News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

050.6 Veserya and Whurric

Started by Corwin, July 25, 2011, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[22:00] <Kotono> In time Veserya, Whurric, Balyss and Yuria are wandering a bit, drinks in hand. Yuria is all giggles, "So like," she grins ear to ear as you walk, people all around you, "Are you single, Veserya?"
[22:02] <Veserya> "Oh, no. I have a husband back in Pallanth but I expect I won't see him for another sixty or so years. We're having a little tiff at the moment," the elf replies with an amused smile back at Yuria, her tone not particularly serious.
[22:08] <Kotono> "Oh," Yuria waves a hand, "So you're off the market. Guess you're, like, on your own," Yuria says, going to glomp onto Whurric's side.
[22:09] <Kotono> Balyss glowers at Yuria but stays nothing, "I am thinking about a good long swim," she says casually, looking out to the dark sea. Lowering her voice, "I also memorized water breathing. That could be fun, too."
[22:09] * Veserya shrugs and turns to Balyss. "That was a joke. I think my sense of humour doesn't work for her," she confesses, a little disappointed having been hoping for a reaction. "A swim sounds lovely, though!"
[22:10] <Whurric> "I didn't bring clothing for swimming, didn't really plan on it," Whurric says. "I'd probably sink like a rock if I tried."
[22:13] <Veserya> "Well with Balyss's magic sinking is hardly a worry," Veserya gives Whurric an encouraging look. "This could be a good chance to learn, even!"
[22:15] <Kotono> "Exactly," Balyss rises up, "You can hack at it until you've figured it out."
[22:19] * Whurric shakes his head after giving it a bit of thought. "Maybe another time, but right now, I don't really think it's worth it. Would be a waste to leave so much fine food and drink unattended."
[22:19] * Veserya pouts a little, looping her arm with the aasimar's. "Come on, Balyss. Want to go find some sea elves, or see if we can grab a couple other swimmers before we get wet?"
[22:20] <Kotono> "Oh come on! WE can go together," Yuria says, with big doe eyes at Whurric.
[22:24] * Whurric softens. "Well...as long as I don't end up dripping all over the beach for hours when I get out?" he mutters. If they're providing the magic, he can go ahead and amuse them flailing about in the water.
[22:26] <Kotono> "Thanks!" Yuria grins, and in a whisper, "If you're good, maybe I'll like lose my top for a little while," she adds with a wink, hurrying along to follow the other two to the shore. As you go to the water you find a few other brave souls are splashing around, drunken laughter in the cold bay. Balyss holds her holy symbol, going to touch each of you on the lips in turn. She murmurs a prayer
[22:26] <Kotono> to Selune, "Alright," she says, "Let's start by just walking in until we're all completely submerged. "
[22:28] <Veserya> "This will be a little bit tricky. So easy to just bounce away once you're chest deep, isn't it?" Veserya giggles in return, stepping into the water and shivering. "Oooh, it's chilly!"
[22:30] * Whurric slowly steps into the water, grimacing a bit at the temperature, but having agreed to it, makes slow strides deeper into the bay. "Hope it warms up once we start movin' around some more. Brrr!"
[22:31] <Kotono> The water is indeed chilly, as the group walks into the black waves. It rises slowly as you go in, higher and higher! It's a little tricky to get submerged, but soon enough the party is beneath the waves! Breathing water is oddly easy, happening as automatically as air. There's just one problem - it's quite dark. Balyss calls, "Who here can see in the dark? Am I going to need to conjure
[22:31] <Kotono> light?" Her voice is badly distorted and watery, sounding much farther away than it should be.
[22:34] <Veserya> With her elven eyes she can see fairly well under the water, but a light would let her see even further. "Give us a light, Balyss!" she burbles back, sticking close to her.
[22:36] <Kotono> Light glows from Balyss' holy symbol, illuminating ahead. The ground is sandy here, water stirring around you in the endless rythym of the tides. Balyss gestures and starts to walk forward, "Just try swimming upward, Whurric. You can try until you get the knack of it down."
[22:37] <Veserya> Bobbing and skipping after Balyss with her hair floating freely in the water behind her, Veserya looks over the underwater landscape, now able to see much farther thanks to the illumination. "Are there reefs near here?" she asks aloud on the off chance Balyss is familiar with the area.
[22:37] * Whurric nods as he tries swimming around a bit, making a lot of forceful movements, but doing his best for the most part to float now that he's in the water.
[22:38] <Kotono> Yuria walks and swims a bit, seeming to know how it works easily enough. "I'm not sure," Balyss shrugs, "I've done this once or twice before, but not around here." OOC: Make a swim check, Whurric.
[22:40] <Whurric> roll d20+4
[22:40] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+4 and gets 15." [d20=11]
[22:40] <Veserya> Rubbing her arms and then kicking off the sandbank now that they're sufficiently deep, Veserya starts to swim around a little bit. "Need to get the muscles moving to warm up, though!"
[22:40] <Kotono> It's not too hard - Whurric starts to get the hang of it easily enough, swimming upwards.
[22:41] * Whurric tries to swim and keep up with the girls!
[22:41] <Kotono> Balyss starts to follow along, "It's not that cold to me here, but my heritage can be blamed for that," she follows along with Veserya, and in al ower voice, "Want to give those two some distance," she murmurs, having to virtually speak into Veserya's ear, "If Yuria was serious about that, I don't really care to see her flashing Whurric."
[22:43] * Veserya nods. "Didn't know those two were close, actually," she agrees, picking up her pace a little.
[22:47] <Kotono> Veserya and Balyss swim a bit ahead, keeping the light within range of the two. Meanwhile Yuris grins and swims along with Whurric, "See, it's not hard at all! Plus you can screw up without drowning!"
[22:48] <Whurric> "Ah, not as bad as I thought it might be," Whurric agrees. "Still a mite colder than I'd have liked, but it's fun enough!" he adds with a small grin.
[22:51] <Kotono> "Exactly!" Yuria grins back, tugging at the side of her one-piece, "Ooh, like, this is getting a bit loose! If you swim better, like, I bet it'll totally make it looser and slip off!" With a water distorted giggle and sultry bat of her eyelashes, she starts to swim forward, "C'mon!"
[22:53] * Whurric looks momentarily a bit surprised, having thought she was joking, but quickly shakes his head and with a grin, tries to swim after Yuria.
[22:54] <Kotono> On the party swimsa nd explores! The sea bed goes on al ittle further, before a sharp sloping drop! Balyss points down, "We go down this then we reach the real depths of the bay," she says, glancing back briefly. "If we're lucky we might find some sea elves or something interesting!"
[22:55] <Veserya> "If we're unlucky I have some magic that'll let me pass for one in a pinch just so you can tell people honestly you saw one?" Veserya suggests with a watery giggle, looping a circle above the drop before orienting herself down and starting to kick.
[22:58] <Kotono> Yuria keeps going along, keeping an eye on Whurric's swimming. OOC: Make another swim check, for reference?
[23:00] <Kotono> Balyss follows, her own swimming passable enough. "They seem to be getting along well," she mutters as they go, "Maybe dying gave them a bond?"
[23:03] <Veserya> "Suffering shared is suffering lightened," Veserya nods sagely, quite adroit in the water herself. "Although I'm not sure if they're devoted or it's just something casual..."
[23:04] <Whurric> roll d20+4
[23:04] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+4 and gets 11." [d20=7]
[23:04] <Kotono> "They'll work it out," Balyss says, "Yuria seems like the cheerful sort."
[23:06] <Kotono> Whurric is swimming along, slow but sure. Yuria watches, playing with the straps of her suit, "Oooh, it's really loose," she says, "If you keep going," With another wink she swims along, following the other two.
[23:07] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[23:07] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 33." [1d100=33]
[23:07] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[23:07] <Veserya> "Yes, and quite willing to share her... cheer," Veserya puts as much innuendo on the word as their aquatic medium allows, giggling brightly afterwards in a flurry of bubbles.
[23:07] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 13." [1d100=13]
[23:08] <Kotono> Balyss matches that giggle with a roll of her eyes, "Indeed they are. She's quite free with herself. I'd expect her type to be staid and stuffy. Maybe she slept through those lessons in school."
[23:08] * Whurric laughs and keeps swimming. He wonders if he should say that Yuria doesn't really need to try and entice him with that...nah, more fun this way.
[23:09] <Veserya> "Her type?" Veserya repeats, wondering exactly what Balyss thinks Yuria's 'type' is.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[19:36] <Kotono> "Oh,  you know," Balyss murmurs, "Look at how she worships that old king's authority. You'd think she'd be laws this and order that."
[19:38] <Veserya> "Oh, yes. She did mention Mechanus as well... hmm, I do believe you're right," Veserya burbles through the water. "She certainly discards the rules of propriety."
[19:41] <Kotono> As the two women at front meditate on this, the foursome swims along the darkening sea! You go along for a few minutes, as...hm? Ahead one can see multicolored lights, far ahead and standing out amid the dark placidity of the bay.
[19:42] <Kotono> Yuria points, "Oooh, what's that!" she calls, swimming faster.
[19:43] <Veserya> "If we can see them I'm sure they can see us," Veserya notes with a glance at Balyss's glowing amulet. "Shall we go and say hello?"
[19:44] <Kotono> OOC: Anyone can make a K:A check here.
[19:44] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11 Balyss
[19:44] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+11 Balyss and gets 18." [1d20=7]
[19:46] <Kotono> "It couldn't hurt," Balyss replies, swimming ahead.
[19:47] <Kotono> Yuria follows, "C'mon, Whurric!" Flashing him a smile, "Don't fall behind now!"
[19:47] <Whurric> roll d20+6
[19:47] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+6 and gets 7." [d20=1]
[19:48] <Whurric> "I'll keep up!" Whurric promises, as he tries to speed up and catch up with them to see what's the source of lights.
[19:49] <Kotono> Ahead the party swims! Coming closer, you can see it. Fish. Dozens and dozens of small fish. Each one is a different color, from reds to blues to greens to oranges to yellows to violets and back and forth and every shade in the spectrum! They swim towards the party, a cascade of colored lights all around them!
[19:52] <Veserya> "My, they're beautiful!" Veserya exclaims, bobbing in place and letting the fish encircle her.
[19:52] <Kotono> Balyss turns 'round and 'round in the water, golden skin tinged a plethoria of colors! "Oh Selune!" she smiles widely! A hand goes to her chest, "They're gorgeous!"
[19:53] <Kotono> Yuria swims forward, "It's like an underwater rainbow!" Yuria exclaims as she puts her hand out, a violet fish alighting there for just a moment.
[19:55] <Kotono> The fish surround the party, before swimming off and away further into the bay, leaving sparkles of rainbow light in their wake! As they go Yuria watches, her voice an underwater burble, "Like, what are those?"
[19:55] <Veserya> roll 1d20+7 I can roll nature if no one has it
[19:55] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+7 I can roll nature if no one has it and gets 21." [1d20=14]
[19:56] <Kotono> OOC: I called for K:A above for them, Ves. <_<
[19:56] <Whurric> "No idea," Whurric replies. "Can't say I've ever heard of rainbow fish...wouldn't surprise me if that -is- what they're called."
[19:56] <Veserya> OOC: same mod
[19:59] <Veserya> "Prism fish," Veserya offers. "Ornamental, but best not eaten."
[19:59] * Whurric laughs. "Well, that name fits 'em too, I suppose."
[19:59] <Kotono> With a girlish little giggle, "It's a cute name," Yuria gushes, batting her eyelashes, "Whurric, if you caught one for me I'd be really greatful," Yuria purrs, "Imagine having a few of those in an aquarium!"
[19:59] <Kotono> *grateful
[20:02] <Kotono> Under her breath, "I'm stunned she knows what an aquarium is," Balyss murmurs, just within earshot of Veserya.
[20:02] <Whurric> "They'd swim circles around me if I tried," Whurric says. "Though I can't imagine there not being a trader back in the commerce quarter that sells them."
[20:04] <Veserya> "Oh, be nice," the elf gives Balyss a playful nudge through the water, drifting back from the couple and looking around the seabed.
[20:05] <Kotono> "Aaaw," Yuria murmurs, and with a little smile, "So you're swimming well. Think you can catch me," she challenges Whurric, "Like, I bet you can't!" Meanwhile you see that the immediate seabed looks uninteresting enough on a glance. OOC: Make spot if you care to.
[20:06] <Whurric> roll d20+2 spot
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+2 spot and gets 21." [d20=19]
[20:07] <Kotono> OOC: I was aiming that at Veserya since she was inspecting the seabed, Whurric. My bad.
[20:07] <Whurric> ooc: it's fine!
[20:08] <Veserya> roll 1d20+7
[20:08] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+7 and gets 20." [1d20=13]
[20:08] <Whurric> "I'm a quick learner, lass. I'm sure I -can-!" he declares as he shoots after Yuria.
[20:08] <Whurric> roll d20+4 swim
[20:08] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+4 swim and gets 21." [d20=17]
[20:10] <Kotono> Veserya looks down! Something catches her eye - a glint of something in the seabed, catching a bit of Balyss' light? Meanwhile Whurric swims with all his might! It's just enough, catching up to Yuria! She smiles as they swim just abit past Balyss and Veserya, "You're getting it," she says, then points to the side, "Oh Whurric, do you see that?"
[20:11] <Veserya> Leaving Whurric and Yuria to swim off and do what they're likely to be doing given how well the former dwarf is doing, Veserya contents herself with swimming down to the glint to investigate and see if it's anything interesting.
[20:13] <Kotono> Veserya swims on down! There's a glint of something - hm? It looks like a tiny metal stone, just poking out of the ground. Something metallic, anyway, and unrusted. As if it's just barely breaking out to the surface.
[20:14] <Whurric> "See what?" he asks as he turns his head to look where Yuria's pointed at.
[20:15] <Kotono> Whurric doesn't see anything unusual. Just light and then the dark sea out of Balyss' range.
[20:15] * Veserya digs the stone out and gives it a look!
[20:15] <Veserya> roll 1d20+7 appraise
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+7 appraise and gets 14." [1d20=7]
[20:15] <Whurric> "Don't really see anything...what'd you spot, Yuria?"
[20:19] <Kotono> Veserya digs! Balyss swims as she reveals it to be a pommelstone. As she digs...ouch! Something catches a finger, tearing it open! Yet you've revealed the object despite the pain. The pommel stone is attached to a deep blue, unrusted shortsword. The metal is horribly jagged and hooked, a cruel looking blade.  About half of it is embedded into what looks to be a heavy chunk of smooth polished
[20:19] <Kotono> gray stone. OOC: 5 damage, Veseyra.
[20:20] <Kotono> Turning back, all Whurric sees is Yuria. Her bathing suit is balled up in one hand, as she wears a grin and nothing else. "Like, you really learned how to swim," she gushes, going to nuzzle up a moment. "Like?"
[20:20] <Veserya> "Oww!" the elf winces at the cut and the succeeding pain of salty water on the wound. Dropping the blade, she grits her teeth as a small stain of crimson fills the water around her finger, bringing her other hand up and waving it over the wound with a healing incantation.
[20:20] <Veserya> roll 1d8+5 cure light
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d8+5 cure light and gets 9." [1d8=4]
[20:21] <Kotono> The wound knits itself back up, the crimson color of blood fading away as the water currents send it about into the great ocean. Balyss looks down, whistling, "Evil looking thing, isn't it?"
[20:22] * Whurric makes a gulping noise. "You...took that off rather quickly...."
[20:23] <Kotono> "I'm very skilled," Yuria says with a coquettish little smile, batting her eyelashes again. Shet akes one of Whurric's arms and curls up close, all the while able to swim by kicking her legs. "Besides, like, at worst we can just blame that ale tomorrow if something goes wrong!"
[20:24] <Veserya> "Yes, I wonder if it's magical, not to have rusted... it doesn't seem like adamantine, but might be mithral. Hmm..." she takes a further moment to cast detect magic and carefully pick the sword up by its hilt now to take a proper look.
[20:24] <Veserya> roll 1d20+14 spellcraft if it is magic
[20:24] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+14 spellcraft if it is magic and gets 16." [1d20=2]
[20:26] <Kotono> There's some faint magic around it, but Veserya can't puzzle it out. "Hey, Balyss turns and calls, blinking and turning back fast! "I can't believe it! She did it!" Balyss mutters low, as Veserya finds the blade is stuck hard in the stone, and the stone is quite heavy. It doesn't come out to a casual tug.
[20:26] <Whurric> "Well...can't say I can think of anything going wrong at this very moment, honestly," Whurric comments with a small smile of his own.
[20:29] <Kotono> "Yep, totally!" Yuria agrees with a little chirp as she turns and calls, "Hey, what are you two doing down there, anyway?"
[20:29] <Veserya> "Oh, give them some privacy. At least she has a better chance here than with a marid," Veserya chuckles indulgently. "The sword's definitely magic, but it's stuck fast in this stone. Might as well leave it," she mutters, turning around at Yuria's call and then wishing she hadn't. "Giving you two some privacy!" she calls back at the nude blonde, promptly averting her eyes once more.
[20:31] <Kotono> Balyss goes down and picks up a pebble from the ground, muttering! Light forms around it, as it's underhand tossed towards Yuria. As the blonde catches it, "If you're going to swim around like that iwth Whurric, at least give yourselves some privacy!"
[20:32] * Whurric looks towards Balyss and Veserya and then back at Yuria. "They're rather open-minded, aren't they?" he jokes. "I guess we're swimming a bit further away then?"
[20:32] <Kotono> Yuria laughs and smirks, "I know, I know. You two are, like, jealous of my body!" Turning to Whurric, "I guess we totally should, since they can't take the heat."
[20:33] <Kotono> "Selune..." Balyss murmurs low, closing her eyes. "10...9...8..." Slowly she exhales, putting on a smile and waving, "Sure, have fun!"
[20:35] * Veserya rolls her eyes at that parting shot from Yuria. "Now, now. I'm sure we have nothing at all to be jealous of," she smiles genially at Balyss. "Anyway, do you want to do anything with the sword? It's a bit too heavy for me to lift without cutting myself I fear."
[20:37] <Whurric> "Play nice," Whurric says, though he grins and laughs as he starts swimming away from Yuria, putting more distance between them and Veserya/Balyss. "I suppose you're catching me this time!"
[20:37] <Whurric> roll d20+4
[20:37] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+4 and gets 16." [d20=12]
[20:38] <Kotono> "I can cast an augury if you're particularly curious," Balyss says, rubbing her chin as she firmly turns her back on the two. "It seems a damned shame to leave a magic sword wasting away down here."
[20:39] <Veserya> "We could always come back tomorrow better equipped... or do you think you could break that rock it's stuck inside with your mace?" the dark-haired elf suggests instead. "It would be easy enough to carry on its own."
[20:40] <Kotono> "In the water?" Balyss draws her mace, "Let me try."
[20:42] * Veserya holds the sword steady by its hilt to keep it from going flying and cutting either of them.
[20:43] <Kotono> Balyss brings her mace down, lining up her shot and striking!
[20:43] <Kotono> roll 1d8+3/2
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+3/2 and gets 5.5." [1d8=4]
[20:43] <Kotono> OOC: 3.5. Total is 7/2.
[20:44] <Kotono> Balyss strikes the rock a heavy blow! The rock doesn't show much effect. Shaking her head, "Didn't seem to do anything. Do you have a strength augmenting spell, by any chance? I don't have one prepared today."
[20:47] <Veserya> "Not specifically that, but... hmm, I normally save this for special occassions, but since it's just us..." smiling disarmingly, she takes a deep breath and begins to sing. The words sound utterly unearthly, not even the distorting effect of the water having the slightest effect on their crystal clear harmony. Though the words may not be known and recognised by Balyss outright, none hearing
[20:47] <Veserya> would be able to escape the sense of serene courage and strength that they embody.
[20:47] <Veserya> OOC: words of creation inspire courage, +4 attack/damage
[20:47] <Veserya> roll 3d4 nonlethal damage to me
[20:47] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 3d4 nonlethal damage to me and gets 8." [3d4=4, 2, 2]
[20:49] <Kotono> Balyss closes her eyes and gently hums along with it, nodding, "Yeah, thanks," she whispers, "Beautiful." With that she raises her mace again and strikes!
[20:49] <Kotono> roll 1d8+7
[20:49] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+7 and gets 13." [1d8=6]
[20:49] <Kotono> Crack! This time the rock shows a few dents and cracks, Balyss slowly raising her mace and striking again and again!
[20:49] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+7 and gets 14." [1d8=7]
[20:49] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+7 and gets 15." [1d8=8]
[20:49] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+7 and gets 10." [1d8=3]
[20:50] <Kotono> roll 1d8+7
[20:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+7 and gets 13." [1d8=6]
[20:50] <Kotono> Slowly the rock begins to chip and break up, cracks running up and down it! It's a slow process, five strikes only causing middling damage. But the stone does look broken up, and morei mportantly, the bladel ooks a little looser.
[20:51] * Veserya wriggles the hilt a bit and tries to pull it free, bringing her song to its conclusion as she focuses more on that. Of course if a few more whacks are needed, Balyss's abilities should remain bolstered for a little while longer.
[20:52] <Kotono> OOC: Str check real quick?
[20:53] <Veserya> roll 1d20+2
[20:53] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+2 and gets 10." [1d20=8]
[20:56] <Kotono> It's not budging yet - it feels slightly looser, but it's still caught.
[20:56] <Veserya> "Just a few more should do it, dear," Veserya encourages Balyss, holding it steady for another bash.
[20:59] <Kotono> roll 5#1d8+7
[20:59] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 5#1d8+7 and gets 55." [5#1d8+7 = 15, 9, 10, 12, 9]
[21:00] <Kotono> Another series of blows come, breaking up the rock a little further! Balyss takes a long, watery breath after, "Okay, try again."
[21:01] * Veserya pulls back on the sword, bracing the rock against another rock on the seabed to make it easier for herself.
[21:01] <Veserya> roll 1d20+2 strength again?
[21:01] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+2 strength again? and gets 5." [1d20=3]
[21:01] <Kotono> Urgh! It's looser again, but it's still stuck on somethiong!
[21:03] <Veserya> "Oh, this is starting to thoroughly annoy me," Veserya grumbles in pique. "Lend me your mace for a second, dear?" she extends her other hand towards Balyss.
[21:07] <Kotono> Said mace is loaned.
[21:08] <Veserya> Taking a deep breath, Veserya raises it high and then slams it down with all her might upon the stubborn rock!
[21:08] <Kotono> OOC: Damage?
[21:08] <Veserya> roll 1d8+19 -6pa, divine might
[21:08] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d8+19 -6pa, divine might and gets 26." [1d8=7]
[21:09] <Kotono> KERRACK! The rock shatters, the blade mostly freed! A few bits of rock seem caught to it, but nothing that prevents it from being pulled out. With a low whistle, "I think I've been neglecting my martial studies, clearly."
[21:10] * Veserya blushes quite visibly on her exposed skin despite the cold water all around. "That'll be our little secret, yes?" she smiles hopefully and hands the mace back to Balyss before gingerly picking up the cruel blade.
[21:13] <Kotono> "If you want," Veserya finds the blade to feel heavy in her hand. Greasy, a grease that clings to her flesh like acid not quite corrosive enough to eat away her flesh. "That wasn't very ladylike." A little wry grin follows, "Eh?"
[21:14] <Veserya> "Exactly," she smiles, "I have other talents I'd rather be known for." That said, she frowns at the sword, "Even underwater this feels greasy. I can't say that I care for it."
[21:17] <Kotono> "Well, if it's an unholy armament, I'll have it melted down," Balyss replies as she eyes the blade, "If nothing else, it means it won't get into anymore trouble."
[21:17] <Kotono> After a moment, "Hold on," she says, "Let me study it."
[21:17] <Kotono> roll 1d20+17 (+6 divine insight)
[21:17] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+17 (+6 divine insight) and gets 27." [1d20=10]
[21:20] <Kotono> Balyss studies it carefully, "Whatever it was before, the magic has largely broken down. There are traces of evil, but I think it's mostly gone. I'm not sure on the details, but I'm fairly sure this is an ancient weapon."
[21:20] <Veserya> roll 1d20+14 ancient history is a specialty of mine! (i know it's gnomish)
[21:20] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+14 ancient history is a specialty of mine! (i know it's gnomish) and gets 25." [1d20=11]
[21:25] <Veserya> "Yes... if I'm not mistaken, I think it's gnomish. They did some interesting things with mithral once upon a time," Veserya agrees, carefully holding the wicked blade. "Even without magic it's much deadlier than a well made steel blade. As I recall, the Crimson Guard found quite a few weapons like this in various ruins around Balmuria and the Barbarian Lands a few years ago."
[21:29] <Kotono> "Ooooh! It's one of those!" Balyss leans in to study it closer, whistling low again. Said whistle is more of a bubbly burst from her lips, "I met a man who had one of those a few years ago." Pausing to think, "4 years or so? Giant of a man, had an axe that looked like this. I figure it was the same thing." With a casual look at Veserya, "This is probably going to be worth a lot of money if
[21:29] <Kotono> it's not evil."
[21:32] <Veserya> "A few thousand marks, easily," the elf nods. "We can take it to Luna del Stronger tomorrow, if you like... in the meantime, how about going back up top for a drink or three?"
[21:34] <Kotono> "Sold," Balyss says, "I'm losing my buzz, and we have to remedy that!"
[21:35] <Veserya> "A fun diversion - and profitable, but we mustn't forget tonight's purpose," the elf nods sagely, starting to swim upwards!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake