News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Schooltime Gossip (Feedback)

Started by Dracos, January 23, 2011, 03:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Hey, Hey...We got to play again.  It's been forever, I hope Aisu-chan's fans haven't forgotten her!  Today Jin was badass and took out a tank with a sword.  He bled all over the place too, but he always seems to do that.  Aisu-chan got all tired.  Doesn't anyone know she can't keep casting ice all day long?  Noriko-chan is a big trooper though, just like her mom.  Getting kidnapped and then pulling the kidnapper to the lab and her eyes don't even twitch!  She's tough!

Hey Aisutori scared Enro-san!  I know it's not good to scare new friends, but grandma would totally be proud of me.  That's right, we've got a new friend who's a bit of a coward, but I bet he's got some good points somewhere.  We've really given the Crimson Wind a bloody nose though.  They're probably going to step it up a notch now...  Aisu-chan hopes she gets time to sing for all of you soon!

I hope you join us all for the next chapter of Aisu-chan and magical friends adventures...I mean LOOMING!

(May have felt like typing a Sailor Moon style'd self absorbed closer for last episode.  Was glad to see us getting back into actually gaming, even dune powering through being sleepy.  Looks forward to us getting more lively next week!)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Question:

Was just reading over our cool char sheets again and noticed Enro's flaw.  Is...that really a reasonable/valid flaw in universe?  I mean even given it is a truly unique evolutionary power and nobody else has teleport (really?)... contextually, it's not that special.  We've got humanoid robots going to school and all sorts of strange mystic and technological type.  I mean, someone going after 'research subjects that have supernatural/interesting abilities' would pretty much have good reason to be happy with kidnapping any of us (Maybe not jin).  Wouldn't something more personal work better, even if its of a similar remoteness (Like Neglected/Socially abused by family)?
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

<Iddy> I didn't get a chance to read it.
<Iddy> I've got a bit of work to do. Once I clear it up, I'll check.
<Iddy> I know it might read a bit weird, but it's for a reason.
<Iddy> Actually, since the database just shit the bed, I'll read it now.
<Iddy> I kinda went with a twist on the x-gene type idea. Since it's a natural evolution, it can, logically, be engineered into anyone/thing that has human DNA (with sufficient science), which makes it valuable to certain types.
<Iddy> Governments and military mainly. But a group like CW.. As long as their agents have human DNA, it can be engineered into them. Teleporting tanks.
<Iddy> For example.
<Iddy> But, ultimately, Dune has call on it.
<Iddy> If he wants it changed, I'll change it.
<Kotono> Paste all this in the school gossip topic, I'll read/post about it tomorrow at some point.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Oh, Oh... I almost forgot!  We've got those tickets to Kawazam's next show and that has to be like tonight.  How are we going to get a ticket for Enro in time?  It's gonna be exciting!
Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

I can teleport. All I need is line of sight to an empty area.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

I'm fine with it, I just figured teleportation was rare/non-existent in the world despite other powers being in play.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Just reminder/check: we're totally on for exciting antics on Tuesday right?
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yes, barring last minute mishaps.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

I seem to be leaving the office a bit later than I had hoped.  I will be there though!
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Last two weeks logs up.  We aren't getting behind.

Also new blog up.

Tonight was fun, though it easily could've been way more fun if dune had the energy to play back, but you can't have everything.  Good to have some consecutive sessions going.  Tuesday night as a time is really way easier for me since I'm usually lively after work.

I kind of would like to change the Singing trait to be Soul instead of Mind.  It seems more reasonable.  I originally made it mind because there was no guidance and I figured it'd be broken with me possibly rolling against a high soul all the time, but as the game has progressed, that's barely happened as soul rarely comes up and ACV is my primary roll target.  That and it felt weird struggling to make song stuff happen tonight.  It doesn't feel so bad that I take a few shots to nail folks with a high damage ice attack, but does when I struggled here.

We gonna add traits anytime?  Aisutori wants recouperative cooking so she can make more downtime stuff :P *silly/sleepy*

Anyhow, After some yammer with Iddy over the last weeks, I'm playing up (hopefully subtly) that Aisutori was raised in at least nominal wealth.  It shouldn't likely ever come up as a plot point or as an advantage, but tried to reflect it in not blinking at getting 200 dollar tickets to bring my new friend along to a show.

Aisutori is probably going to be too too excited about having been on such a big stage, maybe she'll forget noriko not understanding what a show is during it.

And my two cents on Iddy's move:  This is too simple a game for moves that have low odds of killing the user.  I think our current 0-10 low damage, 10-20 mid damage, 20-30 high damage is an idealish range for the moment and having non-crit stuff already up there and have a chance of wiping seems a bit extreme :)

but that teleporting hit was still awesome :)
*collapss asleep
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Also I yammered a bit last night, but want to toss in an opinion on another thing:
We should probably have all things that affect enemies be ACV challenges.  If spells should be otherwise outside of it, sure that could be soul, but battle is a terrible time for asking questions.  I'd vote for the roll versus soul in battle thing to be a one off (Yes, I wouldn't mind hitting easier, but the simplicity of how we do it is one of the things that made it easier to be rattling off song lines and attacks yesterday).  It's dune's call but this is largely how its played so far with a short exception anyhow.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

So, last night was kinda a wash.  Glad we got unhooked and moved on, but everyone was out of it including the DM.  Sucky, happens.  Afterwards there was some yammering and I figure I'll put it here:

It'd be good when possible to handle chore stuff on board.  That whole session was 'Teleport out, rest, get powerup'.  It could've been a handful of posts and we could've gotten it done during the last few weeks.

Basically: It's natural once in a while we'll end sessions where the next steps are both obvious and non-exciting.  We shouldn't be afraid to use posts to cover these so that we can keep what sessions we do have to a good flow.  There's been a couple periods where the start of the session is 'half team wait around while other half ask a couple of obvious questions'.  We should try and optimize the group fun time cuz I know I feel guilty when I'm off doing myth stuff while everyone is waiting on me.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

And now, non-meta style: What the heck is team Clear Skies doing next?  Apparently we are hoping to just charge right in and find him again.  I SERIOUSLY hope we can't.  That would be lame.  It'd be like last session was the half-time break before we bring our A game and michael jordon suddenly leads us to a dunking victory against the martians.  We failed to get him.  At the least he should pull out his half dozen minions of 'Fuck you, no more free tackle on the cthulhu'.

I see jin hasn't put his trait up.  Jin, do that.  Weirdly now Aisutori is the tankiest of the group right now.  Kinda odd, but whatever. :)

At the very least, the first step is to Find where he is gonna be now.  Noriko's got our lead there.  He's had days to get out of our trap and get lost in the city.  From there we get to see how hard it will be to give chase to him.  For reference: Aisutori needs a week to get back up to full strength.  Her pool might be a lot deeper than everyone's, but she doesn't fill it any faster and drains it much faster.

Noriko plans to pick up a rocket launcher.  Cool.

Jin plans to pick up ???, something from his grandfather.

I thought I heard Enro was grabbing something.  But it seems like he'd have the same problem with 'pull new shit from nowhere' that Aisutori has.  Worse really, as he doesn't have background allies.  Let him comment on his stuff.

Anyhow, answers from the others.  Is our next objective 'More Firepower'?

What I was asking Ko about last night was if Aisutori goes for 'more firepower' she's kinda limited.  She's got two options:

1)Ask mythic based allies for help.  This is cool, and Aisutori would love to do it.  Teamwork and tapping ancient alliances and all that and hey 'This is how we roll shits, get out of our territory now or we'll give you cement boots'.  Problem?  More NPCs generally doesn't improve things and Narratively, Aisutori is a new kid on the mythical demon block.  Sure, they adore her and are glad to talk with her, but if they were to pitch in, they'd be pitching in as monsters that have way more experience than she does.   If she knew a bunch of teenager mythical types, she'd probably have ended up forming a group with them rather than clear skies anyway.  Sure, she could go follow her grandma's route and get an army of low class ice spirits to help her out with her 'chores' I suppose?    That could work fun, but I think I'd rather have that be a little later thing?  Going and recruiting Aisutori's gang of cute demons!  Either way, that isn't who she'd go to for a fight like this.  She'd go to People Who Would Win The Fight.

anyhow Issue there is that most NPCs she could tap would both be: Adding to character count and Too Strong.  Dune is pretty much on the same wavelength here.

2)Go get training.  She could go study under Grandma Tsurara or train the Fear of the Ice at the Tooni village in the mists.  This would be lots of fun, but also a real time sink.  If the others are doing 'yeah I'm ready in an hour' tasks, it doesn't match.

3)Thinking on it, there's no reason I couldn't go grab magic items, but Aisutori's supporting cast has been far more background so far than either Jin's.  So this might be a bit out of the blue.

Anyhow, I dunno.  I can definitely agree with a 'we should go get more firepower'.  Aistori is extremely marginally more effective at the moment and the only difference would be she wouldn't be out of MP...but this guy can do MP drain as he showed, so that's not much of a notable.  Pretty much the only offensive boon was Noriko's, but stat wise we're pretty identical across the board to what we were when we were getting pounded by him.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Randomness: Huh, in some provences of japan, Yuki onna steal souls.  neat.  They are ghosts of ice, wielding misdirection to take your life and your spirit.

I should do more cheerful blogs! :3
Well, Goodbye.