News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Ahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhhhhhhaaaaa.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Yuth, sent you a small PM about what you PMed me about. Shorter than I meant, but the point's a simple one. Nothing wrong with it, just a fair few empty levels right now.

---

Okay, drawing up a to-do list since I have some things I need to do. Feel free to suggest more things. (Sanely.)

1. Devil reports from captives of the Battle of Mala's Treachery.
2. Look over craft golem options/talk to Eb about it since he's planning things there.
3. Add new medal and unit structure into topics/consider new Aurora topics and some reorganization there.
4. Redo magic section of house rules since Cor keeps mentioning it. It's happening, just been buried and low productivity lately.
5. Revise/check over spells posted in PC spells.
6. Epic Beguiler+some mechanical odds and ends there. Low priority.
7. Get Baleruk a really good chew toy.
8. Shapeshifter feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Epic Shapeshift Feats reminder, add to To-Do List!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Quote from: Merc on March 04, 2012, 07:37:45 PMRegarding adding stuff to artifact bracers or cloak, since they are priceless, can they or not have effects added to them? As I mentioned, I'd hoped to add the effect of Bracers of Opportunity at some point. If it's not possible, could I get that sort of effect in another slot, such as hands?

Poking again about adding effects to artifacts or getting them in different slots.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

You can't add to artifacts unless noted otherwise.

Changing the slot of an item (off slot) is entirely possible, though this comes with a 1.5 times price multiplier.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on March 15, 2012, 07:19:30 PM
You can't add to artifacts unless noted otherwise.

Changing the slot of an item (off slot) is entirely possible, though this comes with a 1.5 times price multiplier.
This is on top of the 1.5 multiplier for multiple enchantments, correct?

Corwin

So, let's fix the Aurora some more.

Improve laboratories(25% discount on magical items; 10% discount on repairs/improvements): 125,000 gold; 2 DC 50 K:A checks; 2 DC 50 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 50 C:A check; 3 days. ---> Improve laboratories (50% discount on magical items; 25% discount on repairs/improvements): 250,000 gold; 1 DC 65 K:A check; 1 DC 65 spellcraft check; 1 DC 60 C:A check; 2 days.

I think if Afina makes skill boosters +15 (one each for K:A, Spellcraft and C:A), then we can afford this and make the rest of the stuff we want to get a lot more affordable in the process. Who knows when we'll get windfall like just now, so let's go for it? Duration is pretty short here.

We can follow it up with:

Speed up portal enlargement to 1 full round action: 50,000 gold; 1 DC 23 spellcraft check; 3 DC 40 K:A checks; 5 days.
Set up electricity styled trap in the courtyard, 3d6 damage: 15,000 gold; 5 DC 25 spellcraft checks; 7 days. Improve courtyard electricity damage to 6d6: 10,000 gold; 3 DC 20 spellcraft checks; 5 days. ---> Improve courtyard electricity damage to 10d6: 30,000 gold; 3 DC 30 spellcraft checks; 6 days. ---> Improve courtyard electricity damage to 20d6: 75,000 gold; 3 DC 40 spellcraft checks; 7 days.
Improve cafeteria(Just like the real thing! Keeps everyone happier): 35,000 gold; 2 DC 25 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 25 K:N check; 4 days.
Improve growing farms(Things grow in 1/20th of the normal time): 10,000 gold; 2 DC 23 K:N checks, 1 DC 24 spellcraft check; 5 days. ---> Improve growing farms (Things grow overnight): 25,000 gold; 2 DC 28 K:N checks, 1 DC 25 spellcraft check; 5 days.

No need to actually do those ourselves, either, since we have plenty of talented people onboard.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

It'll certainly make getting gear a lot easier. I'm on board.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Added cash to PC sheet, I'll make purchases over weekend when I've had time to look at stuff.

Corwin

Quote from: Corwin on March 15, 2012, 07:29:13 PM
So, let's fix the Aurora some more.

Improve laboratories(25% discount on magical items; 10% discount on repairs/improvements): 125,000 gold; 2 DC 50 K:A checks; 2 DC 50 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 50 C:A check; 3 days. ---> Improve laboratories (50% discount on magical items; 25% discount on repairs/improvements): 250,000 gold; 1 DC 65 K:A check; 1 DC 65 spellcraft check; 1 DC 60 C:A check; 2 days.

I think if Afina makes skill boosters +15 (one each for K:A, Spellcraft and C:A), then we can afford this and make the rest of the stuff we want to get a lot more affordable in the process. Who knows when we'll get windfall like just now, so let's go for it? Duration is pretty short here.

Okay. I made the purchase post for the boosters in the Loot thread.

Ithea can roll primary on K:A. At +29+15 and with aiding, it should give us a good result.
Muirfinn or Ithea can easily do Spellcraft as primaries, with their +28/+29 to the check.
For C:A, the choice is between Sylvie and Tepen, I guess? Either way, it would be +12+15 and aiding.

Corwin

To keep things simple, how about going with this?

Lab upgrade #1
K:A. Ithea primary, rolls twice at +44 vs DC50. Tepen and Sylvie aid (on anything but a 1).
Spellcraft. Ithea primary, rolls twice at +43 vs DC50. Tepen and Sylvie aid (on anything but a 1).
C:A. Sylvie primary, rolls once at +27 vs DC50 (+30 due to feat shenanigans). Tepen and Ithea aid (Ithea needs 4 or higher, Tepen 2 or higher).

Lab upgrade #2
K:A. Ithea primary, rolls once at +44 vs DC65. Tepen and Sylvie aid (on anything but a 1).
Spellcraft. Ithea primary, rolls once at +43 vs DC65. Tepen and Sylvie aid (on anything but a 1).
C:A. Sylvie primary, rolls once at +27 vs DC65 (+30 due to feat shenanigans). Tepen and Ithea aid (Ithea needs 4 or higher, Tepen 2 or higher).

Corwin

This is actually interesting. Any chance we can planar bind that major or find out more where this attack took place? If people are raiding Hell's supplies on other worlds, it sounds like fun! And were more trade interruptions, indeed, found on that secret mission?

Ebiris

If said Major has less than 12hd! Afina will bump him to the top of her schedule and we'll see?

Anastasia

Progress.

1. Devil reports from captives of the Battle of Mala's Treachery.
2. Look over craft golem options/talk to Eb about it since he's planning things there.
3. Add new medal and unit structure into topics/consider new Aurora topics and some reorganization there.
4. Redo magic section of house rules since Cor keeps mentioning it. It's happening, just been buried and low productivity lately.
5. Revise/check over spells posted in PC spells.
6. Epic Beguiler+some mechanical odds and ends there. Low priority.
7. Get Baleruk a really good chew toy.
8. Shapeshifter feats.
9. Review new PrC PM.
<Afina> Forever.