News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

<This chapter has every word blotted out. In the margins is scribbed "I'm sorry!", "Don't look past the blots." and "Close the book and LIVE." in Draconic.>

Merc, you must read it. It is your destiny!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 24, 2012, 04:41:08 AM
I don't think it's particularly clear, but I'll take the implied 'travel is open'.

What about Priest himself? He should be around 18hd, I thought. Is he going to be added as a 'named' NPC on top of the forces he brought.

It isn't clear at all. Since it wasn't made clear, I'll assume you ask Yian and others. There is indeed a barrier. Hell's forces can travel in and out with impunity, while other forces have trouble getting in due to interdiction. While Yian can verify it's not 100% and can be overcome by powerful spellcasters, it prevents easy incursions.

I'm not going to stat out Priest. He's a pure support unit and I'd rather focus on the three pages of NPCs we have right now rather than adding another right away.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on April 24, 2012, 04:48:00 AM
<This chapter has every word blotted out. In the margins is scribbed "I'm sorry!", "Don't look past the blots." and "Close the book and LIVE." in Draconic.>

Merc, you must read it. It is your destiny!

Obviously, what we're being told here is that great power and phat lootz lie in wait if we can just decipher this.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Yuthirin

I am afreard. They'll go up tonight.

See? They're up.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yuth, you said you were going to gather all the info on the traitors that you've found? With all that Yian's spilled, now's a good time to review it all.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Operation Black Cloud

The Aurora will gate onto Lifasa in the vicinity of the Burning Aeropolis and take up position directly overhead. Feint Team will emerge and immediately occupy the defences. Once defences have been effectively neutralised, First and Second armies will muster out under command of Gisfal and commence envelopment attack on the surface while Feint Team pushes into the Polis and Rescue Team teleports to their objective.

Once Rescue Team moves onto objective 2, the armies will begin retreating back to Aurora, with the Rapid Response Force under Tannin available to provide cover during the retreat. Once all units are back aboard or Feint and Rescue Teams have departed (whichever comes first), Aurora will gate back to Ysgard to rendezvous with the two teams and the liberated prisoners.

If resistance is heavier than expected (notably the presence of Nessian Pit Fiends) then all operations are to be immediately halted. Feint and Rescue Teams must evacuate via the swiftest means available, while the Mage Heavy Force will be dispatched to slow down devil pursuit via battlefield control spells as the first and second armies retreat.

Feint Team
Dana, Arrel, Hanna, Sylvie, Canderella
Everyone gets Fire Resistance and Fortunate Fate cast on them. Anything that provides fast healing of a decent duration would be good, too.
Objective 1: Destroy or disable the burning cannons, brimstone launchers, and the sphere of dragonfire. (stealing the sphere if possible would be a bonus)
Objective 2: Penetrate into the Aeropolis, leading enemy forces with them to attack the Cloister of the Victorious Dragon. Retreat via plane shift to Ysgard once Rescue Team has departed

Rescue Team
Adrian, Lief, Kascha, Stille, (Jarl)
Objective 1: Once defences fully engaged on Feint Team, plane shift or teleport to vicinity of prison. Stealthily take up positions near orthons and attack once Feint Team has penetrated the Aeropolis.
Objective 2: Secure area as Jarl plane shifts in with the circus tent and defend prisoners as they enter the tent. Plane shift to Ysgard afterwards for rendezvous with Aurora.

PCs can of course choose which team they want to join. Notably the Feint Team requires heavy endurance/resilience and the ability to unleash visibly overpowering and demoralising attacks. The Rescue Team requires both high stealth and perception as well potent offence.

Afina will be on the Rescue Team.

Anastasia

A few things of note.

1. While there's no obligation for all of you to be on one team, this will run faster if you are. There will be a lot less DM overhead that way and will help ensure a good experience.

2. I'd like at least a few of you to run an NPC during this. Exact details on who will be determined after grouping is sorted out.  Again, with so much going on, keeping down my overhead is important.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Noted. In that case since the Rescue part is what this all hinges on, it  might be best if we all go with that. If we do I'd put Kascha and Adrian back in Aurora to keep the team managable.

I'm happy to play various NPCs as needed.

Anastasia

OOC here, Adrian was going to to request being included if he wasn't. The others are your discretion.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'll get it up this morning.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Ebiris

Adrian can replace Stille if he's so eager, then. With Jaela and Muirfinn we don't so much need his healing spells there.

Corwin

Before we do this, a few more things.

Does Yian know of any notable figures in the resistance? Of any traitors that were inserted into said resistance? We might be able to lend them a hand this way.

What's that black bell? Is there a way to prevent the enemy from ringing it?

The mage team can cast fire-resistant buffs and the like. Also, we never distributed the hundred or so healers that came with Priest, so there should be plenty of healing now. I can do this when I return home.