News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'll do Balyss later tonight or tomorrow, as hers is last and requires a lot of spell selection.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Since I'm still looking for feat to pick up, I wanted to ask about knowledge devotion and if I can grab that. I don't recall if I never picked it up just because I was initially trying to avoid having too similar a build to Jaela or if there was some sort of reason that I couldn't pick it up.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Because you are a heretic.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Balyss gains a level and gains the following.

She gains Divine Oracle 2 and Favored Soul 17.

She gains 7(1d8)+6=13 hit points.

She gains +1 bab for a total of +13.

She gains prescient sense.

She gains trap sense+1. Yahoo.

She gains wings. Things are getting kind of wingy up here all of a sudden.

She gains another level of cleric casting. She gains a 4th, 6th and 1 9th+domain slot. She chooses Divine Power, Greater Dispel Magic, Greater Visage of the Deity and Foresight. Greater Visage will get subbed out at some point, once she has it for favored soul. More here later.

She gains another level of favored soul casting. She gains a 7th and 8th level spell charge and no new spells. Yeah, this was bullshit with Drena, too.

She gains +1 will, the will not to smack the cockmunch who decided level 17 favored souls don't get a new spell. I mean, fucking seriously. 17 is the level wizards and clerics get ninth level magic. Think you could toss them a bone here? Titty humping shit, that's just like waving the metaphorical dick in the metaphorical face, before you get a not so metaphorical visit from Mr. Choppy and Slicey.

Skills go up as normal. See? That's called a PROGRESSION. It's where things, you know, fucking progress. Who else could use a progression that, gasp, progresses something? Seriously, you're going to make some poor favored soul go play for the fighter team instead. Hear that, developers? You made your favored soul girlfriend break up with you and go date the mannish fighter chick over there, and start taking her levels instead. Are you happy now!? ARE YOU?!
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Spells, last batch.

lvl3: Blindsight -> Grace (SC p107)
lvl4: Light of Purity -> Dimensional Anchor
lvl5: Break Enchantment -> Wall of Stone
lvl7: Blood to Water (SC p33)

Truename spells require you to have a truespeak skill or something, and research into a personal truename is insanely expensive. Not really worth it for me for just the one spell.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 30, 2012, 03:42:11 AM
Skills go up as normal. See? That's called a PROGRESSION. It's where things, you know, fucking progress. Who else could use a progression that, gasp, progresses something? Seriously, you're going to make some poor favored soul go play for the fighter team instead. Hear that, developers? You made your favored soul girlfriend break up with you and go date the mannish fighter chick over there, and start taking her levels instead. Are you happy now!? ARE YOU?!

I hope you went to bed after this. Also: You COULD fix it yourself. Just cause the devs fucked up doesn't mean you have to live with it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2012, 02:26:09 AM
Heretics can be devoted too! Ithea spend more time in the library than Jaela for example!

Though I suppose Jaela buys more books.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 30, 2012, 11:22:16 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 30, 2012, 03:42:11 AM

I hope you went to bed after this. Also: You COULD fix it yourself. Just cause the devs fucked up doesn't mean you have to live with it.

Nah. It's not a big deal, I just get verbose when I'm doing DM work and sleepy.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on April 30, 2012, 12:14:52 PM
Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2012, 02:26:09 AM
Heretics can be devoted too! Ithea spend more time in the library than Jaela for example!

Though I suppose Jaela buys more books.

Okay, I had to dig this out of logs and it took me awhile. This is why I tell you guys to take it to DM nagging so much, as it's much easier to find something in here. Anyway.

Quote<Merc> feats are surprisingly hard for me to settle on though. I can't really find stuff I really like, or that feels right (example, Craven is usually a no duh for rogues, but I don't like the cowardly part of it on a freedom fighter type)
> Yes.
> Mmmmm.
> What's your alignment?
<Merc> I have no idea what feats I'll take for levels 15 & 18
<Merc> chaotic neutral
> Chaos Devotion might be nice, but it's 1/day without turning and completely erratic.
<Merc> devotion feats are the type I was a bit hesitant on. Not really religious this time, otherwise I'd probably have picked up Knowledge Devotion or Arcane Disciple. I have comparable knowledge to Corwin, so KD would really work well for me, and arcane disciple could net me some more spells known, but again, not really that religious.
* Kotono nods.

As noted, devotion feats require devotion to that concept. Generally, if you follow a deity that offers the matching domain you can select it. If you want to take it, I'd shore up that aspect of Ithea. Devotion feats are powerful, but there is a tradeoff that has to be settled.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I do some number work occasionally, to see how everyone stacks up and to identify weaknesses. Posting it here as I'm doing it, as I figure it'll be useful for you guys.

Hit points

Above Average

552(Baleruk)>286(Master)>271(Arrel)>254(Hope)>251(Hanna)>247(Muirfinn)>244(Jaela)>236(Ithea)>228(Sylvie)>213(Dana)>211(Lief, Stille)>204(Adrian)

Average

Below Average

193(Vul'lath)>185(Balyss)>182(Jarl)>178(Ebony)>165(Drena)>164(27, Kascha, Gisfal)>163(Mirima)>160(Afina)>149(Ilsenine)>144(Morniel)>134(Crystal)>131(Tepen)>130(Tannin)>118(Canderella)>108(Misalea)

Average hit points: 201.33

Assertions

1. Anyone who focuses on melee combat and has below average hit points has problems. This needs to be mitigated by superior defenses or means of otherwise negating damage, or by raising their total hit points.

2. 200 hit points it the minimum for serious melee combat. The more the merrier, and at this point if you don't scrape 200 hit points with a +6 con booster, you may want to rethink your roll in battle.

3. Mages have less need for hit points, but anything less than approximately 120 (one standard deviation) is unacceptably low and should be remedied immediately.

4. People who do not have a +6 or greater booster to constitution: Adrian(+4), Misalea(+4), Dana(+0), Tannin(+2), Arrel(+0), Tepen(+2), Jarl(+0), 27(+0), Crystal(+2), Hope(+0), Drena(+0), Morniel(+0), Ilsenine(+0), Mirima(+2), Canderella(+0), Gisfal(+0).

5. This average may shift slightly depending on what happens to Ebony. Shouldn't matter much if it at all, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[22:49] <Jaela> roll 1d20+23+4+15 K:P Lixer, lvl18
[22:49] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+23+4+15 K:P Lixer, lvl18 and gets 61." [1d20=19]

Old roll reference: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1029762.html#msg1029762

Corwin

How about using a Sending to Makaril asking him where we could be of use? Even without the devils being in disarray from something like Yian's loss, we might be able to make another raid. And we could also ask him if he knows anything about the pit fiend holding onto that bit of Tepen's soul.

Any preferences on the wording, if there are no objections?

Corwin

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1035785.html#msg1035785

This never really got resolved, for fairly understandable reasons. If it ended in failure, however, I can just roll again with the now-higher CL?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2012, 05:11:38 PM
How about using a Sending to Makaril asking him where we could be of use? Even without the devils being in disarray from something like Yian's loss, we might be able to make another raid. And we could also ask him if he knows anything about the pit fiend holding onto that bit of Tepen's soul.

Any preferences on the wording, if there are no objections?

I was thinking of suggesting this too. I'm all for it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1032669.html#msg1032669

* Produce any other effect whose power level is in line with the above effects, such as a single creature automatically hitting on its next attack or taking a -7 penalty on its next saving throw.

You can use a Limited Wish to autohit or to give a -7 penalty to a save. What about using it to get an untyped bonus of X to a skill roll like Spellcraft or some knowledge? Can it be done?