News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Sailor Moon in 3.5

Started by Anastasia, January 31, 2011, 04:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'm posting these on request. It's a side project of mine when I'm bored, nothing more. Everything here is beta, I'm working out the exact mechanics as I move along. There's no schedule, I do them when I feel like it. Comments and suggestions welcome.

The girls are built using humanoid hit dice and not classes. I'm not even going to try slamming each of them into them, instead they get fiat powers and abilities. They're closer to monsters than PCs in design. I use the  Balmuria houserules for these, the important ones are noted below. After that the typical sailor traits are listed, most of these are summarized by 'senshi traits' in special qualities of each statblock.

If you can't see the stats except for the character name, make sure you're logged in and allowing scripts from Soulriders. The spoiler dropbox requires these to work.

House rules:

Toughness works as improved toughness and you can't stack it.
+2 skill points per level for everyone.
Dodge grants a flat +1 dodge bonus to AC at all times.

Sailor Design Guidelines:

Senshi Attacks

Senshi Attacks are spell-like abilities unless otherwise noted. Unlike normal spell-like abilities, Senshi attacks require verbal and somatic components. They have a caster level equal to the sailor's hit dice. Senshi attacks do not become more powerful as the caster level rises, but it does regulate how they deal with abilities such as dispel magic and spell resistance.

All senshi attack use charisma to determine any relevant DCs.

Sailor Fuku (Su)

The uniform of the Sailor Senshi protects it's wearer, allowing them to dodge much better than they could before. It grants a +3 dodge bonus to armor class.

Magical Girl Grace (Su)

A Sailor Senshi adds her charisma modifier as a deflection bonus to armor class and as a bonus to her saving throws.

Enemy design guidelines:

Dark General Traits:

-Charisma as a deflection bonus to armor class.
-+4 profane bonus to saving throws.
- Damage reduction 5/good.

---

Changelog:

10. Added evasion to Sailor Venus Classic.
9. Jadeite posted, added Dark General traits to the first post.
8. Sailor Jupiter Classic posted.
7: Bumped up Minako's Crescent Beam to 17d4 from 16d4.
6: Sailor Venus Classic posted.
5: Added how to determine caster levels for Sailor Senshi attacks, added caster levels to all the posted girls.
4: Added Kotono from Redux, added short descriptions to the omake characters.
3: Added Eudial SMRPG in Sailor Moon Omakes.
2: Added Sailor Mars SMRPG in Sailor Moon Omakes.
1: Sailor Mars Classic and Sailor Mars R: Doom Tree Arc added.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Sailor Moon Classic

Rei Hino, Sailor Mars.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid(Human)
Hit Dice: 7d8+14+7 (53 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30ft
Armor Class: 22 (+4 dex, +5 deflection, +3 dodge)
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+6
Attack: Mars Fire Soul+10 ranged touch (10d6 fire damage)
Full Attack: Mars Fire Soul+10 ranged touch (10d6 fire damage)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Senshi attacks, ofuda.
Special Qualities: Senshi traits, resistance to fire 10.
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +14, Will +12
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 19, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 20  
Skills:  Concentration+13,  Handle Animal+15, Knowledge(Religion)+11, Perform(Singing)+15, Sense Motive+13, Tumble+14
Feats: Iron Will(H), Ability Focus(Ofuda)(1), Weapon Focus(Senshi Attacks)(3), Toughness(6)
Epic Feats: -
Alignment: Neutral Good

Mars Fire Soul (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Mars may bring her hands together and focus. From this focus a ball of pure flame jets out at it's target. This is treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 40 feet.  A successful strike deals 10d6 points of fire damage. This is the equivalent of a 3rd level spell with a caster level of 7.

Detect Evil (Su)

Due to a lifetime of strict spiritual training and her own innate psychic gifts, Rei has several powerful spiritual abilities.  She may detect evil as a paladin equal to her hit dice. Rei detects all evil within range of detect evil, she need not study a particular direction. She still must spend the normal time concentrating to detect the power of the evil.

Ofuda (Su)

As a standard action, Rei may infuse a paper ofuda with the power to paralyze evil. Once done she can throw them at her target. Treat this as a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet. Creatures so struck are treated as being afflicted by a hold monster spell. A DC 20 will save negates or allows the creature to break free as normal for hold monster.  The save DC is charisma based.

Makoto Kino, Sailor Jupiter.

Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Human)
Hit Dice: 7d8+28+7 (63 hp)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 23 (+5 dex, +4 deflection, +3 dodge, +1 monk)
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+10
Attack: Unarmed strike+10 (1d8+5) or Supreme Thunder+10 (7d8+7 electricity damage)
Full Attack: Unarmed strike+10/+5 (1d8+5) Supreme Thunder+10 (7d8+7 electricity damage)
Special Attacks: Senshi attacks
Special Qualities: Senshi traits, martial arts.
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +15, Will +6
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 18  
Skills: Concentration+14, Intimidate+14, Knowledge(Nature)+10, Profession(Chef)+10, Tumble+15
Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike(H), Toughness(1), Power Attack(3), Improved Initiative(6)
Alignment:  Neutral Good

Supreme Thunder (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Jupiter can call on her patron to bring down the thunder. This is treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 40 feet. A successful strike deals 7d8+7 points of damage. This is the equivalent of a 4th level spell with a caster level of 7.

Martial Arts (Ex)

Makoto is a skilled martial artist, the best of the Sailor Senshi. She gains the unarmed damage and armor class bonus of a monk equal to her hit dice.

Minako Aino, Sailor Venus

Hit Dice: 8d8+8 (40 hp)
Initiative: +6
Armor Class: 26 (+6 dex, +6 deflection, +4 dodge)
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+8
Attack: Venus Crescent Beam+12 ranged touch (16d4 damage)
Full Attack: Venus Crescent Beam+12 ranged touch (16d4 damage)
Special Attacks: Senshi attacks
Special Qualities: Senshi traits, crescent moon compact, transform, evasion.
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +18, Will +8
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 22  
Skills:  Balance+17,  Bluff+17, Concentration+12, Disguise+17(+27 with compact), Tumble+22
Feats: Acrobatic(H), Skill Focus(Tumble)(1), Dodge(3), Swift Tumbler(6)

Venus Crescent Beam (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Venus can unleash a golden laser that slices through metal as easily as air. This is treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 50 feet. A successful strike deals 17d4 points of damage. This is the equivalent of a 4th level spell with a caster level of 8.

Crescent Moon Compact, Transform (Su)

By calling on her compact, Sailor Venus can change her form as per an alter self spell with no maximum duration.

Evasion (Ex)

Minako is possessed of superlative avoidance abilities. If she makes a successful Reflex save against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage.

Dark Kingdom

Jadeite, General of the Far East division of the Dark Kingdom.

Hit Dice: 11d8+88+11 (143 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 30ft, fly 60ft (good)
Armor Class: 22 (+6 dex, +5 deflection, +1 dodge)
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+11
Attack: Dark Lightning+15 ranged touch (10d6 electricity damage)
Full Attack: Dark Lightning+15 ranged touch (10d6 electricity damage)
Special Attacks: Dark lightning, spell-like abilities.
Special Qualities: Dark general traits, dark reflector, damage reduction 5/good, telekinetic mastery.
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +17, Will +8
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 23, Con 26, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 21
Skills: Bluff+19, Concentration+22, Diplomacy+19, Disguise+5, Intimidate+19, Spellcraft+14
Feats: Toughness(H), Dodge(1), Iron Will(3), Improved Initiative(6), Weapon Focus(Dark Lightning)(9)
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Spell-like abilities: At will- charm person, deep slumber, disguise self, greater teleport(self plus 50 pounds only), mirage arcana, telekinesis. Caster level 11th. The save DCs are charisma based.

