Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Has it really been 8 months already? Wow.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Time flies when you're DMing and trying to save an entire world.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

The promised updates (Balyss, convent+Priest material) probably won't make it up tonight. Feeling massively unmotivated right now. While it's possible this will pass, I'm not holding my breath.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Tomorrow will be a light session. If you have something you want to do around Aurora or someone you want to spend some time with, this is a good time.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I want to be around when Balyss and Sylvie run into each other!

Corwin

Quote from: Ebiris on April 10, 2012, 03:24:57 AM
I want to be around when Balyss and Sylvie run into each other!

Might be fun.

Aurora-wise, I think it depends on whether it's a serious or a fluff scene, for me. I do want to actually chat with the group of erinyes we have, but if we're going for light and fluff then I'm fine with spending a bit of time with Candy. We haven't had a chance to talk ever since she joined up, and I wanted to see how she's doing.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

I want to move into the third suite. We've got 20-30, right?

Anastasia

Okay, attention. My vacation's coming up. I may or may not run Thursday, and I will run something for da Mercury over the weekend, but I'm basically on vacation now. During this time, I don't want to be poked on IRC with questions about the game. This is my vacation and getting away from things is the point. If you do have any questions or thoughts, post them in this topic. There's no guarantee I'll answer them anytime soon, but get 'em out here for discussion.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Miscellaneous note:

While there are charts for wealth per level past level 20, these take into account the 10x cost multiplier for epic equipment. At some point I'll work out a revised progression, one that's balanced around this change. Will this matter to you guys? Probably not. Just a heads up in case it does later.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, check this out. Balyss has redundant turning from cleric. I'm looking to ACF it out, but nothing really appeals on flavor or character strategy grounds. Anyone have ideas for a new cleric ACF to swap out turn undead? Suggestions welcome.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It'll matter if any of us die after we hit level 21 and don't want to be or can't be resurrected!

As for Balyss, give her an extra devotion feat?

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 12, 2012, 03:22:14 AM
It'll matter if any of us die after we hit level 21 and don't want to be or can't be resurrected!

As for Balyss, give her an extra devotion feat?

On looking at the tables PC wealth really balloons at about level 15-20. For reference:

15 - 200,000
16 - 260,000
17 - 340,000
18 - 440,000
19 - 580,000
20 - 760,000
21 - 975,000
22 - 1,200,000
23 - 1,500,000

I'm going to fiddle with this in some way. Past 200k or so the wealth slope can afford to slow way down, as with epic's price deflation there's not nearly as much call for heaps of gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Actually. You let me ACF turning away for a divine feat (I picked Divine Might). Devotion feats like Eb's suggestion work well too.

If you're looking for something new, how about Turning-boosting abilities? Quicken Turning if you have two progressions and remove one or something. Maybe something healing-based? You heal more with your turning/cure spells, say a couple extra dice with turning or double the level cap on cure spells?

Anastasia

I already have quicken turning penciled in for her. I may just go the bonus feat route since I'm not coming up with any good ACFs.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Awhile back I was working on an epic PrC built around AoOs. I chose not to pursue it past the first draft, but it did get shown around some. Did anyone want a copy to fiddle-faddle with?
<Afina> Forever.