Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

It's too late in the game for me to plan a different build for myself. I might have, if this rule were in effect from the start. I don't really think it's needed, but I also don't see any issue with it. No strong opinion in either direction.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I'm curious. How would a single feat for Spell Focus instead of two have changed your build?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

That Veil prc. I always liked it but was never going to drop three useless feats on it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Just as well, since I'd probably not allow it. For all I think it's a neat idea for a class, it's really powerful and a pain in the ass to DM around. Immediate action veils are a nightmare to DM around and threaten a PC.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quick question: Are you guys keeping track of the information you've found about the nine traitors?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

If I cast a Poison spell and hold it instead of using it, then shift to elemental form, would I lose the spell? RAW doesn't say one way or another.

Also, as a huge creature, can I flank gargantuan and colossal creatures? Again, SRD doesn't say. I'm assuming I can at least flank a gargantuan creature, as it's one step larger than myself.

Furthermore, if I were to wear a vest underneath my monk's robe, would I be able to gain the benefits of the vest AND the robe? I've seen some mention that I could and some mention that I couldn't, but I couldn't find anything from memory to link to. Assuming it's a DM ruling.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 18, 2012, 05:58:34 PM
If I cast a Poison spell and hold it instead of using it, then shift to elemental form, would I lose the spell? RAW doesn't say one way or another.

No, you keep the spell. Shapeshift doesn't affect spells already cast.

QuoteAlso, as a huge creature, can I flank gargantuan and colossal creatures? Again, SRD doesn't say. I'm assuming I can at least flank a gargantuan creature, as it's one step larger than myself.

You can flank creatures up to one size larger than you, so you can flank gargantuan but not colossal creatures.

QuoteFurthermore, if I were to wear a vest underneath my monk's robe, would I be able to gain the benefits of the vest AND the robe? I've seen some mention that I could and some mention that I couldn't, but I couldn't find anything from memory to link to. Assuming it's a DM ruling.

Yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on April 17, 2012, 11:00:40 PM
Quick question: Are you guys keeping track of the information you've found about the nine traitors?

I'll take that as a no. I'd like one of you to keep track of this information somewhere on the boards, as it's important. Do I have a volunteer?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

OHH! OOH! ME! OOH ME! PICK ME! PLEASE PICK ME! ME ME ME!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Done. Make a topic for it or include it in one of the other info dump topics.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Cool. I needed something to do.

Anastasia

Awesome. I know some info came up around the time of Ilsenine's liberation from her and in nagging. Further, discussions with the catfolk yielded more information.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Awesome. Something to do at the airport tomorrow.

Anastasia

Okay, we resume Friday. The next few weeks are likely to be a lot of solo work since we have people out. We'll see how it goes, but I'm likely going to start back up slow and ease my way back in.

Incidentally, tomorrow's my big work on the character archive topic day.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jaela finds the following sheet of paper resting just inside her room. In 27's handwriting can be read, "21 can kill Annalise. You know why you need to know this. Do you think she'll forgive you? Do you think she'll let someone she loves go? Do you think she's worth your soul?"

Afina finds the following sheet of paper resting just inside of her room. In 27's handwriting can be read, "The power to forge stars will be important in the next few days. Don't leave Aurora without it."

Ithea finds the following sheet of paper resting just inside of her room. In 27's handwriting can be read, "Yian moves against Lief. Fast as you can, go! You and one other, but no more. More and he will certainly escape. Alone and you will die. Two of you with him will make three, and three can survive or even slay Yian. Beware his martial arts, they are the equal of any save perhaps the Master's. Worst yet, he can become the dragon he once was. Hurry with all your speed!"
<Afina> Forever.