Dark Barrier (Su)

As a standard action, Jadeite can summon a glassy field of force that can stop blows. This field lasts as long as Jadeite concentrates, protecting him from all sources of damage. It functions as per a wall of force, with the following exceptions: It takes damage normally, collapsing if it takes 100 points of damage in a single round. Should his barrier be destroyed, he cannot reform it for 1 minute.

Dark Lightning (Sp)

As a standard action, Jadeite can cause unholy lightning to devastate his foes. This is a treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet. A successful strike deals 10d6 points of damage.  This is the equivalent of a 3rd level spell with a caster level of 11.

Telekinetic Mastery (Su)

Jadeite is a master of telekinetic combat, the best in Dark Kingdom history. His weight limit for every function of his telekinesis spell-like ability is multiplied by 1000. In addition he can apply separate telekinetic force on up to three targets at one time, each with their own separate weight limit.

Dark General Traits:

-Charisma as a deflection bonus to armor class.
-+4 profane bonus to saving throws.
- Damage reduction 5/good.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sailor Moon R, Doom Tree Arc.

Rei Hino, Sailor Mars.

Hit Dice: 9d8+18+9 (67 hp)
Initiative: +4
Armor Class: 23 (+4 dex, +5 deflection, +4 dodge)
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+7
Attack: Mars Fire Soul+11 ranged touch (10d6 fire damage) or Mars Fire Soul Bird+11 ranged touch (15d6 fire damage)
Full Attack: Mars Fire Soul+11 ranged touch (10d6 fire damage)  or Mars Fire Soul Bird+11 ranged touch (15d6 fire damage)
Special Attacks: Senshi attacks, ofuda.
Special Qualities: Senshi traits, resistance to fire 20.
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +15, Will +13
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 19, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 21  
Skills:  Concentration+15,  Handle Animal+17, Knowledge(Religion)+13, Perform(Singing)+17, Sense Motive+15, Tumble+16
Feats: Iron Will(H), Ability Focus(Ofuda)(1), Weapon Focus(Senshi Attacks)(3), Toughness(6), Dodge(9)

Mars Fire Soul (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Mars may bring her hands together and focus. From this focus a ball of pure flame jets out at it's target. This is treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 40 feet.  A successful strike deals 10d6 points of fire damage. This is the equivalent of a 3rd level spell with a caster level of 9.

Mars Fire Soul Bird (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailors Mars can channel her Fire Soul through the spiritual power of an ofuda. This forges it into a phoenix deadset on burning it's target to ashes. This is treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 60 feet. A successful strike deals 15d6 points of fire damage. In addition, the Fire Soul Bird can correct it's course in flight. This allows it to ignore the miss chance from cover and concealment. This is the equivalent of a 4th level spell with a caster level of 9..

Detect Evil (Su)

Due to a lifetime of strict spiritual training and her own innate psychic gifts, Rei has several powerful spiritual abilities.  She may detect evil as a paladin equal to her hit dice. Rei detects all evil within range of detect evil, she need not study a particular direction. She still must spend the normal time concentrating to detect the power of the evil.

Ofuda (Su)

As a standard action, Rei may infuse a paper ofuda with the power to paralyze evil. Once done she can throw them at her target. Treat this as a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet. Creatures so struck are treated as being afflicted by a hold monster spell. A DC 20 will save negates or allows the creature to break free as normal for hold monster.  The save DC is charisma based.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sailor Moon R, Dark Moon Arc.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sailor Moon, Crystal Tokyo.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sailor Moon, omake

Rei Hino, Sailor Mars.

Sailor Mars from the Sailor Moon RP. I did her up as a mechanics test using Season 1 Rei as a baseline.  I don't intend to convert Sailor Moon RPG mechanics to this, but I did in this case for the heck of it. Primarily it's the power level I'm aiming for for the Sailor Moon Stars arc; I wanted to see how things shaped out. Most of the mechanics work fine, though the base +3 dodge of the Sailor fuku gets upgraded. I figure each transformation ups it.

This Rei is from the Sailor Moon RPG.  Near the end of the Dark Kingdom arc, she made psychic contact with Metallia, attempting to hold her at bay. This experience shattered her mind, turning her into a twisted mockery that set Tokyo to burn. She was saved by her friends and began the long road to recovery. She underwent many trials, but in the end she found love and forgiveness for her past sins.

Hit Dice: 24d8+144+22 (264 hp)
Initiative: +13
Speed: 30ft, fly 60ft (good)
Armor Class: 42 (+9 dex, +12 dodge, +11 deflection )
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+20
Attack: Mars Fire Soul+27 ranged touch (10d6 fire damage) or Mars Snake Fire+27 (25d6 fire damage) or Mars Star Inferno+27 (40d6 fire damage x3 and special)
Full Attack: Mars Fire Soul+27 ranged touch (10d6 fire damage)  or Mars Snake Fire+27 (25d6 fire damage) or Mars Star Inferno+27 (40d6 fire damage x3 and special)
Special Attacks: Senshi attacks, ofuda, elemental control.
Special Qualities: Senshi traits, immunity to fire, divine relationship.
Saves: Fort +25, Ref +34, Will +24
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 28, Con 22, Int 15, Wis 24, Cha 32  
Skills:  (Omitted due to being a mechanics test)
Feats: Iron Will(H), Ability Focus(Ofuda)(1), Weapon Focus(Senshi Attacks)(3), Toughness(6), Dodge(9), Empower Spell-like ability(Fire Soul)(12), Improved Initiative(15), Empower Spell-like ability(Mars Snake Fire)(18)
Epic Feats: Epic Dodge(21), Great Charisma(24)

Spell-like abilities: At will-Astral projection, greater teleport, telekinesis. Caster level 24th. The save DCs are charisma based.

Elemental Control (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Mars can control the element of fire. She may emulate any spell of 5th level or less with the fire descriptor.

Divine Relationship (Su)

Sailor Mars is protected by the spirits of her temple. Twice per day, Sailor Mars can reroll a die roll. She must accept the second die roll, no matter the result.

Mars Fire Soul (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Mars may bring her hands together and focus. From this focus a ball of pure flame jets out at it's target. This is treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 40 feet.  A successful strike deals 10d6 points of fire damage. This is the equivalent of a 3rd level spell with a caster level of 24.

Mars Snake Fire (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Mars may summon a great serpent of flame to immolate her foes. This is treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 80 feet. A successful strike deals 25d6 points of fire damage. This is the equivalent of a 7th level spell with a caster level of 24.

Mars Star Inferno (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Mars may bring the raw flames of a star to destroy all in her way. This is treated as a ranged touch attack with a range of 160 feet. A successful strike deals 40d6 points of fire damage, dealing triple damage on a successful critical hit. For 1 round after this attack is used, Sailor Mars recovers hit points for any fire damage she nullified at a 1 for 1 rate. For example, if Sailor Mars took 10 damage from a burning hands spell, she would recover 10 hit points. This is the equivalent of an 11th level spell with a caster level of 24.

Detect Evil (Su)

Ofuda (Su)

As a standard action, Rei may infuse a paper ofuda with the power to paralyze evil. Once done she can throw them at her target. Treat this as a ranged touch attack with a range of 30 feet. Creatures so struck are treated as being afflicted by a hold monster spell. A DC 35 will save negates or allows the creature to break free as normal for hold monster.  The save DC is charisma based.

Eudial

Another mechanics test. I used SMRPG Eudial to see what a mid-series boss should look like. The Sailors are around 14-15 HD when the fight Eudial as of my notes right now. Her skills are incomplete, though I did try adapting some d20 modern to cover them. The Deathbusters need these, as they're focused so much on science.

This Eudial was far luckier than her canon counterpart. She became friends with Rei when she transferred to the Infinity Academy, and further once Rei became the last member of the Witches 6. Through her friendship with Rei the two threw off the controls Mistress 9 placed on them, regaining humanity and ultimately provoking the purification of the Deathbusters. She now serves Princess Serenity, working to restore the Moon Kingdom with the rest of the Deathbusters.

Hit Dice: 21d8+126+21 (231 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 35ft
Armor Class: 32 (+6 dex, +7 dodge, +9 deflection)
Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+16
Attack: Flame Buster mk 3+22 ranged touch (25d6 fire damage or gunk)
Full Attack: Flame Buster mk 3+22 ranged touch (25d6 fire damage or gunk)
Special Attacks: Flame Buster mk 3
Special Qualities: Death buster traits.
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +21, Will +10
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 22, Con 22, Int 29, Wis 12, Cha 20  
Skills: Concentration+30, Craft(Chemicals)+33, Craft(Mechanical)+36, Disable Device+33, Drive+64, Knowledge(Arcana)+33, Knowledge(Technology)+33, (7)
Feats: Skill Focus(Craft: Mechanical)(H), Toughness(1), Skill Focus(Drive)(3), Ability Focus(Flame Buster mk 3)(6), Weapon Focus(Flame Buster mk 3)(9), Magical Aptitude(12), Improved Initiative(15), Dash(18)
Epic Feats: Epic Skill Focus(Drive)(21)
Alignment: Chaotic Good (Chaotic Neutral tendencies)

Flame Buster mk 3 (Sp)

As a standard action, Eudial can fire off her Flame Buster. This channels great torrents of flame that can be used in one of three ways.

Focused Fire: This attack targets a single enemy, functioning as a ranged touch attack with a range of 100 feet.  On a successful hit, this deals 25d6 points of fire damage.

Spread Fire: This attack deals damage in a 20 ft radius. Each creature within takes 15d6 points of fire damage. A reflex save(DC 30) halves this damage.

Gunk Cannon: In addition to it's fire properties, Eudial's Fire Buster can fire out a stream of sticky gunk. This requires a ranged touch attack. If hit, the target is considered pinned. A DC 30 strength check or Escape Artist check allows the gunk to be escaped. Otherwise, water will dissolve the gunk in three rounds. Further, fire will burn away the gunk in one round. However, this makes the gunk act as napalm, doubling the fire damage the target would normally take. The napalm effect continues to burn for two rounds after on the victim, dealing one half of the damage taken on the first round.

The save DCs are intelligence based. This is equivalent to a 7th level spell with a caster level of 21.

Death Buster Traits (Ex)

Technically these wouldn't apply to this Eudial, but for the sake of mechanical balance let's say they do. I'd give them roughly the equivalent of this in good guy powers if I ran SMRPG in 3.5, so whatever.

Death Buster Uniform: This uniform is enchanted by science to provide superior dodging ability, granting a +7 dodge bonus to armor class.

Pharaoh 90's Blessing: The protection of Pharaoh 90 grants Eudial her intelligence modifier as a deflection bonus to armor class. In addition she gains a +3 bonus to saving throws.

Gifted Driver (Su)

Eudial's magic with machinery allows her to drive with extreme skill. She gains a competence bonus to drive checks equal to her hit dice. Further, she cannot crash short of legitimate mechanical failure or sabotage. Under normal circumstances, no matter how poorly the situation goes, she will not crash out.

Kotono Sarashina, Sailor Pluto.

My third and hopefully final mechanics test. I wanted to see how a mid series Sailor would look like, so I dragged up Kotono. I also chose her since I knew converting her would be more challenging, as her abilities don't cleanly fit into 3.5. I think the status effects on her Senshi attacks are a bit too nasty, but it's a mechanics test so fuck it. I'm not 100% happy with how she turned out, but that's okay.

Kotono is from Sailor Moon Redux. She's Rei's friend from T&A; Setsuna foisted off the Pluto powers on her so she could at last have a normal life. Using the crystal shards from Earth, the mantle of Pluto was at last passed on. Both girls got their wish: Setsuna gained freedom, Kotono gained supernatural powers that she had long since been fascinated by.

Hit Dice: 15d8+75 (135 hp)
Initiative: +15
Speed: 35ft
Armor Class: 31 (+6 dex, +8 deflection, +7 dodge)
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+11
Attack: Pluto Time Typhoon+17 ranged touch (15d6 damage) or Pluto Time and Space Compression+17 (20d6 damage)
Full Attack: Pluto Time Typhoon+17 ranged touch (15d6 damage) or Pluto Time and Space Compression+17 (20d6 damage)
Special Attacks: Senshi attacks.
Special Qualities: Senshi traits.
Saves: Fort +18, Ref +23, Will +15
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 22, Con 20, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 26
Skills:Concentration+23, Knowledge(Arcane)+22, Knowledge(Nature)+22, Knowledge(The Planes)+22, Knowledge(Religion)+22, Perform(Oratory(Motormouth))+26, Spellcraft+22, Tumble+24, Use Magic Device+26
Feats: Iron Will(H), Improved Initiative(1), Quick Reconnoiter(3), Dash(6), Ability Focus(Pluto Time and Space Compression)(9), Dodge(12), Empower Spell-like ability(Pluto Time Typhoon)(15)
Epic Feats:
Alignment: Neutral Good (Chaotic Good tendencies)

Time Mastery (Su)

Sailor Pluto is immune to time distortion of all types, unless she wishes to allow them to function on her. This includes slow, haste, temporal stasis and even time stop or any other temporal effect. A time stop effect used with her in battle fizzles unless Pluto wishes otherwise. In addition, Sailor Pluto benefits from a +3 bonus to initiative.

Pluto Timespeed (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Pluto may hasten herself and up to 4 allies. This functions as a haste spell, except that it grants a +2 bonus to attack rolls, dodge bonus to armor class and bonus to reflex saves.

Pluto Time Typhoon (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Pluto may unleash a pure maelstrom of time energy. This is a ranged touch attack with a range of 80 feet. It deals 15d6 damage. Further, the victim must make a will save (DC 25) or be affected as by a slow spell for 15 rounds. Passing the save does not reduce the damage, it only negates the slow effect. This is equivalent to an 6th level spell with a caster level of 15. The save DC is charisma based.

Pluto Time and Space Compression (Sp)

As a standard action, Sailor Pluto may contort time and space around in a 20ft radius. This deals 20d6 damage, with a reflex save (DC 27) to halve this damage. In addition, those who fail the reflex save are stunned for 1 round. The save DC is charisma based. This is equivalent to an 8th level spell with a caster level fo 15.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sailor Venus Classic has been posted.

I struggled with Venus more than the others, particularly her feats, skills and Crescent Beam. Despite being the most experienced Senshi of the group, Venus has her Crescent Beam and not much else. So I added her compact transformations to give her a little something more, though I don't recall if she ever uses it in Sailor Moon proper.  Feedback welcome.

As an aside, she's one level over Rei(And will be over Ami and Makoto) due to being more experienced. This will fall away in time, as the other Sailors get more hands on work in later arcs.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Surprised you didn't go with some Bardic leadershiplike bonus.  +Morale to nearby enemies along the lines of emphasizing her 'leader of the inner scounts' deal.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

She never really does anything like that, though. Usagi almost always leads, and for inspiration there's Tuxedo Mask. It does drive home the point that Minako tends to be redundant. Blonde? Usagi has that. Transformation? Usagi has a disguise pen of her own. Inspiration? Tux does it.  Cat? Usagi already has Luna. Leading? Usagi does that.

It doesn't help that Minako is a a near non-entity in season 1. She comforts Usagi in one episode, has a broken heart in another and then dies.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Does she ever get out of Usagi's shadow?  Fanfic usually only ups her game if she's silver millenium venus.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Not really, no. The 4 sailors tend to take a back seat to the seasonal attention sponge save for an episode devoted to each. (Chibi Usa in R, Haruka/Michiru in S, Chibi Usa in SuperS and the Starlights in Supers.) Minako ends up zany, which is really just a remix of Usagi.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.