News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

It's borderline. Technically you're still outside, but on the other hand you're under a sphere of force and protected. Would you be taking it anytime soon?

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

After Troll. So...probably not? If I really get attached to it, I might interrupt Troll with it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Ask me if you decide to then.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Quote from: Anastasia
Re: 3.0 haste.

I'm still evaluating it, though it's clearly potent stuff. If it does get the nerf bat, any suggestions on another class feature to replace it? No decision will come until Earthfall is done, not gonna make a change midway.

I can think a few alternatives.

Reduce the scope of the ability: Reduce it to only an extra move action rather than a move or standard, and allow spells to be cast as quickened (possibly with further restrictions?)

Remove the ability and up static bonuses to compensate: Get rid of it for another boost to swift surge bonuses (+1 AC/attack/+1d6 damage/+10 movement) or restore a caster level.

Replace it with a different ability: Just make something up that's cool and speed-thematic. Off the top of my head... a whirlwind attack variant that lets you make a single attack on every opponent within say 1/2 movement? I'm sure there are other potential ideas that could work as well.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Okay. After combing the NPC lists, it's like this:

Adrian, disable device +19, listen/spot +20, trapfinding
Annalise, search +36, spot/listen +36, trapfinding
Tannin, search +21, listen/spot +18, trapfinding
Lief, search +17, listen/spot +19, trapfinding

For PCs, Afina has Blindsense 30 and search +24 and the ability to cast Greater Heroism. I can cast Greater Heroism as well, and Good Hope as a lesser version of that for purpose of boosting skill checks. I can also be on hand with Resurgence in case of badness.

I figure we have the time, so Annalise can take 20 searching and get 4 aid rolls to that to boost her results. And if something is invisible/unseen or is trapped, we have that covered as well.

How does this sound?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

No way on taking 20 to search a city-sized asteroid. We'd be here for months!

Maybe take 20 on the hoard room, but the rest should just be rolled for or taken 10'd.

Corwin

I meant the hoard room, yes. On the rest, let's take ten to avoid clogging things down with infinite rolls.

Corwin

Oh, and I'll Dispel Evil and Break Enchantment Ithea just in case, not to mention check if that weird rainbow crap is still in her with DM/DE. Resurgence might help as well, if I still see her affected.

Anastasia

1st bit of information added, the interrogation of the cornugon prisoner.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

NPCs updated with various trophies.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Misalea gained a catch up level for participating and getting a chance to fight. She took Sentinel 2 and Arcane Duelist 2. This gives her +cha mod to AC and saves, as well an additional +4 sacred to saves vs mind effecting abilities of evil outsiders. In addition, she retrained into Moon-Warded Ranger. She loses her old combat styles and gains +wis to AC and conditional damage reduction. Further, she traded in animal companion for a bonus feat, which she used to take Snowflake Wardance.

Girl's serious about trying to be a warrior.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lief's level up and a bunch of other stuff will be done tomorrow.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Props on the battle report, Dune. As far as the dead pixie goes, Afina personally disdains resurrection but would take it herself in the current situation. She and Crystal'll talk to the other pixies and find out who knows the dead one and what their feelings were, then go back to the Jarl?

Yuthirin

Because I feel like an asshole this morning:

Quote from: Anastasia on December 17, 2011, 01:08:20 AM
Below are summaries of your major battles. Relevant information, such as loot, will be cross posted in the appropriate topics.

DO NOT REPLY IN THIS TOPIC. TAKE IT TO LOOT FOR TREASURE OR NAGGING FOR ANYTHING ELSE. IF YOU POST HERE I WILL PERSONALLY DELETE YOUR POST AND JUST STARE AT YOU WHEN YOU ASK WHAT IS UP, LIKE "WHAT BITCH, DIDN'T READ THE FUCKING FIRST POST, DID YOU?"[
So yeah, don't do that.

:)