050.7 "Her name is Emily. Be kind to her."

Started by Corwin, July 28, 2011, 05:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[21:41] <Aaeru> "We can, like, go swim? And loser starts last?"
[21:41] <Veserya> Carefully holding the torturous looking blade close enough to her side not to stab anyone who steps too close but far enough to keep her own legs safe, Veserya points out the familiar group to Balyss and besides a detour to pick up drinks for themselves shortly comes over. "Hello, you four," the dripping wet elf smiles down at the group, "Enjoying yourselves?"
[21:42] * Aaeru begins to answer, before closing her mouth and shrugging.
[21:42] <Kotono> "Whatever," Lyris shrugs, looking up, "You're just in time. On three open your bottle and get drinking."
[21:42] <Kotono> Balyss looks on, suddenly smothering a smile and drinking.
[21:42] <Arachiel> "Yay! More friends!" Arachiel cheers drunkenly.
[21:43] <Veserya> Stabbing the gnomish sword deep into the sand so its barbs are safely out of the way, Veserya shrugs and sits down. "A game?" she asks, nonetheless willing to participate.
[21:44] * Aaeru mirrors Lyris's actions, learning the game straight from the self-proclaimed grand champion.
[21:44] <Kotono> "Go get two bottles of this," she holds her bottle up a moment. Whiskey, looks like. "Then come back. Hold on, you three."
[21:44] * Aaeru holds her bottle up and waits.
[21:45] * Arachiel has a bottle of...something!
[21:46] <Veserya> Standing up and finishing her mug of ale on the way, Veserya goes off on a quick search for the drink Lyris refers to, coming back with two bottles and handing one to Balyss before she resumes her seat.
[21:47] <Kotono> Arachiel can look if she wants - it's the same stuff as Lyris' bottle, whiskey. So is Aaeru's and Neveril's. "Now then," Lyris begins, "The game is called Chug. Everyone gets a bottle and drinks as fast as they can. The person who finishes last has to pay for everyone else's bottles and his own. Since we're not paying for these, we'll do something with swimming or something. We'll begin on
[21:47] <Kotono> three."
[21:47] <Kotono> Balyss looks at the bottle and shrugs, "Here's to hangovers," she says cheerfully, "Why not?"
[21:48] <Veserya> "So uncouth..." Veserya murmurs, but nonetheless has her bottle of booze ready to go!
[21:48] <Kotono> "One...two...THREE!" Lyris calls, as...OOC: Con checks, all. If you're not wearing a con booster that you normally do, make sure to make the requisite adjustments.
[21:48] * Arachiel is ready!
[21:48] <Kotono> roll 1d20+1 Neve
[21:48] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+1 Neve and gets 2." [1d20=1]
[21:49] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Balyss
[21:49] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 Balyss and gets 9." [1d20=7]
[21:49] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+3
[21:49] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+3 and gets 6." [1d20=3]
[21:49] <Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Lyris
[21:49] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 Lyris and gets 15." [1d20=13]
[21:49] <Veserya> roll 1d20+3
[21:49] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+3 and gets 7." [1d20=4]
[21:50] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+3
[21:50] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+3 and gets 7." [1d20=4]
[21:50] <Kotono> OOC: Everyone who rolled in the single digits needs to make a fort save as well.
[21:50] <Veserya> roll 1d20+12
[21:50] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+12 and gets 31." [1d20=19]
[21:50] <Kotono> roll 1d20+9 Balyss
[21:50] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+9 Balyss and gets 28." [1d20=19]
[21:51] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+9
[21:51] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Neveril
[21:51] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+9 and gets 17." [1d20=8]
[21:51] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 Neveril and gets 5." [1d20=2]
[21:51] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+18
[21:51] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+18 and gets 19." [1d20=1]
[21:53] <Kotono> Down and down the drink goes! It burns, strong courage in several heavy doses! Lyris is fast, finishing first with ease to spare! With a gasp and boozy belch she tosses her bottle aside, giggling and gasping! Balyss is next, finishing up and gasping for air! Then Veserya and Arachiel finish, a hair ahead of Aaeru! Neveril struggles to drink, finishing last by a good margin! At last she drops
[21:53] <Kotono> her bottle, drained and breathing heavily, "Oh Aaeru..." she groans, "I..."
[21:54] <Arachiel> "Whoooo!" Arachiel shouts. "That's intense!"
[21:55] * Aaeru drops her bottle, swaying.
[21:55] <Kotono> "Not so bad," Lyris says, giggling again as she wipes her mouth dry! With a bigger grin, "You just have to open wide and keep on gulping! Just like with a man, open wide and take it all in fast!" Going to stand, "Now there was something about swimming?"
[21:55] <Veserya> "Ahh..." Veserya feels a gassy and unladylike buildup inside of her, placing her hands over her stomach just below the breastbone and rubbing to try and ease the buildup rather than allow an explosive burp out as Lyris did. "Oooh, I do say, that was a bit much..." she sighs, recovering slowly.
[21:55] * Arachiel looks at Lyris blearily, not really understanding, but hey, Lyris probably knows what she's talking about!
[21:57] <Aaeru> Her eyelids grow heavy, and Aaeru blinks, just for a second. Lyris is standing in that moment, and Aaeru feels the urge to follow her to her feet. Once upright in a fashion, she offers a hand to Neve, spreading her feet to steady herself.
[21:57] <Kotono> "Now," With a slow nod, "Let's go have some fun, all of you!"
[21:58] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[21:58] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 64." [1d100=64]
[22:11] <Kotono> Things turn into a blur. A blur that is followed by blackness, deep blackness. Mrgh. One thing drills into Arachiel's eyes, bird song. Diabolical bird song! Such song brings pain that would better be consigned to Hell! Ugh...Balyss. The voice of Balyss is a throbbing explosion in her head, dragging her from the unfeeling darkness. "Arachiel?" Balyss's voice is a croak, "Wake up." Urgh...what
[22:11] <Kotono> was she doing? Why is she here? The last thing she remembers...something...a building. No, a house. Something about a house.
[22:14] * Arachiel would really like to just lie here for a while.
[22:14] <Arachiel> "nng."
[22:15] <Kotono> Another accursed shake! Another! "Oh right..." Balyss mutters, intoning a few words! Then again, the words pain...and the misery fades. Her mind clears, the headache pounding between her ears lessening. Her mouth is filled with the taste of ashes and death, bone dry...but the pain is gone. "Wake up, "Balyss says again, voice stronger this time.
[22:17] <Arachiel> "This sucks!" Arachiel says, pushing herself slowly into a sitting position. "What?"
[22:18] <Kotono> You open your eyes...huh? You're in a beautiful room. A bed with curtains, parted. A rich room of stone and beauty, carpeted floor looking soft. You've never seen this room before in your life. Balyss is lying besides you, wearing...your bathing suit, oddly. Sprawled out on the floor nearby is Aaeru, dead asleep.
[22:19] * Arachiel eyes Balyss. "That's my suit you're wearing."
[22:20] <Kotono> As Arachiel eyes she hears a jostle of metal. Balyss looks over at Arachiel, "And you're wearing mine," she retorts, "So."
[22:21] * Arachiel looks down. "Oh...how?"
[22:21] <Kotono> After a moment Balyss rolls up, "This is gonna be a good story to piece together, I can already tell." Balyss shrugs, "I remember something about in the name of the moon, running around the city and..." A shrug. She knees by Aaeru, murmuring a few words as healing magic works! Then...
[22:22] <Kotono> Aaeru stirs. Blackness parts. She was just having the most marvelous dream. Something about a baby and a basket, something about...something. It fades as a headache does as well, Aaeru stirring as she hears Balyss call, "Wake up, Aaeru!"
[22:22] <Aaeru> "Basket?"
[22:23] <Kotono> "No, Balyss," Balyss retorts, "Rise and shine!"
[22:23] <Arachiel> "Basket?" Arachiel echos.
[22:23] <Aaeru> "Basket," Aaeru quietly repeats, wiping at her eyes with her hands.
[22:24] * Arachiel nods, unsure.
[22:24] <Kotono> "Right," Balyss says, "We're in a house I've never seen before and I just dispelled your hangover. Wake up, we need to try andf ind the others. Do you remember how in Selune's light we got here, by chance?"
[22:25] * Aaeru finally takes a look at Balyss and Archie, before blinking. "Did you have sex? Together? Like, while I was sleeping right near?"
[22:25] <Arachiel> "What?"
[22:25] * Arachiel looks very confused.
[22:26] <Kotono> Balyss gives Aaeru a withering look, "No." After that, "Just get up and come on, will you?"
[22:26] <Aaeru> "Then why did you, like, strip and dress in each other's clothing?" Aaeru asks, struggling to her feet and taking a better look about the room.
[22:27] <Arachiel> "I don't know." Arachiel says, looking around. "Where's my bear?"
[22:27] <Kotono> "Why are we in a room we've never seen before?" Balyss retorts. It's quite the rich room. Carpets! Lots of space! Curtained bed! It looks disgustingly rich. She goes to the door out, opening it up. She pauses, "Good question." She peers out, "Oh, there's Lyris and Veserya. One's asleep and the other's trancing, I think...um..." she stops cold, "Uh, you two had better come here."
[22:28] * Aaeru is about to reach for Auriga with her mind at Archie's words, before Balyss gets her to rush all the way over and take a look!
[22:28] * Arachiel goes over!
[22:30] <Kotono> Outside is a hall. One end goes off to other things, irrelevant at the moment. The other end is a dead end, save for a few couches there, scattered about like a child's forgotten building blocks. On one Lyris sleeps, buck naked except for a maid's frilly headpiece and a short black skirt that's flapped up and not hiding much anyway. She lies sprawled out on the couch, arm dangling over the side
[22:30] <Kotono> .  Nearby Veserya sits in a trance, wearing a full maid's costume, save for a headpiece. On the floor besides them is a basket. In said basket are two things - a little folded bit of paper resting atop what looks to be a baby.
[22:31] <Aaeru> "That's my dream!" Aaeru exclaims. "We're in my dream!"
[22:32] <Arachiel> "You dreamed this?" Arachiel asks incredulously.
[22:32] <Aaeru> "All but the naked Lyris!"
[22:32] <Kotono> "Better not let Neveril hear you say that," Balyss says, going and fetching a blanket and laying it over Lyris. Once done she kneels, going to check out the note and baby. "Ahem." Clearing her throat, "Oh boy."
[22:33] * Aaeru moves over quite curiously to read the note as well.
[22:33] <Arachiel> "It's a boy?"
[22:34] <Kotono> It reads the following in Common, "Her name is Emily. Be kind to her." Balyss reads it again and groans, "Shar's sagging tits," she rubs her head, "Okay, status check. We're in a strange house with a strange baby and we still don't know where Neveril is."
[22:35] <Aaeru> "Wake Vessy?" Aaeru asks, picking Emily up. "Once we're all up I'll start opening doors!"
[22:36] * Arachiel shakes the elf!
[22:36] <Kotono> Veserya's trance parts. For a moment she feels a terrific headache but that parts. The last thing she can remember...something...swimming...running. The streets of the city, laughing...and here. Her eyes open, Balyss shaking her shoulder along with Arachiel. "Wake up," Balyss says, as she finds herself in an unfamiliar hall.
[22:37] <Arachiel> "Good morning!" Arachiel says, far too cheery.
[22:38] * Aaeru heads down the hallway towards the doors still unopened!
[22:38] <Veserya> "Ow... owww..." the elf pouts as her eyes open. That had been a most unsatisfactory trance! And she has a niggling suspicion it lasted far too long given how unaware she was if Arachiel was able to get close enough to shake her. Still, appearances must be kept, "Good morning, Arachiel," Veserya shifts her lips into a smile, trying to regain her bearings and get up.
[22:39] <Kotono> The next several doors are grand bedrooms, each exquisite. Going down further is the end of the hall. There's a golden disk on the floor, wide enough to stand on.
[22:40] <Arachiel> "We need to find Neveril now! And Ulysses!"
[22:40] * Aaeru peers into each bedroom as she waits for Lyris to be woken up, and finally attempts to sense Auriga.
[22:41] <Veserya> "Where are we... and what am I wearing?" she frowns and tugs at her maid uniform as she stands up and goes to look out the window in consternation.
[22:42] <Arachiel> "I don't know, and I don't know!" Arachiel goes over to poke Lyris in the face until she wakes up!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[19:54] <Kotono> None of the bedrooms have Neveril, a bear or anything like that. At the poke Lyris groans, throwing an arm over her face, "Fuck off," she growls, "Hung over."
[19:55] * Arachiel starts poking Lyris in the side then! "Wake up! Wake up time!"
[19:56] <Kotono> Balyss comes over, praying again to Selune! At this and the poking Lyris blinks and half sits up, "What?" she says with acid in her voice, before looking around. "Where are we?"
[19:56] * Aaeru rejoins the others, saying, "There's nothing, just some weird disk thingy. Maybe it's like that spell that lifts you places? We should all check it out!"
[19:57] <Arachiel> "We don't know!" Arachiel sing-songs.
[19:58] <Veserya> "It seems like a well appointed dungeon," Veserya remarks, drifting away from the curiously window-less wall. "Were we abducted? I... my memory is curiously blank," she shudders, not enjoying the sensation one bit.
[19:58] <Kotono> Lyris twitches, glaring utter death at Arachiel. She leans forwards and growls, "I don't care if magic wiped it away or not, you do NOT sing when someone is hung OVER!" At that she leans al ittle too far, blanket falling away. Lyris blinks and looks down, swiftly pulling it back up! "Where are my clothes?" Peeking underneath, "I'm wearing a short skirt and...not much else."
[19:59] * Veserya distractedly unties her apron and hands it to Lyris so she has at least something to cover her front.
[19:59] * Arachiel smiles beautifically at Lyris.
[20:00] <Aaeru> "It's not like we're wearing more," Aaeru points out with a frown. "Anyway, if it's like a problem I'll give you mine when we leave. But we hafta go, first. Vessy, wanna go check that circle thing with me?"
[20:00] <Kotono> Lyris takes it and rises, kicking her blanket away before putting on the apron. Once done she's theoretically decent, but not really at all. "Now I'm just a wet dream instead of a nudist," Lyris rubs her head, "Let's find something, anything."
[20:00] <Veserya> "Certainly, I... where did you get that baby from?" she pauses and peers at the infant in Aaeru's arms.
[20:00] <Arachiel> "It was here when we woke up!"
[20:00] <Aaeru> "I dreamed about it and then it was, like, there and I'm taking care of it!"
[20:01] * Aaeru blinks. "Oh wait. Not it. She. My bad! Her name's Emily!"
[20:01] <Veserya> "Well, I suppose you're no stranger to that," the elf smiles at Aaeru, "Let me know if you need any help with her. Now, where is this disc of yours?" she asks, casting detect magic on the way.
[20:01] * Aaeru casts that same spell as she leads Veserya back down the hall.
[20:03] <Kotono> The group meanders on ahead. The disk indeed radiates magic! OOC: Spellcraft if either of you want.
[20:03] * Arachiel stands up, having successfully gotten Lyris out of bed. "Now we have to find Neve and Ulysses! And Whurric too, I suppose."
[20:03] <Veserya> roll 1d20+14 spellcraft
[20:03] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+14 spellcraft and gets 20." [1d20=6]
[20:04] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+4
[20:04] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+4 and gets 17." [1d20=13]
[20:07] <Veserya> "It's an elevating variant on floating disc. Step on it and it takes you down, so there must be more levels to this place. Allow me to demonstrate," Veserya daintily hitches up her skirt and steps onto the golden disc.
[20:08] <Aaeru> "Yay, I guessed right!" Aaeru exclaims happily, ready to step in if there is enough space or otherwise waiting for her turn.
[20:10] <Kotono> Veserya steps onto the disk! It floats down smoothly, taking Veserya down! Below is a sundrenched room of chandaliers and crystal. The far back is nothing but sunshine and glory, the open bay seen outside. It's warm here, the room vast. A chair sits haphazardly near where you land, a man sitting there. He's youthful, his face showing him to be no more than 20. He wears pleasant finery styled
[20:10] <Kotono> green and white, his head shaved bald. His posture is loose, one leg cocked over the side of the chair. "Good morning, Miss...?" he leaves it hanging. "Are you done sleeping here in the name of Selune?"
[20:13] <Veserya> "Veserya," the elf provides her name, stepping off the disc so it can allow the others to follow her. Performing a polite courtesy to the man, "I don't believe we've been introduced, although forgive me, my memory of last night is unfortunately spotty." Putting it mildly.
[20:16] <Kotono> "You were that drunk?" The man laughs as the others come down one after another. Eyeing the rest as they come down, one at a time, and raising a fond eyebrow at Lyris, "Ah Lyris," he calls, "Are you still busy? I'm looking forward to being, oh how did you say it? Ravished so hard that my groin needs regenerative magic?" After a beat, "Vo Silverbrow." With a casual smile, "I don't know about all
[20:16] <Kotono> of you, but it's about breakfast time. Shall we dine and talk?"
[20:17] <Aaeru> "So, like, this is your house?" Aaeru says after introducing herself in turn. "Why doesn't your house have windows and stuff?"
[20:17] * Veserya silently resolves to never go drinking with Lyris again.
[20:17] <Arachiel> "Have you seen a brown bear? He's about five feet tall, generally calm?" Arachiel asks.
[20:19] <Kotono> Wordlessly Vo Silverbrow gestures at the grand window that sends a great deal of sunlight into the room. "I'm afraid you may want to look again, Miss." After that he nods to Arachiel as he rises, "He's outside. Really now, a bear inside the house?" Shaking his head, "Barbaric. Bears are forest creatures. Though this one is quite well mannered for a bear."
[20:19] <Arachiel> "He's my friend!"
[20:19] <Kotono> Lyris gives Vo Silverbrow an even look, up and down, and then shrugs. "Maybe later," she says, "Where are my clothes?" she asks, almost plainative.
[20:20] <Aaeru> "What about there?" Aaeru asks, pointing up.
[20:23] <Kotono> With a moment's focus, Vo Silverbrow gestures. Abruptly Lyris is clad in different rainments. A beautiful ballgown of the purest white, her hair radiant and beautiful jewelry worn! She wears impressively long high heels, her face fully made up with red lipstick, blush, and a dozen other things. "I thought it fitting. You came into this room of the sun in the name of Selune. A dark place in the
[20:23] <Kotono> shadow of the sun is so very fitting."
[20:24] <Veserya> roll 1d20+14 spellcraftin' that
[20:24] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+14 spellcraftin' that and gets 22." [1d20=8]
[20:24] <Aaeru> "I... don't really understand," Aaeru admits. "I don't think I did anything bad even if drunk, anyway, so can you tell me where Neve is and we'll just go?"
[20:25] * Arachiel blinks.
[20:25] <Arachiel> "That's a neat trick! Can you teach me that?"
[20:27] <Kotono> "Neveril is asleep," With a gracious smile to Aaeru, "I see what she meant," he murmurs, "She'll probably be asleep a little while longer." After that the man laughs, "'tis my special magic. Perhaps in time, girl."
[20:27] <Veserya> "Ah," Veserya's expression becomes resigned for a moment. "We seem to have intruded upon your realm, Lord Silverbow... if my memory were not failing I would like to say it was surely a mistake. Would you please permit us to be on our way?" If only she could remember how they got here. It could have been a drunken mistake, or they could have been kidnapped, she just doesn't know.
[20:28] <Veserya> roll 1d20+12 lets sense his motives because he seems dodgy to me
[20:28] * Arachiel looks a bit crestfallen. "Okay..."
[20:28] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+12 lets sense his motives because he seems dodgy to me and gets 15." [1d20=3]
[20:29] <Kotono> "Silverbrow," Correcting Veserya with a cough, "You're not my captives, you're free to leave at any time. But surely you can spare me a little time after I graciously put you up for the night?"
[20:29] <Aaeru> "Can you, like, tell me where she is?" Aaeru asks, as Neve is confirmed to be somewhere here.
[20:32] <Veserya> Time... of course it can flow differently in places like this, can't it? But they're in a poor shape to be forcing the issue, so Veserya inclines her head. "Very well, you mentioned breakfast?"
[20:32] <Kotono> "She's in another room here," With a vague gesture, "Go out the door there," He points to a door tucked away into the side of the wall, "Go down another level, and into the sea caves. She's asleep there."
[20:33] <Aaeru> "Okay, thanks!" With a wave at Vo and her friends, Aaeru takes Emily with her past the indicated door and heads for the sea caves.

Corwin

#ed

[20:42] <Kotono> Another platform takes Aaeru down! She finds herself in natural caves, dripping with water. The scent of the sea is strong here as Aaeru follows the path! It ends in a natural arch, revealing a hidden underground beach. The sea laps against the ground. Sitting at the edge of the waterline is an elegant four poster bed. Here Neveril lies, unclad. Her hair is spread out beneath her, her arms
[20:42] <Kotono> resting over her bosom. She looks to be perfectly asleep, save for the gentle movement of her chest up and down with every breath.
[20:44] * Aaeru carefully sits down on the bed and cups Neve's cheek as she leans in closer. "Good morning," she says, trying to wake her with a kiss.
[20:47] <Kotono> "Mmmm..." Neveril murmurs, as the baby Aaeru carries continues to sleep peacefully. "Five more minutes..."
[20:47] <Aaeru> "I don't mind," Aaeru admits, "but aren't you cold and stuff?"
[20:50] <Kotono> "Mmmmmm?" Neveril stirs again, opening her eyes. She looks around and smiles, "Why am I...no, I'm not," she murmurs, "Aaeru, why are you carrying a baby?"
[20:51] <Aaeru> "This is Emily," Aaeru informs Neve. "I had a dream about her and then she was there and there was a note that asked to, like, be kind to her and I think that means I should take care of her. Let's do that together!"
[20:53] <Kotono> "Oh!" Neveril's voice has a little catch in it, "Just like that? Did Ilmater send her?" She looks at the baby long and slow, reaching out to touch it's warm cheek, stroking it with a fingertip.
[20:54] <Aaeru> "Dunno. Would Ilmater leave a note and a basket?" Aaeru shrugs. "But it could be, cause I think I'm the only one who had a dream about her. Did you have a dream about her?" And since she is asking Neve, Aaeru follows that question with others. "And hey, why are you naked? And not sleeping with the rest of us, but here? I was, well, worried, you know."
[20:56] <Kotono> "I remember a few things, then I was talking to Baronet Silverbrow," Neveril says, rubbing the side of her jaw after. "He restored my wits. He made this bed here for me, and it seemed rude to turn my nose up at it. It woudl be horrible manners."
[20:57] <Aaeru> "Yeah, he said you told him something about me. I think?"
[21:02] <Kotono> "He was a bit curious about us. When I mentioned Whimsical Sweets, he brightened up." Neveril smiles alittle bit, "Ah Aaeru, he's a member of the Seelie Court. He's happy we stopped Senaril. Apparently news of her had reached the Court before we slew her."
[21:03] <Aaeru> "Okay." Aaeru takes that in and thinks for a bit. "So he's like Senaril but good? And then we're, like, in his realm? So far, spot on?"
[21:05] <Kotono> "Yes, that's exactly it," Neveril says, smiling for Aaeru.
[21:06] * Aaeru smiles back! "So wanna get dressed and come join the others? Or just gonna go back to sleep? I can watch you!"
[21:09] <Kotono> "Five more minutes," Neveril smiles, patting the side of the bed, "How about I hold Emily and you dress down for bed?" With a little smile, "You want to keep her, don't you?"
[21:11] <Aaeru> "I think so," Aaeru agrees, moving farther in and passing the sleeping girl to Neve. "I'm supposed to follow my dreams if they make sense, and it makes sense. It's not like we'd do a crime even if we were like drunk so we didn't take her away from someone and if someone wanted us to look after her I think we can."
[21:21] <Kotono> "Mmm, yes," Neveril decides with a slow nod, "Not what I expected at all, but..."
[21:23] * Aaeru discards her swimming suit, shrugging in response. "It's not like we can only have one child, right? So it's okay!"
[21:29] <Kotono> "Mmm-hmm," Neveril pats the bed, "Let's just hold her and rest a little while, okay? I want to doze off listening to the waves and your heartbeat."
[21:30] * Aaeru has no objections to that. Their situation seems kinda shady, but Neve is fine with it and she decides to just play along and relax with her for the time being.
[21:45] <Kotono> As you lie there and rest, you feel a tug. A tug to come back, Neveril looking up at exactly the same time. "Oh, we're being summoned," she explains, gently putting Emily down and going under the bed. She fishes out her bathing suit, dressing.
[21:47] * Aaeru laughs, watching over Emily until Neve is ready and only then dressing herself. "This whole fey realm thing is really weird, but also kinda cool. Hey, do you think you can make one?"
[21:50] <Kotono> "Maybe one day," Neveril blushes, "There's a lot to it and it's complicated."
[21:50] <Aaeru> "Well yeah," Aaeru agrees. "I got like no idea where to even start! So, we're going back up now?"

Corwin

#d

[20:34] * Arachiel waves at Aaeru as she leaves.
[20:39] <Kotono> With that, those that remain head along. Lyris sends Vo Silverbrow nasty looks all the while. If he noticed them he ignores them, as he leads you into a dining room. Here the smells hit you as one - sausages, platters of eggs, mounds of bacon, heaps of hash, soups, bread, waffles, pancakes, fresh fruits, porridge and far more are laid out on a long table. Vo Silverbrow gestures, "Help yourselves."
[20:41] * Arachiel blinks. "Wow, that's a lot of food. Do you normally have guests like us?"
[20:43] <Kotono> "I'm afraid I don't entertain guests often," Vo Silverbrow says with an elaborate bow as he turns, "But for Whimsical Sweets, 'tis the least I can do."
[20:44] <Veserya> While she can't really do anything if the food traps them here by some obscure fey contract of accepting hospitality, Veserya at least checks it for magic as she seats herself. Hmm, he mentioned Whimsical Sweets, that makes her wonder if he has anything to do with the nymph they had recent painful dealings with...
[20:45] <Kotono> Balyss sniffs the air and a moment later her stomach rumbles heavily. She goes to the food and starts making a plate, "Thanks," she says, helping herself.
[20:46] <Kotono> Lyris lingers back, coming to stand at Vo Silverbrow's side. She doesn't say anything a moment, but she sends him a long, searching look.
[20:46] <Veserya> "Thank you for the hospitality," the elf inclines her head, dipping some bread into a bowl and biting on it. "How exactly did we end up in your realm last night, Lord Silverbrow?"
[20:49] <Kotono> "Well, that's a story." He goes to sit, making his own plate up. Taking a strip of crispy bacon and using it to gesture like a pointer, "I was taking a walk outside and I'm just about to return home when I hear the sounds of carousing. All of you are coming along, drunk as lords. It just so happens that you saw my home before I could slip away and followed. Since you," A nod to Balyss, "Demanded
[20:49] <Kotono> somewhere to sleep in the name of Selune, I sent you upstairs."
[20:50] <Arachiel> "That sounds about right! Orval told me about something similar when you two met!" she laughs at Balyss.
[20:50] * Veserya looks at Balyss and shrugs slightly. She can see it happening, she admits to herself.
[20:51] <Kotono> "As far as Neveril could recollect," Going on, "You drank some sort of rare drink and then an entire bottle of strong alcohol. I suppose it explains much." He chuckles at that, eating his bacon and going on. "I've been deep in my cups before, 'tis no shame in it. Though you were beyond deep in your cups.  What in the devil did you drink?"
[20:54] <Arachiel> "It was strong enough to stand up on its own and fight us before we could drink it!"
[20:54] <Veserya> "There was legendary beer, some rather common ale, we definitely drank whiskey for that first round of Lyris's chugging game, but unfortunately that is where my memory starts to fail me," Veserya lists the best of her pathetically limited recollection.
[20:54] <Kotono> "Aaahahhaa. Strong indeed!" Vo chuckles as he continues to eat, "Where in the wide world did you come on a baby in the middle of the night, one with that sort of note?"
[20:55] <Veserya> "That," Veserya sighs softly, "We were hoping you could answer. If not you, perhaps someone... knew of Aaeru's orphanage... and... didn't notice how drunk she was?" she trails off and frowns, finding that altogether unsatisfactory as an explanation.
[20:57] <Kotono> "A question I can't, I'm afraid." Vo relents as he sighs a little as well, "My best guess is that this legendary beer had an effect on you or you got some manner of spiked drink."
[20:58] * Arachiel looks confused. "Spiked?"
[20:58] <Kotono> Balyss busies herself eating, coming up for air and a drink of milk. "At worst Ilmater's people can take him, and there are afew other orphanages at town."
[20:58] <Arachiel> "That sounds painful!"
[20:58] <Veserya> "It can't be the beer, that was the first thing I drank and I was fine for some time right up until the chugging game. And for that we all had different bottles, so they can't all have been drugged, surely?"
[20:59] <Kotono> Lyris eats lightly, just a nibble on a few rolls. "It means someone put an alchemical or magical brew into a drink. It's used to knock people out. It's good to avoid a fight, bad in the hands of a bastard who buys a girl a drink and takes advantage of her."
[21:00] * Veserya furrows her brow afterwards and looks at Balyss. "I hope no one hurt themselves on the sword we found. It must have been left at the beach."
[21:01] <Kotono> "Oh that," Vo Silverbrow gestures, the sword appearing on the table between a plate of eggs and bacon. "You brought it with you. You dropped it midway so I put it away. Nasty looking thing. Garish." With a wrinkle of his nose, "A cruel blade."
[21:02] <Veserya> "I was carrying that around while so drunk I can't remember?" Veserya boggles. "I'm amazed I'm still in one piece. It's a gnomish weapon Balyss and I found while swimming."
[21:03] <Arachiel> "Wow! Nice sword!" Arachiel looks at it. "Gnomish?"
[21:04] <Kotono> A thunderous glower comes onto Vo's face, "Gnomish trash," he gives the weapon a look so scathing that's a miracle it doesn't burst aflame.
[21:05] <Veserya> "Nice?" Veserya gives Arachiel a strange look. "Well, I suppose it's held up to the years well. But yes, it's a very cruel blade made by a very cruel people."
[21:06] <Kotono> "It has no place in the natural world. Gnomes sought to enslave nature under a yoke of slavery and cruelty. I would like to rid the world of this blight," he raises a hand, "With your permission, m'lady."
[21:09] <Veserya> "The gnomes are long dead, but their remains litter the earth. Destroying one barely enchanted blade will change nothing," Veserya points out, the historian in her loathe to destroy something so ancient, "But if it grants you peace, Lord Silverbrow, then by all means. Were you present when the gnomes still lived?" she asks more gently.
[21:09] <Arachiel> "Is the blade itself evil?" Arachiel asks.
[21:11] <Veserya> "I doubt it, the amount of magic still on it is barely enough for a basic sharpness enhancement nevermind something more involved."
[21:11] <Kotono> "Everything the gnomes touched was evil. I lived through that misery." His voice is low, as the blade crackles! In a burst it explodes into butterflies, dozens of them flying off in every direction, a burst of color! "Only now do the fey return to our natural place, banished and sealed from the natural world."
[21:12] <Arachiel> "You're a fey?" Arachiel asks, looking a bit suspicious.
[21:15] <Veserya> "Our own records of that time tell of great conflict and suffering. I am sorry for any pain you endured in those days," Veserya offers commiseratingly to the fey lord.
[21:21] <Kotono> "I am." Vo replies, smiling past that. "Thank you. Also, we owe you another reason for thanks. Senaril had turned into a blight on the natural world, but Whimsical Sweets ended her before she could go too far."
[21:22] <Arachiel> "She went pretty far, in my opinion." Arachiel says. "She killed half of our friends!"
[21:24] <Veserya> "Everything I heard of her was most dire," Veserya agrees with a grave nod. "It was such tragedies that drew me to your cause," she looks between Arachiel and Lyris as the other two members of Whimsical Sweets present.
[21:25] <Kotono> "She had to die," Lyris says, voice flat as a pancake. "That's all."
[21:25] * Arachiel nods. "I'm sorry that we had to kill her, but she was too evil to live. She liked being evil! Can you believe that?"
[21:25] <Kotono> Balyss nods as well, adding in her own opinion.
[21:26] <Kotono> "Don't be sad you had to kill her. She was deranged. You saved us the trouble of a punitive strike. I know it 'twas being discussed in the Seelie Court." Getting a bit more food, "I understand you've had troubles with us. A sordid affair of a misapproriated phoenix egg and then Senaril?"
[21:26] <Veserya> The phoenix egg sounds new to Veserya!
[21:27] <Arachiel> "I don't know anything about a phoenix egg...that was before my time! What have you heard?"
[21:27] <Veserya> Although wait... "You say 'troubles with us', am I to understand these two incidents had nothing to do with the Unseelie Court?" the elf interjects.
[21:28] <Kotono> "I speak of fey in the whole," Vo Silverbrow says, starting to smile, "Humans are not always are of the finer political points of fey life. But since you are, they were of the Unseelie Court or akin to them."
[21:29] * Veserya nods in understanding. "Fey are somewhat more relevant to daily life in Pallanth in recent years."
[21:30] <Kotono> "Yes." His agreement is a single word, "If I may ask your opinion of those affairs?"
[21:34] <Veserya> "For what my opinion matters? Embracing the sylvan lifestyle is a fad that will die out within a century or two," the elf replies politely. "There may always be a minority happy to live as fairies and nymphs do, but Pallanth will endure, and welcome back those who tire of such an unfettered life after a few decades."
[21:37] <Kotono> "Hmmm." Vo Silverbrow sips his drink and merely smiles. "Are you one of them, Veserya?" With an idle glance at Arachiel, "What of you?"
[21:39] <Veserya> "I much prefer the comforts of civilisation to the wilds," Veserya shakes her head, looking over Silverbrow's desmense, "And if I may be so bold, your own home has more in common with a stately manor to an arboreal glade."
[21:45] <Kotono> That provokes a grin, "We all have our little weaknesses," Vo Silverbrow admits, "Still, you're good and intriguing folk." He pauses a moment, as...
[21:45] * Arachiel smiles at the man. "I don't really know what's been going on over in Pallanth all too much. I've only been on this plane as a mortal for about two weeks now, I think. All I really care about is how you feel about Senaril's actions. She was really bad!"

Corwin

[21:54] <Kotono> Smiling back to Arachiel, "She was." He relaxes a fewm oments, waiting. It's not long until Aaeru and Neveril return, joining you once more. Once everyone is back, "Anything you dropped is waiting for you at the front door. Lyris' clothes, for example."
[21:55] <Aaeru> "Why did you drop them?" Aaeru wonders, looking at Lyris.
[21:55] * Arachiel laughs.
[21:57] <Kotono> Lyris shrugs, "It probably made sense at the time."
