News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

049.2 Veserya

Started by Corwin, July 09, 2011, 08:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[20:05] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[20:05] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 35." [1d100=35]
[20:10] <Kotono> The pre-dawn's light is dim, not yet truly rising up to banish the night. The streets have movement - a farmer here and a traveler there, or a goodwoman getting foodstuffs first thing. But largely the broad streets are peaceful as you wander to the eastern side of the Commerce Quarter. Coming around a bend, you come to a single empty lot. Here a few young trees are planted, open grasses and
[20:10] <Kotono> benches about. Sitting on one of the benches is a middle aged human, of strong and broad stature. He happens to look your way as you come 'round, a moment to nod to Veserya.
[20:17] * Veserya appreciates the somewhat dull but peaceful park as a respite from the walls of the city as she makes her way slowly through it. Of course the city is still plainly in view all around... give it a few decades for the trees to grow and add some flowerbeds and bushes to liven up the grass and this might be a servicable garden - she can wait, after all. Catching the man's nod, she returns it with a smile and a light greeting of "Good morning," as she draws nearer.
[20:18] <Kotono> "Good morning," he repeats, the reply oddly reflectful, almost reverent. "Have you come to watch Lathander rise, by chance?"
[20:22] <Veserya> "Not specifically," the elf admits, "I was just exercising my legs and mind before the day properly begins, although I'm sure I'll see when the sun rises regardless." Since they're conversing rather than just exchanging pleasantries, an introduction is thus in order and handily provided with a gesture at herself, "Veserya Desjardin."
[20:23] <Kotono> "Olan Farres," His reply comes with a faint smile in the darkness, "Lady Desjardin. Are you touring Balmuria, by chance?"
[20:27] <Veserya> "Well met, Mr Farres," the elf nods briefly, allowing an indulgent smile as she looks over towards the street, "I suppose what I'm doing this morning could be called touring, althout it's not the purpose of my visit, no. I am here on behalf of Empress Sulia, to lend my support to those in need."
[20:29] <Kotono> That draws an amused look from Olan, who turns to look at the pre-dawn sky. Just now a bit of the dawn is starting to peek up and over the horizon, "Ah, a devout? You've come to the right city for it."
[20:34] <Veserya> "Yes, my first day and I met devout followers of Ilmater, Selune, and Tymora," Veserya agrees with a slight chuckle, turning her gaze East to watch the dawn out of respect for her company. "With so many vying for attention, Balmuria must be an interesting place." Of course no need to mention she saw the Tymora worshipper being punched by the follower of Ilmater...
[20:38] <Kotono> "The Gods have blessed this city," Olan agrees, "I am retired, but in my prime days I was a crusading paladin of Lathander. My son seeks to follow in my footsteps, and his departed love took the holy orders of Saint Alicia. Such a change from my childhood...I remember the days where the divine was rare, where there were few easy miracles and remedies."
[20:44] <Veserya> "That you've survived to retire is commendable. Paladins far too commonly become martyrs, may Sulia reward them," Veserya lowers her head for a second out of respect for the fallen who took such orders. "Even in Pallanth, the Seldarine was nigh inscrutable until scant few years ago."
[21:02] <Kotono> Olan bows his head in time with Veserya, "Indeed." Olan looks out to the rising sun, "Yet you do not follow the Seladrine."
[21:05] <Veserya> "The Mother of Martyrdom better speaks to my sensibilities, but please do not think that I spurn the Elf-father or any other," Veserya returns.
[21:21] <Kotono> Olan just smiles a little more, "I didn't mean as such." At this his expression softens, "Ilmater and Sulia watch over martyrs, don't they?"
[21:26] <Veserya> "Whether that makes them rivals or allies is a question for the Gods, but the follower of Ilmater I met yesterday was very nice. I think I'll be helping her in the future," Veserya agrees, half turning away from the rising dawn to nod to the man. "I can't do anything for someone who's already martyred, that isn't my place, but to help forestall that ultimate sacrifice is a worthy calling itself."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[20:15] <Kotono> "I know. None of us could." He looks off at the sun, "All we can do is honor her and remember her."
[20:18] <Veserya> He seems to want to talk about someone in particular, so Veserya indulges him by seating herself on the bench next to him. "You're thinking about your son's love who followed Saint Alicia?"
[20:20] <Kotono> "Yes." He turns to return that nod as she sits, "Sharrans. She gave her life fighting one of them. Brent was crushed...they'd grown up together, learned the blade and holy orders together. Now all that's left are the memories."
[20:24] <Veserya> "It's easy to blame them, isn't it?" the elf reflects, leaning back and looking up at the dim sky rather than the golden sliver of the dawn. "Chasing their dreams and glory, falling for what they thought most important... and leaving us behind. Us who were sadly less important, not worth staying around for."
[20:29] <Kotono> "No." Olan matches Veserya's glare, "I know she died bravely and for a cause that I would have laid my life down for. I accept it, no matter how it pulls at my heart. I nearly came to such a fate several times in my own adventures. No, it's not that. It's that...in time, people will forget her. They'll forget the smiling, cheerful young girl who liked to sing after practice. The shopkeepers will
[20:29] <Kotono> forget they ever smiled at a lively young woman. Her friends will move on, letting the past go. I like to think, as the sun rises each day, that if I tell people about Andrea, she won't be forgotten so easily."
[20:33] * Veserya smiles and nods. "I approve of your sentiments, Mr Farres. These issues are fraught with pain and questions, but your conclusion is a healthy one. I will think of Andrea in my prayers, I promise."
[20:39] <Kotono> With that Olan rises, "Thank you, Lady Desjardin. I need to be going now, for with a new day there are new things to be done. I've taken on a new charge to tutor, a young girl who craves adventure and swordplay. Someone who loves stories of a friend in arms she'll not meet in this life."
[20:42] <Veserya> "I shan't keep you, then. Train her well, Mr Farres," she nods, content to remain a while longer herself after he's gone before she resumes her own business.
[20:46] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[20:46] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 69." [1d100=69]
[20:52] <Kotono> For a little time Veserya is there...hm? The softly rough sound of a cat's purring is heard, as you feel something warm rub against your ankles.
[20:54] <Veserya> "Hello?" Veserya leans forward and looks down at her feet now. Cats are nice, but their terribly short lifespans make them very poor pets for elves. Still, she's not unfamiliar with them.
[20:55] <Kotono> It's a lithe little cat, orange-red furred. It's rubbing against your ankles...no, check that. With a deft leap the cat is up onto your lap, purring away and curling up.
[20:59] <Veserya> Being friendly is one thing, but this is a nice dress! "Please don't shed on me, I only have so many dresses here in Balmuria," she protests lightly, not petting the cat so as to avoid dislodging any loose furs. By the same token she doesn't move herself or remove the cat, because it is a perfectly inoffensive little animal.
[21:00] <Kotono> "Oh ho ho," The cat's voice is richly feminine, "I promise I won't. Now pet me."
[21:03] <Veserya> Veserya's eyes widen in surprise, but she maintains her poise well enough, poking a long finger between the feline's shoulderblades. "You wouldn't happen to be a friend of Balyss's, would you?" she enquires innocently.
[21:05] <Kotono> The cat's eyes stare up at Veserya, "Oh, Balyss? My reputation precedes me! Mmmmm..." With a yawn and a long look up, "You're a cute little thing. How about you pet this pussy?" It's followed by a big grin after, the feline licking it's chops.
[21:09] <Veserya> Her shortness compared to other elves had once been a bit of a sore point, before she matured and became comfortable with her looks. On the other hand, being called little by something that can fit on her lap does rankle. "The first sign of shedding and you need to find a new seat," Veserya replies, shaking her head at the innuendo. "I only know of you by reputation, not by name, so shall we
[21:09] <Veserya> introduce ourselves? I am Veserya Desjardin, follower of Empress Sulia."
[21:17] <Kotono> "Halene, kitten," Said cat curls up and starts purring loudly, "Ooooh, Empress Sulia! Mmmm..."
[21:21] <Veserya> "Yes, our faiths are allies, aren't they?" Veserya notes, keeping a very dilligent eye out for any stray strands of cat-fur lest they mar her dress. "Hopefully that would entitle me to a bit more respect than a common conquest?" she asks probingly, stroking her finger around the base of Halene's closest ear.
[21:23] <Kotono> There hasn't been a bit of orange fur loose yet. "Oh, it's just for fun. Mmm, we could get a bathhouse and you could play Hanali Cenaril at Evergold, and I could play Sharess?" With a little blown out sigh after, "Mmm, that's it, right around the ear. Everyone in this city needs to loosen up...but it's all duty and Helm this, or Mystra and magic that."
[21:28] * Veserya obliges with the petting Halene demands. She has to admit that the thrumming purring noise is very soothing to her ears, she should try and imitate the principles for a lullaby or some such. "I've found it quite enjoyable in my short stay so far. But I'll pass on the bathhouse roleplay, thank you anyway."
[21:38] <Kotono> "Aaaw kitten," Purring away despite that, Halene rolls up and shows her belly. A warm belly indeed, as, "You could use some fun away from home, hmmm. I can show you all sorts of fun, kitten." Meanwhile the sunrise is complete, the day's light beginning. More people are out and about now, the streets starting to fill. The sounds of carts and feet cascade together, conversations here and there
[21:38] <Kotono> adding to the noise.
[21:42] <Veserya> Knowing Aaeru has a long walk from her cove to the city, Veserya thinks she has a bit more time before worrying about heading over to Whimsical Sweets, though she's tempted to excuse herself anyway. "Really, Halene, is there any call to be so obvious? I don't know how it works with humans, but we elves are more fond of subtle and drawn out seductions," she says to try and put her off.
[21:44] <Kotono> "Mmmmmm," Halene stretches out, sitting up. "I'm in the mood to play and you're cute." Grumping at that and sitting primly in Veserya's lap, "I'm not in a mood to be coy. Well, if you're like that..." Halene hops off, "I'm going to find a good sunbeam. At least sunbeams don't play hard to get."
[21:46] <Veserya> "Empress of Love's blessings on your efforts, Halene," Veserya returns good naturedly as the cat departs, standing up and dusting herself off before starting to head towards Whimsical Sweets, albeit on a slow and wandering path.
[21:59] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[21:59] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 74." [1d100=74]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake