Main Menu

Random manga chatter

Started by Dracos, May 12, 2011, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Yeah, I read.  Fuck him. 

It even had an anti-ippo moment. 

Spoiler: ShowHide

Saeki pulling out guts, demanding that someone brave enough to face Ippo at least passes through...and then is beaten anyway.  Really?

Lame complete.y
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

So Itagaki beat Ippo's time! And now it looks like he might fight Miyata before Ippo!

When did the mangaka start hating Ippo again?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

-_- Yeah, gotta wonder.  Ippo of course acts entirely unaware, but it's like every scene Itakagi's been in has been a love letter to him and a hate letter for Ippo.  Seriously, getting rewarded over and over again?

And itakagi's dad again takes screen time to show off being a petty ass.  "Yeah, I'm not gonna cheer for his gym-mates".  Really?  was that supposed to be funny?  It's just transformed his character in my mind from being a pun driven poor guy desperately hoping his son strikes it rich to just being a petty jackass.

And I suspect he'll have the two senpai lose, which will only further reward Itakagi, instead of at least of at least having Shino come into his own as a trainer.

Seriously, at this point it's hard to like anyone cheering for Itakagi.  He's totally the villian of the last arc, for as much as he's the front and center character.  He's basically a boxer who leaves shattered dreams and regret behind him as he gets more and more sun.  And he doesn't do it by working hard, but by natural talent and jokes.

It kinda makes me want to avoid the manga really :(
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Ninja Lostar

http://www.mangareader.net/its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular

The type of manga that grabbed my attention from the first couple pages. Hehe.

Think a more demented Konata Izumi, and there you have this manga's protagonist.

Arakawa

I remember Other Worlds than These [1] had a plot twist near the end that incidentally explained why Konata managed to have lots of friends and be cute and athletic, in spite of being a complete demented otaku.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5780603/1/Other_Worlds_Than_These

The girl in the manga is like Konata Izumi, only without that plot twist.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

thepanda

Quote from: Ninja Lostar on April 20, 2012, 06:27:09 AM
http://www.mangareader.net/its-not-my-fault-that-im-not-popular

The type of manga that grabbed my attention from the first couple pages. Hehe.

Think a more demented Konata Izumi, and there you have this manga's protagonist.

I remember reading this up to the point where they introduce the friend from middle school.

I found it too depressing to continue after that. >_>

Arakawa

I made it to about Ch. 15. Besides making nerds feel bad about themselves, what is the purpose of this exactly?
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Ninja Lostar

Heck if I know. I still never figured out what Kaworu Watashiya (Kodomo no Jikan) wanted to accomplish with her tale. Massive controversy perhaps? Then again, she achieved that ages ago..

thepanda

Decided to catch up on Naruto.

I see any part of the story with Sasuke in it is still fated to be shit.

Dracos

Huh.  Following the SJAlpha releases, and we'll hasn't seemed that bad?  Just sort of a silly fight so far.  Also it seems to suggest an asspull that will involve for a non-murderous fiend sasuke.  Meeh.

Snakeman's backstory was lame and ridiculous.  Really?  He's a kid superspy?  And yet he was still qualified as a genin to the village who had him trained as such?

Hum.

Not enough Youkai Mafia.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

What's Youkai Mafia?

And yeah, backstory was WTF? The mission they needed done was so important they had to send the best but also decided to send a kid with no training at all just because?

Plus, and this may just be all the fanfiction I've read talking, but are Danzo and Orochimaru really overplayed at this point? I know Orochimaru had to factor into his backstory, but at this point it seems like Konoha only turned out the way it did because three people were dicks.

Dracos

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan.

Sengoku Youku updated recently too, which was neat, but didn't really get far.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Quote from: thepanda on April 24, 2012, 06:42:38 PM
What's Youkai Mafia?

And yeah, backstory was WTF? The mission they needed done was so important they had to send the best but also decided to send a kid with no training at all just because?

Plus, and this may just be all the fanfiction I've read talking, but are Danzo and Orochimaru really overplayed at this point? I know Orochimaru had to factor into his backstory, but at this point it seems like Konoha only turned out the way it did because three people were dicks.

That is really how the author seems to play it?  It's really stupid, but that's not new for Naruto.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

http://slide.extrascans.net/reader/series/maoyuu_maou_yuusha/ has updated.

It was amazing.  Big Sis Maid was cool.

This is my favorite presently continuing manga now.
Well, Goodbye.