"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on August 08, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Ditto on requests for reposting stuff:

My bow has the force property, which still requires ammunition and grants them the force property rather than just generating arrows out of force. How much would it cost so it -could- just generate arrows out of pure force?

Force Generation [Synergy]
Price: +1 bonus
Property: Projectile weapon
Caster Level: 12th
Synergy Prerequisite: Force

Your bow now gathers raw force out of everything around you, creating arrows to fire. You now no long need to supply arrows, each one is created when you pull the bow back. These arrows function as per normal for arrows fired from this type of weapon.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on August 08, 2011, 04:18:44 PM
Note for myself when I get here: Add rulings to house rules.

Done. Added a new house rule about how scales interacts with pre-existing natural armor for dragonfire adept. No matter if Eb's going to use that class or not, I feel this is a productive change.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Edited the story so far a little bit. Guys, you guys are going to want to not know each other at game start, yes?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

This device is a simple metal gauntlet. On command, one item held in the hand wearing the glove disappears. The item can weigh no more than 20 pounds and must be able to be held in one hand. While stored, the item has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the item reappears. The gauntlet is capable of containing the following:

-Up to sixty objects of the same general size and shape as an arrow.
-Up to eighteen objects of the same general size and shape as a javelin.
-As many as six objects of the same general size and shape as a bow (spears, staffs, or the like).

Storing or retrieving any item is a free action. The items are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored items appears instantly. The wearer can choose which of them to hold; the rest drop to the ground around him.

Basically, combined the glove of storing with the efficient quiver here.

This device is a simple metal gauntlet. By speaking the proper command word, you can summon armor from it. While stored, the armor has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the armor reappears. If it were stored along with the suit of armor, a shield appears on the proper arm unless that arm cannot hold it.

If you aren't wearing armor at the time, a suit of stored armor appears on your body, as though you had donned it in the normal fashion. [Activation: Standard].
If you are wearing other armor at the time, it is stored into the gauntlet at the same time the new suit of armor appears on your body [Activation: Full Round].
If you are wearing armor, you may send it away into the gauntlet [Activation: Standard].

The gauntlet is capable of holding up to six suits of armor and six shields. The armors are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored armors appears instantly. If the wearer is not currently in armor, he can choose which of them to don; the rest drop to the ground around him.

Combining the function behind Called/Recalled with Glove of Storing, this time.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Yes, let's meet IC. It'd be cool!

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 08, 2011, 05:38:53 PM
This device is a simple metal gauntlet. On command, one item held in the hand wearing the glove disappears. The item can weigh no more than 20 pounds and must be able to be held in one hand. While stored, the item has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the item reappears. The gauntlet is capable of containing the following:

-Up to sixty objects of the same general size and shape as an arrow.
-Up to eighteen objects of the same general size and shape as a javelin.
-As many as six objects of the same general size and shape as a bow (spears, staffs, or the like).

Storing or retrieving any item is a free action. The items are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored items appears instantly. The wearer can choose which of them to hold; the rest drop to the ground around him.

Basically, combined the glove of storing with the efficient quiver here.

This device is a simple metal gauntlet. By speaking the proper command word, you can summon armor from it. While stored, the armor has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the armor reappears. If it were stored along with the suit of armor, a shield appears on the proper arm unless that arm cannot hold it.

If you aren't wearing armor at the time, a suit of stored armor appears on your body, as though you had donned it in the normal fashion. [Activation: Standard].
If you are wearing other armor at the time, it is stored into the gauntlet at the same time the new suit of armor appears on your body [Activation: Full Round].
If you are wearing armor, you may send it away into the gauntlet [Activation: Standard].

The gauntlet is capable of holding up to six suits of armor and six shields. The armors are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored armors appears instantly. If the wearer is not currently in armor, he can choose which of them to don; the rest drop to the ground around him.

Combining the function behind Called/Recalled with Glove of Storing, this time.

First one is 12000 GP, the second one is 14000 GP. I presume from the way it's split up that you mean two distinct magical items here.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Planar writeup is 1/3rd done. I should finish it tomorrow night with any luck.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

Quick question for background info, how do gnomes fit into our world?

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on August 09, 2011, 10:20:25 AM
Quick question for background info, how do gnomes fit into our world?

They exist but are reclusive, often seen as a sub-species of dwarf. They worship dwarven or human deities. More information can be provided on request.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Willim sheet audit go go go go go go!

Check your background, you have some notepad line breaks that need to be fixed.

Your sheet looks good otherwise.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jaela sheet audit.

Your concentration skill is two points short. It should be +21 (16 ranks + +5 con modifier). A few of your skills also might be off, not sure if you're done fiddling with them or not.

Everything else looks good!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Eb, your sheet looks good. I'm happy I'm finding very few mistakes in these!
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Concentration edited, my bad. What else you think is off skillwise? I doubt I'll be changing anything at this point, so you can consider them finalized.

Anastasia

Just making sure you have everything in order with skills. If you don't see any more mistakes it should be fine.
<Afina> Forever.