News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Couldn't find anything homebrew that looked decent, and I couldn't come up with any ideas of my own that really felt 'chaotic', so I'll probably go with Chaos Devotion.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Added feats and curse to Annalise and Kascha. Annalise took Anarchic Devotion as a bonus feat, retrained her first level feat to Empower Spell and rejiggered her feats a bit to fit how her battle role has worked out.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Baleruk is up. I hope the potential power he gives you makes up for any enemies and trouble you made getting him.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Hanna's posted.

For what it's worth, I didn't think that picture quite fit, but others disagreed. So why not?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lw vwb abwx. Lw vwb zmtmvb. Bpqa qa wvtg bpm jmoqvvqvo. Jwe bw vwvm epw ewctl wxxwam gwc nwz ivg zmiawv. Bpm wvtg abzmvobp gwc kiv kwcvb wv qa gwcz wev.

Eizowg lvra vy mzwzl ajvu.

21 ta fis swr as ozckmxcmee. 21 vhv qkuterc lav Qfbsh qm Ttioxl, Igiyor bvj smea Eig. 21 mf b flbllf fhk l wtic.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Do not stop. Do not relent. This is only the beginning. Bow to none who would oppose you for any reason. The only strength you can count on is your own.

Tepen brute-forced it, key was Limbo.

'Tannin lies in every word.'

'21 is the key to everything. 21 can destroy the Child of Lifasa, Abigor and even Bel. 21 is a battle for a soul.'

Corwin

[23:57] <Jaela> roll 1d20+18 K:P, Lixer
[23:57] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+18 K:P, Lixer and gets 30." [1d20=12]

Do we know about his weaknesses? His strengths? Whether he's a quasideity? If a special weapon/type of weapon to harm him exists? If he can be contained by our jail?

Corwin

Rules confirmation, btw. If I have a +4 evil outsider bane weapon (effective +6 weapon vs fiends), does it bypass the DR/epic of fiends?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 03, 2012, 05:59:06 PM
[23:57] <Jaela> roll 1d20+18 K:P, Lixer
[23:57] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+18 K:P, Lixer and gets 30." [1d20=12]

Do we know about his weaknesses? His strengths? Whether he's a quasideity? If a special weapon/type of weapon to harm him exists? If he can be contained by our jail?

Lixer is an Archduke of Hell and the son of Asmodeus. He is far less known than his half sister Glasya, at partially due to her more prestigious position in Hell. He is known as the Archduke of the Undead and has powers along those lines, though more information is not known to Jaela. As an archduke, you'd at least need an epic, silvered, holy weapon to wound him and possibly more.

Quote from: Corwin on January 04, 2012, 01:45:52 PM
Rules confirmation, btw. If I have a +4 evil outsider bane weapon (effective +6 weapon vs fiends), does it bypass the DR/epic of fiends?

Yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay! Once scenes wrap up tomorrow we're going to be moving onto new things. I want an agenda worked out before then. What are you going to be doing and what order are you doing it. Feel free to have a disclaimer of extra things if what you're doing now takes an unanticipated turn.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Immediate plans?

Various NPCs with Divination spells try to track down Anna (hell, maybe even a Sending might work, how many Anna's chasing after 21 can there be?)
PCs try to get a weapon suitable for murdering Lixer (if we scrape together 26k or so Afina can make a +4 evil outsider bane silvered weapon in a pinch so we can at least hurt him, but hopefully something more permanent?)

Mid-term plans?

Kill Lixer
Find a green dragon to kill so we can recruit Gisfal. Super rich one on Mineral sounds cool.
Find out about devils with Afina's queen/Tepen's soul so we can go liberate both.

Suggestions/comments?

edit: Need more like 50k for a +4 evil outsider bane holy silvered weapon, actually.

Yuthirin

I believe we still have the Apples of Idun to grab. Now that we have the Master, we just might have a way in. You know, with the god blood and all.

Also, I was perusing Tannin's thread and I came across the fact that Elrisa's old Knights of the Graceful Blow are still languishing in dwarven prisons and it would probably be good for our armies and their morale if we went and rescued them.

Other than that, I'm hoping to kill that green dragon and be done with that.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Immediate plans are to resolve any issues on the Aurora once negotiations at the Cauldron are done, and ensure we have some means of killing/holding Lixer. Do we really need a holy weapon, or can a regular good-aligned/blessed one do it?

I'd like to talk to Tannin and set priorities for stuff to investigate. He basically told us 'do it one/two at a time, and I can investigate more on the following stuff' so I want to settle that. I also wanna see if the Limbo dragons can be tracked, since Speak With Dead or somesuch will surely tell us where their stuff is.

Mid-term plan is advancing towards Lixer. If we actually have time for intermediary stuff, I really want to do the ring redemption quest and/or try to recruit an awesome healer from Arvandor.

Comments:
Eb/Yeah, the second one about the queen and the soul is pretty much what I want to ask about once he resolves the stuff currently left open. The green dragon doesn't interest me, I'm honestly sure one will attack us before long.
Yuth/Well, he's your Master, bring it up? It's weird if we do it.

Anastasia

To do list. Strike through means it is done, italics means it is underway.

1. Various NPCs with Divination spells try to track down Anna (hell, maybe even a Sending might work, how many Anna's chasing after 21 can there be?)
1a. Go to layer 209 and find the portal to 210.
2. PCs get a weapon suitable for murdering Lixer.
3. Find another green dragon so you can recruit Gisfal.
4. Find out about the devils with Afina's Queen and Tepen's soul so both can be liberated.
5. Get apples of Idun for the sage.
6. Save Elrisa's old allies from the human-dwarf alliance.
7. Talk to Tannin. (Currently away on Ithea's latest request.)
8. Try tracking down the Limbo dragon corpses and casting speak dead on them to find hordes. You forgot to go back for them, didn't you?
9. If time permits: Ring quest and find another healer from Arvandor.

Anything else to add?

Quote from: Corwin on January 05, 2012, 11:46:41 AM
Immediate plans are to resolve any issues on the Aurora once negotiations at the Cauldron are done, and ensure we have some means of killing/holding Lixer. Do we really need a holy weapon, or can a regular good-aligned/blessed one do it?

By holy I meant something that bypasses damage reduction/evil. As far as you know, anyway, since as noted information on Lixer is fairly obscure.
<Afina> Forever.