News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Automatic Metamagic is unbelievably sexy.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

All of the epic metamagic boosters are shiny.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Not bad. Are you making that epic reduced metamagic cost feat in place of the normal one or on top of it?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Crazy question: Can Sudden Metamagic feats let you qualify for that branch of Automatic Metamagic?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yes. They're a metamagic feat, so they satisfy the prerequisite of a metamagic feat (or one if multiple are required).
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Ko, do you adhere to the 3rd level or lower restriction for spells becoming potions in your world? I only ask because I've played in worlds that don't, and I wanted to be sure about it.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on March 12, 2012, 06:05:41 PM
Ko, do you adhere to the 3rd level or lower restriction for spells becoming potions in your world? I only ask because I've played in worlds that don't, and I wanted to be sure about it.

Yes. Hasn't really come up and I do bend it on occasion, but. I'm open to something if you're going somewhere with this.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm not looking for potions of Wish, but Heal would be neat.

Anastasia

Sometime tomorrow I will be going through the last ten pages of this topic and finalizing anything there. Heads up, last chance for comments on matters.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on March 12, 2012, 07:48:30 PM
I'm not looking for potions of Wish, but Heal would be neat.

Two options here, I'll go with what you guys want. One, there's a PrC that do this already. Master Alchemist (Magic of Faerun), though it requires a large investment of levels. Two is simply to loosen up the potion rules as written. Opinions? I don't care either way here.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Why not just get a scroll of Heal? It's on your class list and scrolls are half the cost of potions even if you buy them (and a quarter if someone scribes them for you).
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Dur. I can just swap out Brew Potion for Scribe Scroll at next level. That'll solve the whole problem. I'll do that.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 12, 2012, 04:49:11 PM
Not bad. Are you making that epic reduced metamagic cost feat in place of the normal one or on top of it?

Think I'll use both. Gonna post the epic one to houserules in a bit after running it through a quick check.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Are these preferable for medals?

Award of the Ascended Throne: Medal bestowed on those who fall in the service of Aurora committing acts of valor. (Standard died in service award)
Order of the Radiant Throne: Medal bestowed on those who fall in the service of Aurora committing acts of the highest heroism and valor. (Honored death in service - to recognize the ultimate sacrifices of particular poignancy or selflessness for the Crusade.)

Medal of Darral - Exceptional Valor in the service of Aurora. (Bravery, heroism, that manner of thing.)
Medal of Fol - Exceptional Leadership in the service of Aurora. (Command, leadership and so forth.)
Medal of the Elven Tree - Exceptional Recruiting in the service of Aurora. (Gathering allies and diplomacy.)
Medal of Revenge - Exceptional Might in the service of Aurora. (Defeating powerful foes - the exact grade of this can be adjusted to taste or be case by case.)

Honorable Order of Aurora - For those not affliated with Aurora who deserve recognition. Largely a political and diplomatic tool.
Honorable Knights of the Crusade - As above, but more prestigious. It's what you give rarely and to great effect.

<Afina> Forever.