News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 24, 2012, 12:54:22 PMCustom and useful spells. It depends on why one might think spell lists for limited casters (ie not clerics/druids/wizards) don't have certain spells on them. If the idea is to balance/limit them, then yes, pretty much. In the same sense, if a wizard wants to make a custom spell that effectively gives him Cure Serious Wounds or Heal, is it cheese?

I'm not really sure what you're arguing here, beyond some obscure definition of custom and useful. Clerics have plenty of touch spells already, making more is hardly close to a wizard making a healing spell.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Subject to change if Afina manages to get anywhere on the prismatic path (likely accompanied by yet more depowering templates pushing her effectiveness lower and lower until she breaks through and becomes awesome again).

19 Firesoul Mage 3/Scout 11
20 Firesoul Mage 4/Scout 12 Blind Fight (scout bonus)
21 Firesoul Mage 5/Scout 13 Craft Epic Items
22 Swiftblade 11/Scout 14
23 Swiftblade 12/Scout 15
24 Swiftblade 13/Scout 16 Great Ability or Epic Spell Capacity? Toughness (scout bonus)

Anastasia

Why Blind-Fight? Prereq, or are there no other useful bonus feats to grab? That doesn't strike me as all that great a feat for you.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

3000 posts on this board. Damn, we game hard.

---

Merc, are you going to update stats anytime soon? Idle curiosity, I know you're busy and it's a big job now.

Updated the Grimoire of Sacred Knowledge.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

SERIOUS DM NEWS

Okay guys, all of ya have been largely working alone lately. That's fine sometimes, but it's reaching the point where I'm running 3/4 rooms most days. Could we try and have all of you work together more? This is becoming a serious strain on me, to the detriment of my DMing and patience. This doesn't mean all four of you have to be joined at the hip forever now, but let's try and have you all achieve goals together more?

Thank you.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Quote from: Anastasia on May 25, 2012, 01:37:18 AM
Why Blind-Fight? Prereq, or are there no other useful bonus feats to grab? That doesn't strike me as all that great a feat for you.

I have blindsense but not blindsight. Also very handy against incorporeal stuff. I had it before I got the half-fire elemental template and it proved itself situationally useful.

Corwin

To be perfectly fair, I asked if we can go kill devils or rescue people. This is presumed to take place together. But there hasn't really been more response than 'we'll look into it' so....

I also suggested we go kill an evil dragon for cash. That might be fine too.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on May 25, 2012, 01:42:26 AMMerc, are you going to update stats anytime soon? Idle curiosity, I know you're busy and it's a big job now.
I've quite honestly not touched stats stuff at -all- since early march, so it's gotten even worse. I may try to work on it again, but honestly, best thing might be for me to just start fresh from level 18+ since we recently just leveled up, and someday backtrack.

Time to dedicate to it is just a bit of a bitch, so I'd probably pull out a number of the stats I tracked before as well.

Quote from: Anastasia on May 25, 2012, 01:49:11 AM
Okay guys, all of ya have been largely working alone lately. That's fine sometimes, but it's reaching the point where I'm running 3/4 rooms most days. Could we try and have all of you work together more? This is becoming a serious strain on me, to the detriment of my DMing and patience. This doesn't mean all four of you have to be joined at the hip forever now, but let's try and have you all achieve goals together more.
I did have Ithea asking about Jaela/Afina for the dungeon thing (wouldn't have helped Muirfinn, but still).

Since I'm on for the normal game hours the least, I try to be flexible with plans of doing stuff and just go with whatever comes up, it's just that at least one person's always on their own quest already when I'm on, so I end up doing something else. I can't exactly do much about that.

And about the only thing I've asked in the past few weeks to do that wasn't an 'I'm up for whatever' was the visit to Brightwater/Bast too. I did have to vanish for family stuff on pyro-fey 'rescue' day too if you had originally planned stuff then...but Muirfinn was also missing anyway, so I suspect I didn't break a group thing then.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Look guys it's cool. You don't need to justify it or say that you're doing it or not. Just keep it in mind, okay?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, Monday's a holiday in the US and at the least Merc will be around. Do you guys want to run Monday? If so, Tuesday will be a day off to compensate. Interested?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Yuthirin

Gotta work the parade at 9am. Should take about two hours. Then I'll be here. Might be a few minutes late, but I should be here.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Merc: Could you sort out your loot, divide it and figure out who's getting the waters? I want those done before the next batch of loot from Void.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'll get to it now, sure
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Does Candy know anything about Telastryiryn? Barring anything popping up, let's go kill him today.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake