything from Saturday evening to Tuesday evening. I simply don't have the stamina built up to be able to work on 5 hours or less of sleep.

Anastasia

Been a little tied up lately, will be posting more to this in a day or two. Sorry for the delay, circumstances have not cooperated.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, information. This game is going to take place in modern Tokyo, Japan. An idealized Japan, the sort where magical girls run around, martial artists can defy gravity and a 16 year old with  backpack can create robots in their spare time. The game's plot will come to you guys. What I want out of you is a group of people together and who know each other. I want a pre-made team, basically. How you set this up is left to your imaginations together. I'll work with whatever you give me here(Pending DM approval if you manage to do something that is completely incompatible with the game idea).

I have a potential of four players interested: Zeph, Laggy, Drac and a Cideon that's maybe interested but not posting about it. There are three days that are reasonably possible, Friday, Saturday and Monday. Friday is good for Laggy and Drac but bad for Zeph and Cid. Saturdays are so-so for Laggy, good for Zeph, good for Cid and a question mark for Drac. Mondays are a question mark for everyone but Zeph but good for him. Can any of these days work for us?

Second of all, I want a 3 PC max here and I have 4 possible people. This is obviously a problem. I'd like to get you guys talking and see how you all mix up, as well as see what's what. Can we all get together this Saturday in #cowwoods around 10 30 PM EST? See how everything looks, chats and how you mesh. That could make a decision for us, or even convince me to run 4 if you guys all click well together(Though this -is- a longshot, I'm not trying to play bait and switch with you).

I have the basic rules primer nearly ready, will be posted tomorrow.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I would rather a weekday than saturday evenings as I prefer not having both weekend nights occupied perpetually and sunday evening is occupied perpetually by merc and my games.  Occassionally is fine, but every week not so.  Monday is fine for me.

I can be around for 10:30 this saturday sure.
Well, Goodbye.

Sierra

Fridays are impossible for me (Persona runs then).

Of course, given I'm in a couple games already, I think working me in should be last priority. So there's that.

Dracos

Railgun Go~! *flicks coins* :P

Any theme folks prefer?  Or should we hash out there?  sleepy Dracos is sleepy.

*may simply be babbling*

How is monday for cid and laggy?
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Laggy's bowed out due to personal issues and sudden commitments, so that's not a concern now.

Re things said in chat, about the PCs driving the plot: I said up there the plot would come to the PCs. It will, it's not passive or anything. Just sayin'. I mean literally, the plot will find you. It's an anime styled game, these things tend to work like that.
<Afina> Forever.