News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Random manga chatter

Started by Dracos, May 12, 2011, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar

Birdy the Mighty is ending. I should catch up again.
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

thepanda

Chaptert 285 of Oh! My Goddess. Shocking, but it makes so much sense. o_O

Dracos

Hajime may be possibly turning itself around?  Lots of bullshit lately, but perhaps it will focus on Comic Relief's rise to the top.

It'll be weird.  This time around they really can't pull that angle.  One or both of them have to make champion or it'll be stupid.  At the same time...4 national champs as the main cast?  And Obnoxious Lad?
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

On one hand...

Ippo is just finishing its worst series of chapters.  From the woli fight onward it has been atrocious.

On the other hand...

Ippo-Going for upward facing fights finally?
Comedy Duo: Out for revenge in a fashion that pretty much means beating the national champion?
ObnoxiousGenius: Being encouraged from all corners to leave the gym and fight ippo (and die).

I hope it swings around.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

and die
and die
and die
and die
and die

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Merc

I think Panda was just extending the mantra regarding the obnoxious genius, Drac =p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Aren't you tempting fate by saying it that many times?

(and die)

:)  Heh, I missed that.  Thanks for pointing out.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Naruto managed a further Jump the Shark then I thought was doable in a 'Zombie Apocolypse' setting with Orochimaru back alive.

The Great Evil... Incompetent Uchiha.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Is that any worse than 'all the best fights are happening off screen' Bleach?

Dracos

Quote from: thepanda on August 30, 2012, 07:36:00 PM
Is that any worse than 'all the best fights are happening off screen' Bleach?

Yes.

But Bleach is pretty incredibly bad too!
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Quote from: Dracos on August 30, 2012, 06:48:31 PM
Naruto managed a further Jump the Shark then I thought was doable in a 'Zombie Apocolypse' setting with Orochimaru back alive.

The Great Evil... Incompetent Uchiha.

So... if I were to start reading Naruto, what would be a good point at which to stop reading? (I.e. where any payoff is not worth slogging through the escalating tedium?)
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

I recommend (as I always do), the Improved version of Naruto.

http://soulriders.net/brian/fanfic/motivation/

Sure, it has less pictures, but it also involves a genuinely more consistent ninja cast.

Personally, there's a lot of the Naruto manga I've never bothered to read.  If it wasn't showing up next to my One Piece and Fairy Tail, I still wouldn't be bothering as a lot of the early stuff drags hard.  There are individual arcs that in a self-contained way are possibly worth slogging through, but I think overall, Fanfiction has provided dramatically better takes on those.

Truthfully, just reading the early bits and the Chuunin arc gives context for 90 percent of fanfic out there.  Almost nobody writes about The World Ninja War.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Immediately after the Pain Invasion arc. No Sasuke. Impressive fight. Naruto finally growing into The Hero.

Everything after that is varying degrees of bullshit.

thepanda

QuoteAlmost nobody writes about The World Ninja War.

A combination of wanting to change things early on and WNW being complete and utter rubbish?