News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Pictures thread

Started by Anastasia, March 01, 2011, 09:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

For images of shit going on and of various NPCs.

I don't usually bother with pictures, since I find them to be difficult to match up or generally limiting. In a few cases one does click and it's worth sharing them when they do.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Branna/Noel, in honor of their brave sacrifices. I always imagined them as scruffy, ill shaven rogue types. The sort that you see a dozen of in a guild, with quick daggers and loose morals. Neither of them are crossbowmen, but they're the sort who will use whatever weapon they like to waylay you. Badrach/Badluck just clicks for that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sylvie's harder.  She doesn't neatly fall into any one category and I had a lot of 'close but not quite it' images. So here are the best ones I've found.

I hate her facial expression but almost everything else fits. She looks a little too young to be Sylvie.

Queen Sylvie, down to having books with her. I really, really hate her face in this one, even more than the last one. Maybe I'm just particular with faces, I dunno! Also she looks pretty flat in this image, though it could just be the style or dress.

I like the face more on this one - it's not quite right but it's better than the others - but the rest is only so-so. Plus I really like this image on it's own merits.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

An alternate take on Sylvie:
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Cor, are you having problems with imageshack? If so, does this link work better?

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on March 02, 2011, 01:17:56 AM
An alternate take on Sylvie:

I like it except for the braid. Sylvie's room is more books and less knick-knacks, but the concept is dead on and she looks older. I like it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Balyss. This image gets almost everything right. I tend to imagine her with shorter hair, though I'm not sure if this has been said IC or not. Further I don't quite like the eye color, but it's close enough and I don't think I ever mentioned her eye color anyway.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hrist from Valkyrie Profile. I freely admit I stole her design for the Valkyrie.  I think the dark/bloody tones of that image suit her the Valkyrie to a T, don't you?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Alternate for Balyss? With shorter hair, similar type of dress as your other pic, and non-red eyes.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I was trying to find some pics of Brent/Olan when I stumbled on that one.

Olan's pretty hard to find something for though, not a lot of good looking bearded old men.

I was looking for something with a beard, looked old, a bit of receding hairline, blonde or white hair, and a slightly regal/crafty look, and maybe a scar or two. Brent I was looking for something blonde, youthful (since Andrea is 18/almost-19 and he should be pretty close in age), and kinda cocky, with medium/long hair.

Image is a bit older than I was looking for, more mid/late-20s, but has the general feel of what I was expecting from Brent (Apparently my mental image was Kurz from FMP or something, cause this guy looks remarkably like him). Maybe he can grow into this look if he lives long enough this time?

Olan was a lot harder, closest I could find sadly was Askeladd from Vinland Saga, he kinda fit most of what I was looking for. Of course, he's REALLY not what one would consider 'father' material, nor particular regal/charming a fellow. Still, it was a close enough match and I figured I'd try to look for more pics of him for perhaps something better:

Doing a bit of searching for perhaps a better pic of Askeladd did net this little gem though, which has Thorfinn and Askeladd, and Thorfinn looks somewhat like Brent to boot:

Anastasia

Lyris. She uses darts instead of guns and doesn't own sunglasses, but otherwise the comparison is apt. Yes, that's the Baroness from the GI Joe movie.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Andrea? Ironic I find a picture for her today of all days.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Coherent replies are good! Replies that are bad memes from 4chan are bad!

Andrea and then Lyris.
<Afina> Forever.