News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Well, Ithea's the only one I think about when we make tired cat jokes!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

But seriously for a sec, I read the logs. Willim got told a girlfriend, especially a unique one, would work well. He was also told a cat is fine too. So it make sense to bring at least one of those along.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[02:02] <Jaela> roll 1d20+21 GI
[02:02] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+21 GI and gets 22." [1d20=1]

Merc

[18:18] <Merc> roll d20+22 GI for Jaela
[18:18] * Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+22 GI for Jaela and gets 27." [d20=5]
[18:18] <Merc> not much better
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

As mentioned in chat, I want to talk to our local exotic stuff dealer and seeing if he has anything interesting to trade a 23,500g weapon for (or up to 24k since I also have 500g in hand) that has the ghost touch property and is a polearm of some sort. Doesn't have to be a glaive, I'll retrain weapon focus if need be, though that's preferred.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on January 12, 2012, 07:42:28 PM
I want to use a Sending to Sylvie to tell her we think it'd be neat to meet and that she can have a home/friends with us if she likes. Also, we hate devils and Abigor, too.

But that's brief and I don't really intend to pursue her. My plan is to go to Brightwater and GI for a meeting place for Tyr's clergy there, then go meet with them on Brightwater's neutral ground.

Since Yuth will be missing for the week, he can challenge Sharess again? Perhaps +masochistic girlfriend, perhaps +kitten?

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101749.msg1030148.html#msg1030148

Also: Ithea could actually help if she came along, since Sharess likes cats.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on January 12, 2012, 08:19:04 PM
[18:18] <Merc> roll d20+22 GI for Jaela
[18:18] * Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+22 GI for Jaela and gets 27." [d20=5]
[18:18] <Merc> not much better

There's a few Tyr presences in Brightwater. While Tyr isn't much for trading, a few paladins and clerics occasionally pay call to Brightwater. Finding one is a matter of trying and a bit of persistence. More looking can find them. As for a place to meet them, is there anywhere in mind or just a generic Brightwater place?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Well, we know that Celestia has a trading company that's basically a front for their agents. I figured either something like that, or just a place they prefer to frequent. I figure having a temple established in the divine realm of another deity is rude, but a sort of embassy is fine? Of course, if there is no specific bar or inn they prefer to use, I'll just walk around looking for some. Spamming GI might work well, since they'd become aware of repeated GI attempts to find them.

Corwin

Edited for final changes

Spells:

I'm getting Greater Spell Immunity, Mass Death Ward (SC p61) and Lion's Roar (SC p133) for lvl8, Blood to Water (SC p33) for lvl7, Greater Dispel Magic for lvl6, Meteoric Strike (PHB2 p121) for lvl5.
I want to grab Divine Insight (SC p70) and Stretch Weapon (PHB2 p127) instead of Shatter and Make Whole.

After asking in PM, I swapped my domains (Moon for Knowledge, and took Travel out). Then I exchanged the domain power and domain spells of the Knowledge domain for Knowledge Devotion. That freed up a feat slot for Divine Defiance. That's about the real changes.

Merc

Summary of Ithea's level-up:
  • +1 to all saves
  • +1 BAB
  • +1 STR
  • +1 Inspiration
  • Arcane Dilettante (can memorize a level 0 spell, currently defaulting to Message)
  • Learned Shout and got an extra spell/day for level 2,3 and 4 spells.
  • Spell Power went up to +4.
  • Retrained sneak attack to the feat variant from UA, had to rearrange some feats. I did pick up Savvy Rogue (lets me use Opportunist as often as I can through CR instead of just 1/round, though still only once per foe) over the Armor Specialization I was originally considering, though. All the other feats I said I was considering, I picked up, Dune.
  • Since I had two ACFs that required SA, retrained those. Penetrating Strike -> Minor Lore & Distracting Attack -> Uncanny Bravery.
  • I retrained Interposing Hand for Dimension Door, it has more range than dimension hop and once or twice I've had to think over whether I can use dimension hop or not. Plus could be neater if I can get a bunch of us into full attack range once in a while with quick cast instead of just me.
  • Made a correction with the reflex save and hit points, both were one point lower than they should be (hit point I caught when rolling HP, so topic is up to date)
  • Added the ranger-in-a-can Cloak

Anastasia

Quick level up summaries, batch 1.

Adrian's done. Of note, rolled a 5 on a d10 for hit points, he got +1 bab, +1 will, +1d6 sneak attack, damage reduction 10/magic, draconic aura(senses) as a feat and that's about it. The aura is currently +3 spot/listen/initiative. Level Rating: 6/10. Got a few nice things.

Misalea's done. Of note, rolled a 4 on a d10 for hit points, +1 bab, invisibility 1/day as an SLA, aura of courage, celestial fortitude (+2 saves vs evil and evil outsiders, mettle on fort saves against evil outsider abilities), +1 ref and will, +1 charisma to 30. Need to feat dive for her, put her 12 feat off on purpose since I wanted to jmake a judgment call when she got here. Went with Extra Smiting for now. Level Rating: 5/10. Not bad. Not great and it can't compete with last level, but nothing can.

Dana's done. Of note, rolled a 4 on a d12 for hit points, +1 bab, +1 dodge AC from Dwarven Defender, gained a 4th use per day of defensive stance, +1 fort, spent all her SP on K:Psi to set up pre-reqs for Warmind, gained Greater Weapon Focus and Melee Weapon Mastery as feats for +3 hit/+2 damage. I was going to do mantled warrior, but I decided basic psionics are enough to learn right now without complicating it. Took Vigor as her new power. Level Rating: 5/10. Bracingly average. The feats do help a bunch, though.

Tannin's done. Of note, I corrected his base unarmed damage to 3d8. Rolled a 4 on a d8 for hit points, +1 bab, gained another use of smite the guilty, grabbed rainbow pattern as his new spell and gained another 4th level spell per day, took Silent Spell as his feat. Level Rating: 3/10. Bleh, a real nothing level. There's no impressive capstone for Vigilante at 10, so it's more of the same. Battle Dancer is a down level too.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Mini-batch since getting sick again.

Arrel's done. Of note, he rolled a 4 on a d10. Lots of that this time 'round. He got +1 bab, +2 fort, +1 ref and will, grabbed rapidstrike and power attack as feats. I was going to go barbarian but I decided this was too much. Level Rating: 2/10. Required and useful filler, but still filler.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quick level up summaries, batch 2.

Lief's done. Of note, rolled a 5 on a d10 for hit points. He got +1 bab, added his third iterative attack that I forgot last level, +1d6 sneak attack, team initiative bonus+1, fort +1 and reflex+2, took Spectral Skirmisher as a feat. Level Rating: 4/10. Not terrible but not that great. Dread Commando pays off nicely each level, but not all at once. Once he finishes Dread Commando and picks up Darkstalker at 15, he'll be scarily good at sneaking.

Crystal's done. Of note, rolled a 1 on a d10 for hit points. She got +1 bab, +2 fort and reflex, Sacred Vow(Retrained as her 3rd level feat, Fey Knight went to 15), Celestial Mount and Trample as feats. Gained a 4th level paladin spell charge and memorized Holy Sword.  Level Rating: 6/10. Mostly for Hope, who gains a buncha things this level.

Hope's done. He gained the benefits of the Celestial template and advanced to the next category of special mount. Next level is a companion boost, so he'll still growing stronger.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina gets +1 bab, all saves (battle fortitude ups fort this level, also +1 init), time stop, +1 AC on skirmish, +1 charisma, a bunch of spells - took Planar Binding, Fabricate, and Dimensional Anchor, and retrained Greater Disrupt Undead for Magic Circle against Evil. Also upped all skills except dance by 1, and took 3 ranks in craft (sculpture) for future golems.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on January 13, 2012, 08:59:35 PM
  • Arcane Dilettante (can memorize a level 0 spell, currently defaulting to Message)

I'll pull a Cor here and put in a recommendation for prestidigitation instead. It has less utility than message, but it's a style boost.

• Retrained sneak attack to the feat variant from UA, had to rearrange some feats. I did pick up Savvy Rogue (lets me use Opportunist as often as I can through CR instead of just 1/round, though still only once per foe) over the Armor Specialization I was originally considering, though. All the other feats I said I was considering, I picked up, Dune.

Do me a favor and list them here along with what any unusual ones do? Ditto with minor lore so I have on hand what it does precisely.
<Afina> Forever.