Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Gaming for Monday(If it happens) and Tuesday will likely be small and side things, just FYI.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 19, 2011, 02:42:37 AM
No. Even if you ignore the ToB thing a moment, a feat that gives you a plentiful source of new smites out of the blue isn't reasonable.

It's only anti-fiend, but sure. In this case, I'd like to swap out Blade of Force for Protection Devotion. Ang-chan gives that one alongside the Knowledge.

Quote from: Anastasia on November 19, 2011, 02:50:27 AM
Changes go without incident. I gotta ask, why Shield of Warding? You don't use a shield.

Fell the Greater Foe and Shield of Warding were taken with Afina and Dana in mind. What do you know, they're both touch.  >_>
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

I <3 Jaela.

Wanted that spell so bad, if only it was on the sorc list...

Corwin

Dune, I was reading the custom stuff, and I came across this:

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101739.msg1023444.html#msg1023444

It was your list of ACFs for the Paladin's mount. I remember asking you about what could exist for the Favored Soul's wings and you told me to come up with something, but what if we just use this? One of your proposed features is said wings, so if they're all equal any of them could qualify here.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 19, 2011, 05:14:56 AMIt's only anti-fiend, but sure. In this case, I'd like to swap out Blade of Force for Protection Devotion. Ang-chan gives that one alongside the Knowledge.

Okay. How many devotion feats does that put you at?

QuoteFell the Greater Foe and Shield of Warding were taken with Afina and Dana in mind. What do you know, they're both touch.  >_>

Hah, okay.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 19, 2011, 10:38:33 AM
Dune, I was reading the custom stuff, and I came across this:

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101739.msg1023444.html#msg1023444

It was your list of ACFs for the Paladin's mount. I remember asking you about what could exist for the Favored Soul's wings and you told me to come up with something, but what if we just use this? One of your proposed features is said wings, so if they're all equal any of them could qualify here.

Which feature do you have in mind?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

-2, of course. Knowledge and Protection, both coming from my patron.

-The domain appeals the most, without a doubt. In a pinch, I could do with +3 clerical levels for the purpose of calculating Turning or with DR/-.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 19, 2011, 02:24:10 PM
-2, of course. Knowledge and Protection, both coming from my patron.

-The domain appeals the most, without a doubt. In a pinch, I could do with +3 clerical levels for the purpose of calculating Turning or with DR/-.

If you want yet another domain, who am I to argue?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cor, do you remember how I ruled on Dragonfire Strike for Seira?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Although I've spent a lot of skill points on craft (weapon) (and am thinking of taking armour to go with it starting next level), by the rules I can't do anything except make masterwork weapons. Even if I take Craft Magic Arms & Armour, each enchantment requires a specific spell, which as a sorcerer I'm quite unlikely to have.

On the other hand, various NPC crafters in Balmuria 1 were able to make exciting gear by having access to rare and powerful materials which we PCs would often acquire for them. Any chance of getting a lead on stuff Afina could use to make excitingly powerful weapons, like the Crystalvein stuff from last time?

Anastasia

With Tepen, Annalise and a few others around, I figure you can get the spells you need cast anyway. I'm not really inclined to quibble over it or care. If all goes well, you'll have the resources you need for this anyway.

As for special materials and items, sure. Keep your eyes open, I like to do that stuff sometimes. The gray ice-water in Hades had one attached, remember.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Here's your info from Baleruk. Make of it what you will and prepare and plan. Do note the 'suggestions' at the bottom are in character for Baleruk, if it wasn't obvious enough. This in no way dictates your own strategy.

Arandalhaz has his abode within Air, in a region known as the Earthfalls. Due to planar phenomenon there is an erratic portal that deposits rocks and hunks of earth within this area. Much of it falls away - giving name to the area - but some of it lingers within the Earthfall. Here there is faint gravity and miles and miles of airy caves. Air elementals and various quasi and para elementals live there, as well as other odd things. It's not a well understood region and remote. What makes it worse is that it's currently warded quite extensively. Teleportation, scrying, plane shifting, divinations and other magics are all stopped cold in the entire area. This is a new development according to Baleruk, the work of the dragon gods who wish to deny his rightful place!

What's worse is that servants of Tiamat, Bahamut and other draconic deities have been confirmed there. The presence of competing dragon factions is a grave sign that Arandalhaz is under unified divine protection. Worse yet, Baleruk has divined rumors that several groups of mercenaries have been rumored to have gone to Air and perhaps Earthfall. Arandalhaz is also known to have servitor kobolds, goblins, ogres, dire wolves and other similar creatures.

Planar Traits within Earthfall

As Air with the following changes:

- Weak Objective Gravity. While there is gravity within the Earthfall, it is weak. Jump and Climb checks benefit from a +25 bonus within the Earthfall and creatures suffer only 1 point of falling damage per 30 feet. In addition, weapon ranges are doubled within Earthfall due to minimal resistance. Due to the awkwardness of low gravity, there is a -3 penalty to Balance, Ride, Swim and Tumble checks within Earthfall. This replaces the No Gravity trait of Air.
- Normal Magic. Due to the unusually high concentration of earth and soil within the Earthfall, there are no changes to magic here. This replaces enhanced magic and impeded magic.

Suggestions

I, Baleruk, the first perfect prismatic dragon, shall offer you my wisdom. Listen well, for I have spent long pondering this corundum. You must be wary and understand they expect my glorious presence to attack! To that they have surely dedicated all their strength in places a dragon of my stature would deign to assault. THEY COWER IN THE DARK OPENINGS AND PLACES, HOPING TO STOP MY PRISMATIC MAJESTY! THEY FEAR MY MIGHT AND RESIST ME WITH ALL THEY HAVE!

Fools that they are, surely less obvious means of attack may be possible. The most cowardly and weakest will huddle in fear in the smallest cave entrances, like pathetic gnats before me. Strike them hard, for cowards like them will be soundly scared off with a powerful attack! If you have power WORTHY of my aid, perhaps even a direct assault will fell them! No matter. Once you are inside you must track down Arandalhaz! The feeble dragonling will surely be hiding in the deepest and darkest corner, surrounded by pathetic minions of fearful dragon gods! Strike them down! Strike them all down and scatter them to the four winds! Arandalhaz wastes his potential, take it from him with Val'Finnegan! Show them that the might of a true prismatic dragon is incomprehensible to them.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Well...You certainly had fun typing Baleruk's 'suggestion'. >_>
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.