[21:59] <Aaeru> "I guess stripping and doing whatever and dressing up in each other's clothes made sense too," Aaeru muses, glancing at Balyss and Archie before shrugging. "So, like, I'm really sorry for uh bothering you I guess," she tells their host. "Can I do something for you as thanks?"
[22:02] <Kotono> "Aren't you a delightful young woman!" Vo laughs at this and shakes his head, "There's no need. In fact, I have an offer for all of you. M'lady thinks well of you and would offer a gift."
[22:04] * Aaeru looks down at Emily without even meaning to at his words before looking back at the baronet. If he doesn't want anything from her, then the least she could do is hear him out.
[22:04] <Arachiel> "A gift? Because we forced you to let us sleep here? This city is STRANGE."
[22:09] <Veserya> Since Veserya had nothing to do with the things he wants to reward the group for she holds her tongue.
[22:13] <Kotono> "For other things, mostly," Vo Silverbrow says, "The gift is a touch of the wild essence of nature."
[22:15] <Aaeru> "And you really don't want anything?" Aaeru asks him. "Like, if you think of something I could help you with later, let me know? I'm sure the others are like that too!"
[22:18] <Kotono> "Yes, we will," Vo replies with a moment's smile to Aaeru. "We are always in need of more friends."
[22:18] * Aaeru finds it easy to smile back!
[22:19] <Kotono> "A touch of the wild essence?" Curiously Lyris raises an eyebrow, leaning forward, "Speak plainly of what you mean."
[22:22] <Kotono> "A touch of the fey," Vo Silverbrow continues, "A lingering caress. It will attune you to the natural world." A nod to Aaeru, "She is not far removed from that state already, being so intertwined with Neveril."
[22:24] <Veserya> Recalling her conversation with Sir Aquaeous, Veserya enquires, "And are there any strings attached to this caress that might link the recipient to yourself or your Lady?"
[22:25] <Kotono> "In times of distress for the natural world, you may be called to aid us in it's defense," Vo Silverbrow nods once, "The Seelie Court would consider you retainers in my house, though this is purely a formality."
[22:31] * Arachiel nods. "It doesn't sound like it will hurt us. It won't hurt, will it?"
[22:31] <Veserya> "I wasn't present for the events with Senaril or the phoenix, so it would be unfair of me to accept any recompense," Veserya politely abstains for her own part.
[22:32] <Kotono> "It won't hurt," That draws a chuckle from Vo Silverbrow, "As you wish," A nod to Veserya, "But the offer stands if you are interested. A lady of such refinement would be welcome."
[22:33] <Kotono> Balyss hums as she continues to eat, "It wasn't really my battle, either. I already have the blood of the eladrin in my veins, thank yo8u."
[22:33] <Aaeru> "I'm okay with helping out," Aaeru repeats. "And I like nice fey, so that's neat." She considers for a moment, before asking, "Do you think you could, like, give Neve a hint on how to make a place like this?"
[22:34] <Kotono> Lyris shrugs again, "Maybe. I need to think about it before committing to anything." She says that part loud, glancing over at everyone.
[22:35] <Kotono> "That talk?" Rubbing his chin, "She's a bit young for it, but there's no harm in talking to her about it."
[22:37] <Veserya> Considering she hasn't had a chance to clean herself, Veserya thinks calling her refined is a bit overdone. Nonetheless she accepts the compliment with a smile. Sensing that Lyris would like some guidance, "I don't know if Marianne told you, Lyris, but we were offered a wish by those marid we performed for at Waukeen's temple. As we hesitated, the marid confessed that accepting such a wish would
[22:37] <Veserya> bind one's destiny to the will of the padisha, and applauded our wisdom in not eagerly rushing in. The Seelie court are surely less fickle, but even so you must decide if your independence is more important than whatever you might gain from this wild essence."
[22:38] <Kotono> "She did. It was exactly what was on my mind." Looking right at Vo, "You're a good host and this isn't an insult, but like hell if any of us should leap into something blind, and without having some long conversations first. What do you want from us? Do you want allies? Friends? Servants?"
[22:39] * Arachiel looks at Veserya. "Wow, I hadn't thought of that!"
[22:40] * Aaeru isn't suspicious one bit, since Neve had dispelled all her worries earlier. Still, a choice like this is something everyone should make on their own instead of having it dictated, and she just keeps quiet patiently.
[22:41] <Kotono> "Friendship and allies." His answer comes immediately, "The natural world is returning, but such a process takes time to re-establish itself to it's zenith. Friends who can help myself and other friends in the city of Balmuria would be a boon to us all. Allies...for if another catastrophie comes, we'll need all we can get. No one imagined the God-King of the Gnomes would come, someone repugnant to the core. We'll not make the same mistake again."
[22:42] <Aaeru> Meanwhile, Aaeru begins the slow process of ensuring Emily is clean and presentable, moving on to Neve afterwards and then to herself. When she is done, she can quietly help the rest of her friends!
[22:44] <Kotono> Lyris listens to all of that, then, "Alright. How about you come visit us in a few days, or we come visit you likewise? We can all rest up, think about it and figure out what to do."