Mind: 7
Body: 7
Soul: 7

ACV: 7+2 = 9
DCV: 5

HP: 90
EP: 70

Traits:

Jack of All Trades (Mind) – Jin isn't perfect in just one thing, but he's slightly above average in a lot of things. He has no singular skill that he is proficient in. Rather, he's a jack of all trades. He has yet to find something that he cannot do with some competency. (10 EP)

Black Aspect (Body) – Jin's talents, such as they are, lie in the Black Aspect of his family's kenjutsu arts (See Background notes). Still a novice in utilizing his skills, he can temporarily use Black techniques to boost his skills in combat. However, due to his novice status, this boost will be unable to be used for an equal amount of time that he used it in battle. +2 to ACV. (10 EP)

Medium (Soul) - With extreme concentration, Jin can manifest his aspect into an object of his choosing, reinforcing it or simply understanding the object better. The most common usage of this power is his bokken, which can be transformed into a deadly blade when used as a medium.

Flaw:

Fear of Heights – Jin has a not entirely unreasonable fear of heights due to a rather overenthusiastic father devising a training regime atop the roofs of their ancestral home. At heights of over two stories tall, Jin begins to experience vertigo and an uneasiness that increases to fear with each foot higher that he goes.

Background: Jin is the middle son of the Bunkou (loosely translated as Spectrum) family. The Bunkou are the last remnants of a once thriving samurai clan whose political influence shaped feudal Japan for centuries before their fall from favor and rapid descent from power. Jin has a rather lackadaisical personality and doesn't care much for his family's vaunted past exploits, like his older brother, father, and grandfather do. He is quite content to merely live; increasing his skills in the Black Aspect of his family's closely guarded kenjutsu arts, reading books, and dreaming of having no responsibility at all. He enjoys school and learning, dreaming of a day when he can attend a prestigious university and build a life that isn't quite so centered around his family. In the meantime, however, he takes his duties as a student of the Black seriously via monster extermination with his two friends, [Cidward's Char] and Aishutori.

Bunkou Kenjutsu Notes

The Bunkou kenjutsu arts are under the collective family name of Bunkou, but have three main branches or Aspects. White, Black, and Red. Bunkou is just as much a philosophy as it is a school of martial arts. The universe has a soul, a power that manifests in the Earth itself. Only select individuals can tap into this power, the Bunkou clan being a long line of individuals blessed with this ability. Jin's family has dedicated its entire existence to mastering the use of this power. Completely understanding just where this power comes from or how it works exactly has long been proven futile, though that doesn't stop them from trying. The most that the Bunkou clan has been able to do is recognize that this power has three main aspects, hence why Bunkou kenjutsu has three main branches.

White is pure creation, life itself, construction. Students of the White aspect are usually gentle souls that display artistically creative gifts, have a love for green and growing things, or simply enjoy creating something out of nothing. White practitioners are mostly defensive in nature.

Red is the exact opposite of white, a destroyer, a cleanser. Students of the Red Aspect are very fiery and passionate about life. Most go on to be fierce warriors and some students have even fallen prey to the occasional bouts of insanity owed to the malevolent power of the Red Aspect. Red is considered the most difficult Aspect to master and it is a lonely path to walk. Red practitioners are highly aggressive and offensive in nature.

Black is the equalizer, the balance between White and Red. Students of the Black Aspect tend to find themselves in situations where they are charged with making sure that neither White nor Black gains a foothold over the other. If the balance cannot be kept, the earth and its inhabitants pay dearly. War is a good example of the Red Aspect gaining the upper hand. Natural disasters are a good example of White doing the same. Black practitioners are a balance between offensive and defensive, relying on speed and body enhancement techniques in battle.

Jin, his older brother, and his younger sister are the first siblings in at least 500 years of recorded history to manifest so strongly in each of the Aspects. His older brother is a student of Red and his younger sister is a student of the white. Their grandfather has commented that the clan archives mentioned that such a "Trinity" can either be a blessing or a curse to humanity...

Special Weapons: The Matrix Blade - It seems that this blade can somehow absorb the essence of enemies it has defeated. Trial and error is the only way to determine all of what it does.

Toughness 1: You gain +5 hp.
Toughness II: You gain +15 HP. This stacks with Toughness I.

Anastasia

All three characters look fine. Waiting to say more when the last bits of them are finished.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Zephyrus

Oh, that reminds me. I have my background written down, but I've neglected to add it. I'll do so this evening.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Yay, Noriko exists now~! :) *goes to read between work*
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Observation:
<first last>
<first last>
<last first>

American naming order, Bunkou-kun? :)
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Obviously, he's more authentic!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Zephyrus

Quote from: Dracos on January 12, 2011, 08:40:44 PM
Observation:
<first last>
<first last>
<last first>

American naming order, Bunkou-kun? :)

I'm so used to Japanese naming convention that it came naturally. I'm still not sure to what extent that Dune wishes us to conform to what we know of Japanese culture.

Anastasia

Go ahead and use first name, last name. Western style. It's not accurate, but it's what we're all used to dealing with. So for example, Nikkolai Dastrom instead of Dastrom Nikkolai.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Tried a brief guess at a schedule~!
Well, Goodbye.

Sierra

I can never get used to the last-name-first thing anyway. It jars so badly with my individualist American sensibilities to introduce myself foremost as a representative of a family. And anyway, so what if it's not realistic for a Japanese character--I'm playing a robot!