News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on February 03, 2017, 10:17:07 AM
Dune, any thought to adding Disjunction as a Bard spell?

Is it on the epic bard list already?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 04, 2017, 02:39:18 AM
Does the Monk damage table (http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103074.msg1050460.html#msg1050460) go above level 20, or does Epic Monk not get additional damage boosts after 20?

They do not. Monk unarmed damage caps out at that.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on February 04, 2017, 11:06:38 AM
Quote from: Nephrite on February 03, 2017, 10:17:07 AM
Dune, any thought to adding Disjunction as a Bard spell?

Is it on the epic bard list already?

That'll teach me not to read. Yes, it's already there at 9, cool beans.

Anastasia

One issue with epic is that 10th+ spell level and 21st+ caster level effects are all lumped together via detect magic. As spell and caster levels can go quite a lot past that, this presents a problem. The simplest way to solve this is to make a solution and epic skill usage, as using a spell for this wouldn't be close to an epic spell, and using a non-epic spell to solve an epic issue like that is inelegant.

New Epic Skill Usage:

Spellcraft

TaskDC
Detect Magic Power40

Detect Magic Power

You can discern the exact spell level of functioning spells and the precise caster level of magical items with detect magic. When you detect the strength of an aura with detect magic, you learn the exact spell level or caster level, as appropriate.

Any comments?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Looks good to me, but then I don't know a ton of mechanics stuff. DC 40 seems like a take 10 thing, though.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 09, 2017, 02:09:33 AM
Looks good to me, but then I don't know a ton of mechanics stuff. DC 40 seems like a take 10 thing, though.

At your level? Yeah. It's meant to be a low epic skill usage. DC 40's something you can have a good shot at at level 21 with max ranks and a decent ability score supporting it. It's mainly to fix a problem with detect magic lumping any epic spell or epic caster levels together, which rapidly becomes problematic in epic.

An epic spellcaster or character with the ranks to use it shouldn't have any great difficulty doing this, that's working as designed.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

This seems up there with the spellcraft to identify items as a solid quality of life improvement we can all get behind.

Iron Dragoon

Expressing interest in permanency-ing both Epic Mage Armor and Superior Mighty Wallop. I *think* it's 11k and 10k respectively.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Take a look here first.

QuoteThe target, if a creature, must have hit dice equal to the spell to be made permanent times three. For example, a 2nd level spell requires a creature with six hit dice. If your hit dice are lower than this, you suffer a penalty to constitution equal to the difference between your hit dice and the required level. For example, a 2nd level creature with a permanent see invisibility effect would suffer a -4 penalty to constitution. This penalty cannot be overcome in any way as long as the permanent spell remains on the creature. If the creature lacks a constitution score, the permanency fails instead.

In any case, a creature cannot have more than two permanent spells active on him. Additional permanency spells fail. If a creature is willing, a successful dispel magic check can dispel permanency and thus the spell is was making permanent.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Holy shit we all survived.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

That's basically this entire adventure. Hell's been going seriously in at you.

This is why most mortals who genuinely offend Hell and get its attention - not just foiling a few plots or killing some mid/high rank devils - tend to quickly relocate to a safer plane that the Prime or die.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Yuth and Iddy, check your PMs.

Yuth, are you still working on epic astral constructs?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Replied.

Yes. If by "working on" you man "I had an idea about it and have progressed with it 0%".
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 13, 2017, 10:27:50 PM
Replied.

Yes. If by "working on" you man "I had an idea about it and have progressed with it 0%".

Catch me one evening where I'm coherent and we can brainstorm on it? It's usually not that hard once you get rolling a bit.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Dune, are you still working on epic spell ideas for me?  >_>
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake