News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Incidental Chargen Coordination

Started by Carthrat, March 13, 2011, 09:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

I noticed you guys picked up potions of Haste. I'm gonna know Haste and can make scrolls of it, so I can just show up with a few scrolls as well as having it prepped. It'll be about a million times more efficient since casting it is multitarget and cheaper to boot.

Also, I'm gonna pick up Flame Arrows, so if Eb wants I can prep that for him too.

How else can our total strangers have such complimentary abilities?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

How about heals? If we're actually prepping this part as a team, I can free up the cash for a wand or five....
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

Thinking just regular heals, or picking up specialty stuff too? (stone to flesh, remove paralysis, remove disease, etc)

Corwin

I scoff at them, as indicated by not caring about traps. Just regular heals, though Eb's got the right idea about restorations.

Sierra

Figured I may as well put this here since it's vaguely related and why start a brand new thread, right? My initial plan for the first session was to have everyone gathered before the king and given the mission before marching off to Mistvalken itself, but it occurred to me that it might save time to do that PbP-style while I'm ploughing through all the formal prepwork. Cor was already asking me (partly for chargen purposes) about what kind of creatures are usually seen doing all the kidnapping, which is information I'd planned on doling out first session, so I thought there might be some value in posting that beforehand and I think this way it has the added benefit of letting you all find your voice a little before the actual sessions start (which is surely weeks off anyway). And this way if there's extra time (likely will be) you can interact a little and work a little on a group dynamic before actually diving into any fights. Thoughts?

Carthrat

Corwin

Carthrat

Oh, I also had a question- since we're not using alignments, would that include nixing stuff like Holy weapons? I ask because I figured just about everything in the castle would count as evil (hence my selection), but can figure out some other gear- actually bane would probably be more appropriate (but do outsiders exist, and thus evil-outisder bane weapons/what would demons fall under anyway?) And so on.

Ebiris

Flame arrow is pro, since it stacks with already flaming weapons. I'll relook at my inventory tonight, and I can maybe add in a few more helpful spells by sacrificing hp as my favoured class bonus.

PbP before the game starts properly could be fun, but the background I'm building for my guy isn't appropriate for him to take his time strolling into the king's castle for a mission briefing before heading to Mistvalken. He's a feared member of the church's secret police who's spent the last 3 decades waiting for this chance, circumstances conspiring to have Mistvalken reappear far away from him on its previous returns to prevent him from assaulting it. He's getting old, and knows it might be his last chance when it appears close to the capital, so he'll blow off absolutely everything to get in that castle without a second's delay or hesitation.

Carthrat

We could meet him en-route? I figure the king can have his court mage Teleport us closer (presumably there's stuff at work preventing people just teleporting in/out/around the castle proper) and we could meet up in Ye Olde GrimeDarke Village.

In fact if we take that angle then he has every reason to show up there. <_<

Corwin

Sure. We get the info we need, while at the same time Eb's character doesn't need to be held up at the briefing against his will. Sounds like win-win to me.

VySaika

So I've been chatting with Cid, and if this game happens on the Friday 1pm-4pm(PST) slot, I'll be happy to join in the fun.

Char idea that's been kicking around in my head the most is a Summoner, which iirc someone here has played before and I wouldn't mind poking for some ideas and getting a better handle on how the Eidolon works.(Rogue is my backup if summoner feels like it'd be more bookkeeping then it's worth at the end of it.)

Of course if the Sat slot is better for you all then it's moot and ignore me~ But throwing this out here just to let people know there's a chance you'll have a 4th.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Ebiris

For reference, I enjoy sleep/GFprep early on Saturday, so the Friday slot does suit me most.

Carthrat

I'm good with either.

The Eidolon scales stupidly good. Stack as many natural attacks as you can, and get the size modification and the energy weapons modification. Distribute remaining evolution points as you see fit. You'll essentially create a giant brute that can slaughter the opposition, especially when you start casting buffs on it.

And if it dies, who cares? You've got a ton more summons you can cast to replace it that'll last for 10 minutes each, and they're SLAs to boot, so you should have a sufficient amount of fodder for any dungeoncrashing needs. Summoner's pretty much the most hax class in PF all the way through the early and mid levels, only losing out very slightly to primary casters later on.

VySaika

<Hatbot>  [5d6=6, 3, 5, 1, 5] -> 16
<Hatbot>  [5d6=4, 5, 3, 6, 6] -> 17
<Hatbot>  [5d6=2, 4, 1, 2, 1] -> 8
<Hatbot>  [5d6=4, 4, 2, 3, 5] -> 13
<Hatbot>  [5d6=6, 2, 6, 3, 4] -> 16
<Hatbot>  [5d6=2, 3, 1, 2, 3] -> 8
<Hatbot> Gate-MOARCLEANING: 17, 16, 16, 13, 8, 8

Just throwing this in here to keep it handy. Should have my char made within the next couple days.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks