Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 27, 2012, 07:02:01 PM
Does Candy know anything about Telastryiryn? Barring anything popping up, let's go kill him today.

Feel free to ask her. That said, how about we put that off until next weekend? That can be something fun to do for all four of you Saturday and Sunday.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

[19:12] <Merc> did we give any medals away after the assault on the burning aeropolis btw?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Todo

1. Books.
2. Aurora topic.
3. Misc posts/questions.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Question: What IRC client do you guys use? Pure curiosity.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

mIRC/sysreset on main desktop, AndroIRC on tablet

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 27, 2012, 11:04:35 PM
Question: What IRC client do you guys use? Pure curiosity.

mIRC, full version. No addons. Latest build.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

mIRC/sysreset for me

What would praying over the Hammer of Evil (tm) tell me? How can I make it cool?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Cor, I'm skipping over Greataxe Mastery for now since you wanted to read that with Hanna. If you'd rather I dump it here speak up.

---

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 5: Earth.

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of Earth, details the party already knows. However, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"Of all the elementals and settlements deep in Earth, the most confounding were the Fleshknowers. These elementals are dedicated to understanding the way of what they call softs, beings of flesh and blood. As such, they abduct travelers and attempt to force them into teaching them about softs customs. Surprisingly this is rarely minded in the end, as the elementals pay what they would call a pittance: several pounds of precious metals and several large gemstones. What knowledge the elementals gain is put to use, opening academies of twisted and misunderstood facts, to train elementals in how to deal with softs who summon or attempt to bind them."
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

A taxidermist's guide.

This book is a smashing and engaging study of trophy creation and collection. It explains everything to the reader in crisp, breezy writing, yet never fails to impart exactly the desired knowledge. On reading it, Ithea feels like she really gets it! That's how you do it! Just like that! You take a defeated foe, carve them up and you know what? You WEAR them! You wear them all. Yes. That is exactly what the book recommends.

Ithea gains 2 ranks in Craft(Taxidermy.)
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sylvie offers this book out for whomever wants to read it.

Dancing with Mechanus

This book is written in a simplified form of Elven. Expression is eliminated and only direct statements of fact can be made. Emotion is foreign to the language, yet there is a predictable, understandable grace to it. Thoughts flow from one to another in a regulated way, the reader often able to anticipate the next paragraph as they get deeper into the book. The book is a description of the virtues of Mechanus. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all. In perfect order there is nothing wrong. Order heals all and chaos wounds all. Throw of the tyranny of the flesh and accept the liberation of supreme unity. No one in order is ever alone. When chaos is eliminated, there will be but one, and that one will be all. All becomes one and one is all.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 6: Water.

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of Water, details the party already knows. However, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"In the many marid cities I visited, none were so fascinating as the Knights of the Corals. These marid breed chaos-blooded sharks as mounts, specializing in what they call the Tidal Waves - great charges of hundreds of marid knights. Moreover, they claimed to craft superior lances from coral to lead these charges. Aghast at such shameless thalassophilia and coralphilia, I scoffed at these claims. Laughing at my scorn, the knights drew their lances, and one threw it through the water! It traveled faster than if through air, and pierced the sedimentary stones behind me! Wondrous, curious things indeed. They claim it to be harder than even adamantine!"
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

100 fair recipes.

Make a will save, Ithea.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

<Merc> roll d20+25+7 inspiration will
* Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+25+7 inspiration will and gets 33." [d20=1]
<Merc> ooc: oh hatebot
<Kotono> HATEBOT STRIKES AGAIN.
<Merc> And that book was for Stille too

Anastasia

100 fair recipes.

This book describes how to kill, skin, butcher and prepare humanoid flesh for consumption. Despite a recoiling of disgust, Ithea finds herself unable to do anything but read on. The book goes into graphic detail on how to commit various acts of cannibalism, as well as the proper rites and names to call on to further damn your soul in exchange for power. Once done so, the book advises you on how to trick others into acts of cannibalism, and how to use it to pollute their souls. The final chapter is short and reads as follows.

"You are mine your mind is not strong enough your will was not strong enough you are not alone you will not be alone I am with you my child let it be so amen

Come home

Welcome home

I'm coming to take you home"

Ithea takes 8 points of wisdom damage from the ordeal and finds herself in the grip of a powerful paranoia. Father is coming. Father is going to make dinner for Ithea. Ithea is hungry.

Your will is not impinged, you're free to try and do something about this.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Ithea will throw up, toss the book into a corner, wipe her mouth, and go see Stille. He can either comfort her, help her with the effects, and/or actually feed her since he always has food on the table.