News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Annalise will offer Mage Armor and Superior Invisibility to any who need it, though she'd prefer not to cast too many Superior Invisibilities due to wanting some level 8 charges to blow. Hanna will pointedly decline Annalise's offer, and make a few other pertinent comments about her magic. This in turn leads to a few obvious snipes, and a comment that Hanna can keep her 'inferior magic from fickle, hypocritical powers' to herself. As that blows over, Hanna will offer Exalted Raiment to any good aligned character (doesn't work on non-good), as well as Freedom of Movement and Shield of Faith. If several people want Shield of Faith, she'll rejigger to memorize a Mass Shield of Faith.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Looking I suspect a Mass Shield of Faith is in the offing, since most of you have minimal/no deflection bonus to armor class.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Further aside while reading sheets. For your armor class, make sure you note how the AC is tallied, like so.

AC: 39 (+1 size, +7 dex, +10 cha +1 natural armour, +3 dodge, +1 deflection, +6 armour) touch 32, flat-footed 19 (+5 dodge when moving 20 feet)

Doesn't have to be precisely like that, as long as I can look and see a breakdown of how your AC is tallied up. Thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Ithea will pre-cast RE(fire/electricity/acid) and GMW.

She can channel them for sharing, though for GMW I think the only one who benefits from that besides me is Yuth. Everyone else has a +4 weapon or better, I think.

Don't have preferences for who to share RE with (can share with three people).
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on February 04, 2012, 11:30:53 PMFurther aside while reading sheets. For your armor class, make sure you note how the AC is tallied.
Done.

Merc

QuotePositioning-wise, I imagine Hanna being in the center (given she would be seen as the largest threat due to their instructions) with Annalise and myself flanking her, and Willim slightly ahead. Ithea can either be by his side to get AoOs on everyone charging at us, or behind to still be able to participate due to her greater range. Up to Merc and Yuth.
I'm okay in either position.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 04, 2012, 11:44:11 PM
Don't have preferences for who to share RE with (can share with three people).

Annalise doesn't feel like she needs it and Hanna would rather cast it herself if she feels she needs it, as far as those two go.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

A Mass Shield of Faith could work, although it's also not really necessary. Holy Aura offers deflection, and if anyone really needs it I can precast Shield of Faith normally.
Superior Invis-wise, Afina is probably the only one who could benefit from it, since the rest of us are the decoy.
Please have them ward from fire at the very least, I know they have regen but it's just dumb to ignore that it _hurts to be burned by fire_, they're not Dana. (I will rant IC, I really will!)
I'll pass on Mage Armor unless we come across ghosts.
Exalted Raiment isn't bad, but is Hanna sure she wants to offer it? Unhealable Str damage while going off to fight a hundred cornugons in Hell doesn't sound like a winning plan. I think it gives Sacred anyway, and I have Protection Devotion for that.

QuoteI'm okay in either position.

Go for the front, then, with Willim.

*  W  *   I   *
J   *  H   *   A

Say each symbol represents a 5ft square.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Some additional thoughts.

Close Wounds is a pretty useful immediate action lvl2 spell, and if Hanna has a casting or two of it, then along with mine it might prevent someone from dying.
How about Phantom Steeds? They're fragile, but also pretty quick and last for hours. With a base speed of 240ft and the ability to fly, we can cover those 9,999ft of dimensional lock pretty quickly. If we know of a spot where we can stop and leave them tethered near the outer wall, greater. If not, well... the cornugons attacking them means they're not attacking us.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Afina doesn't need superior invisibility herself, but having a scroll of it to use on Ilsenine would make their extraction a whole lot simpler.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 05, 2012, 08:53:39 AM
Some additional thoughts.

Close Wounds is a pretty useful immediate action lvl2 spell, and if Hanna has a casting or two of it, then along with mine it might prevent someone from dying.
How about Phantom Steeds? They're fragile, but also pretty quick and last for hours. With a base speed of 240ft and the ability to fly, we can cover those 9,999ft of dimensional lock pretty quickly. If we know of a spot where we can stop and leave them tethered near the outer wall, greater. If not, well... the cornugons attacking them means they're not attacking us.

She can memorize a few Close Wounds, she's gonna go make a temporary spell list for this excursion tonight.

Do any of you have access to Phantom Steed? It's bard and sor/wiz 3 and I know Annalise doesn't have it. Checking sheets none of you do, so you'd need someone like Tepen to cast it before you leave Aurora.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on February 05, 2012, 11:09:17 AM
Afina doesn't need superior invisibility herself, but having a scroll of it to use on Ilsenine would make their extraction a whole lot simpler.

Okay. If you want one go hop over to loot and purchase it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Reminder: The matter of funding the diplomatic trip to Mechanus remains. Adrian offered his old sword to sell if all else fails. I want a decision here before session start, or we'll begin the session figuring it out. It's been a bit lost in the preparatory shuffle, so let's get this resolved one way or another now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also, erinyes will probably not be interrogated until tomorrow night, as the thrust of questions towards them seem less involved with the Bloodletting Peak and more with whomever they serve. Depends on how much I get done in light of other DM work. If there's something you really need to know from them before this assault, speak up now before I go to bed in 2-3 hours.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I think he's going to have to sell his sword, since the Aurora funds -are- lower than what their team is likely to need, and he's offering. I'd personally be okay with him getting his money back from those funds when they grow too.