News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random manga chatter

Started by Dracos, May 12, 2011, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/maoyuu_maou_yuusha/ I missed an update of this!  Not quite as awesome as normal, but romantic tension added!
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Quote from: Dracos on November 10, 2011, 02:01:54 AM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/maoyuu_maou_yuusha/ I missed an update of this!  Not quite as awesome as normal, but romantic tension added!
That was actually really enjoyable, Drac. Reminds me a bit of Shina Dark.

Dracos

*looks up* Missed your answer before, but yeah, I'm a big fan of maoyuu maou yuusha.  It's awesome.

Been doing a reread of Ippo.  Almost up to the Bryan Hawk fight.  It's definitely more obvious to me these days what merc used to complain on where weight control is all over the place with the art style.  Really, Takamura needs to struggle for weight control when he's only like an inch taller than bryan hawk and they have similar scale?

Kind of a little disappointed with one bit on One Piece's latest couple chapters, namingly that Hoji isn't dead.  "Didn't Luffy punch through his spine and tear a hole right through him?  Why is he alive to suffer miserably at all?"  I dunno, it seems like they're continuing to go with an Luffy's fist never kills people motif.  Other people can murder and kill people but not Luffy.

Seems like they are setting up bad guys to be more brutal.  I'm not sure what they're doing with Blackbeard.  An Ability Hunt?  Can they really take other abilities too?  Even if they can, why?  Putting Akainu as the actual successor instead  of Aokinoji was kind of a twist.  So they've kind of removed all sympathy at the top end of the marines and turned them into a much more brutal army.  I wonder if there will be an off-split marines with the good characters from it, so they can be opposed as a more 'only evil' standpoint.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Kt3

That series still manages to pleasantly surprise me.  I thought it was going to start derailing into generic harem antics with all the love interests, but it's kept my attention so far and actually seems to be progressing.

I honestly didn't expect it to go this direction from the first chapter.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Kt3

Gonna have to start tracking Denpa Kyoushi.

It's like GTO, with more otaku flavoring, fanservice, and a different brand of humor.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/denpa_kyoushi/
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Merc

It's alright so far, but nothing really special either. Then again, only six chapters are out, so it's hard to really judge it more.

It's by Azuma Takeshi though, aka Kimigabuchi (guy best known for Re-TAKE), and I've liked a lot of his stuff before, so I'll keep following it for a while at least.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

thepanda

Merc

...Yes, that too. >_>

Some other doujins he did: Code Eros and Ja Ja Ja Japan.

For manga, he's also written Super Dreadnaught Girl and a oneshot manga that I don't think ever got translated.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Grahf

There's a lot of recommendations in here I'll have to look at, but that won't stop me from adding to the pile:

Bartender (Due warning, the series isn't fully translated and the most prominent translator of it seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth making me sad in the process)

Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku better known as The Legend of Koizumi, better known as that one manga where all the world leaders play mahjong and it is business most serious. Seems to be on a bit of a hiatus at the moment, but I'm guessing it'll start back up soon.

Dracos

Huh, I was sure Legend of Koizumu had finished, neat that it hadn't,
Spoiler: ShowHide
even though the protagonist is dead
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

We need to update your custom title, Captain Spoiler.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Ah, fine, but that was like a year ago. 
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Grant me my petty amusements. :3
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Grahf

I was just as surprised to see the manga continue, given the circumstances. Since this
Spoiler: ShowHide
new protagonist looks to be his son (illegitimate or otherwise), and given that we probably haven't seen the last of the Moon Nazis I guess it makes sense.