"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 10, 2012, 08:16:29 PM
Queen Ilsenine and Morniel are there in advisory capacity, in a sense. They're pretty much civilians and shouldn't hold army rank, from how I see it.

For Muirfinn, let's just make him a colonel for being from Lifasa?

I wasn't sure on Morniel for that reason, so up to you guys on him.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 10, 2012, 08:17:57 PM
Do the people in leadership positions actually want to be in leadership positions? And is there anyone not in leadership position who really wants to be?

Majors: Annalise, Misalea*, Dana, Tannin, Arrel, The Jarl, Lief, The Master, Baleruk, Sylvie, Canderella, Sage Vul'lath.
Colonels: Elder Magi Tepen, Crystal, Drena, Kascha, Hanna, Morniel**, Mirima.
Generals: Afina, Jaela, Ithea, Adrian.

Annalise wouldn't mind more power. She certainly pulls her weight and then some, doesn't she? Dana wouldn't fuckin' mind either. Tannin's too busy and often away, Arrel's not a leader as it stands. The Jarl actually is a leader to be fair, so he could certainly be promoted. Lief isn't that enthralled with leadership, he's more of a special operative type. Baleruk RULES ALL ANYWAY, Sylvie's not the take charge leader type, Canderella and Vul'lath are both low. The middle rank is about right. Adrian will want to keep his position if asked.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'm with Corwin regarding Morniel and Muirfinn.

I don't have a problem with Annalise getting colonel rank. I worry a little over how much of her interest would be because Hanna is getting that rank and also how many troops are comfortable being led by a vampire. I'm pretty sure a good chunk of our forces would actually be okay with following her after having been in some battles with her though. Still, I'd be curious about getting a better feel of that before granting her the higher rank.

I'm fine with Dana and the Jarl at either rank, and no preference for promoting or leaving them there.

The others are fine at the rank suggested.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on March 10, 2012, 07:50:57 PM
Too busy daydreaming about Annalise, Jaela and game of hide the longsword?

Spoiler: ShowHide
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on March 10, 2012, 08:16:29 PM
For Muirfinn, let's just make him a colonel for being from Lifasa?

I'm fine with this. I don't need a general's rank, so long as you don't ignore me if I can be helpful!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

QuoteMorniel recommends a motif based around auroras and light, based on the name of Aurora. Simple enough, right. Suggested medals and awards
While a light motif is pretty cool, given our goal... what about naming the medals after heroes from Lifasa's past, or important sites from there?

It'd mean more to the actual Lifasans, probably, but that's not necessarily a bad thing either. It might also get the non-Lifasans more interested in our world's history, and understanding the names we're using in honoring them with when they do awesome stuff.

QuoteWe don't have a bulletin board? How did we miss this?
Sylvie should suggest this, and then build one decorated like a candy shop's window display. >_>

Yuthirin

Merc

Anastasia

That's a cute callback if you guys wanna go in that direction with Sylvie, Merc.

What'cha got, Yuth?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

He apparently got the board thing!

Anastasia

Got it like Jaela and Ann-okay damn it, that was not awkward.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Dude. That would mean I'm fantasizing about Corwin's character. That's super awkward.

Merc

Ask Zeph about fantasizing about other PC's characters. =D

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on March 11, 2012, 12:08:29 AM
Dude. That would mean I'm fantasizing about Corwin's character. That's super awkward.

I dunno. I wasn't being, y'know, serious about it. >_> Anyway, that's gone past funny and into weird so let's move along.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on March 10, 2012, 11:52:07 PMIt'd mean more to the actual Lifasans, probably, but that's not necessarily a bad thing either. It might also get the non-Lifasans more interested in our world's history, and understanding the names we're using in honoring them with when they do awesome stuff.

Could do, sure. Which one do the rest of you prefer? I don't wanna do the work if everyone says to keep the light ones is all.
<Afina> Forever.