News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Random manga chatter

Started by Dracos, May 12, 2011, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Quote from: Merc on July 03, 2013, 11:45:42 PM
http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/scientia-r9395

Only two chapters of this right now, but it was kind of nice and to read these short sci-fi stories. The summary made me expect a 'bad end', with science going bad and the protagonist of the stories getting fucked by it, but they're actually pretty nice.

Normally, when the first two things that happen in a story are an explicit warning against hubris and a creepy experimental surgery, the next step is usually tragedy, not "improve your life by having a positive attitude."

Merc

Yep, that's why it was a nice surprise which way the story went.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Empyrean

Quote from: Brian on July 06, 2013, 08:02:33 PM
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/180622/quick-start_v1_ch1_by_tg-scanlations

Forgot who linked it, but this was amusing.
I did. It's a pretty new project, apparently the /tg/ guys at 4chan took an interest and are doing the scanlation.

Also, Sachi is a kindred spirit.

Grahf

I found something quite unique, at least to me.

Regarding Death

It's a short series (about 25 in total, and I've only just read two) of comics that deal with people dying and meeting a person on the other side. Is this person God, is he Death? Perhaps it doesn't even ultimately matter.

What makes this series stick out is that there is a piece of background music that accompanies each strip, which lends a certain weight and flow to each individual chapter.

It doesn't look like it's going to be a long read, but if you're curious then check out a strip or two with the BGM enabled.

It's read left to right, by the way, just in case you decide to give it a try.

Dracos

Reread Chibi-Vampire (or Karin).  Sad-happy is sad-happy.  Poor Karin.
Well, Goodbye.

Grahf

Maou Yuusha updated, now with 100% more demons, including
Spoiler: ShowHide
robots that are really tiny women.

Empyrean

Jason_Miao

I've been following Dead Sorceror's City for awhile.  Link goes to forum that has both download and reader links.

Magic has been discovered, and is so prevelant that you can even download spells on your phone.

The story revolves around a red robed vigilante ChaCrimson Robe that doesn't need to use technology to cast spells, and a detective that hates magic.

Grahf

You might remember when I linked Koe no Katachi a couple months back. At the time it was a one-shot but was being serialized eventually. Well,

Chapter 1

It looks like it isn't picking up where the one-shot left off, it's going to elaborate on the past a lot more. Nishimiya is only introduced at the end of this chapter, which focuses on Ishida and his personality as an impulsive, headstrong young boy. There's also more on his background, like that he lives with his sister, who's a hair dresser who apparently has an endless string of boyfriends.

I'm not sure how many chapters this elaboration will end up taking, or if it's actually the entire point of the series -- I'd be somewhat disappointed if that was the case and they only got to the same ending after more chapters -- granted this long way around will flesh out more characters and maybe make some of them more sympathetic. The thing about that is the original kind of relied on everyone being unsympathetic to both Nishimiya and Ishida on various levels, so by fleshing everyone out I'm wondering if the impact will be lost.

Seeing where it goes, I suppose.

Dracos

Quote from: Merc on June 25, 2013, 11:03:05 PM
It also has some scenes of Itagaki being an arrogant lazy ass, which is unfortunate. What are the chances he'll actually lose and Imai will take the belt? (Probably pretty low, sadly)

Imai took the belt!

Itakawho lost~ :P

Now it just needs to follow up with a resounding Ippo fight (and victory) and it'll be like that last year of Itakawho could fade away in the waves of Ippo's rise to victory and beginning of a world champion stage.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Quote from: Dracos on September 12, 2013, 04:51:09 PM
Quote from: Merc on June 25, 2013, 11:03:05 PM
It also has some scenes of Itagaki being an arrogant lazy ass, which is unfortunate. What are the chances he'll actually lose and Imai will take the belt? (Probably pretty low, sadly)

Imai took the belt!

Itakawho lost~ :P

Now it just needs to follow up with a resounding Ippo fight (and victory) and it'll be like that last year of Itakawho could fade away in the waves of Ippo's rise to victory and beginning of a world champion stage.
Woo hoo~!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Current Ippo fight is at least setting up well.

Read some Gate: Where the JDSF fought today.  Continues to be both hentai and hillarious.
Well, Goodbye.

Empyrean

Quote from: Dracos on October 24, 2013, 03:31:36 AM
Current Ippo fight is at least setting up well.

Read some Gate: Where the JDSF fought today.  Continues to be both hentai and hillarious.
It's a pretty entertaining series. The hentai aspects are usually pretty minor. Probably less than a half dozen pages out of 20+ chapters.

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia finished. Supernatural romance/mystery series, had a decent anime adaptation with a good soundtrack. You can read it here: http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/tasogare-otome-x-amnesia-r113

Brian

A friend linked this to me:

http://mangafox.me/manga/gokicha/v01/c001/1.html

A 4koma about the world's most laudable cockroach.  It's strangely compelling.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~