"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, we'll cover that tomorrow then.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

108 pages. Outstanding. A perfect number for a Suikoden game.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 28, 2012, 12:40:46 AMWhat would praying over the Hammer of Evil (tm) tell me? How can I make it cool?

The Blackguard's Hammer must be used to to forge a blade crafted from the hand of a virgin and quenched into the first cries of a newborn saint.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 28, 2012, 02:28:59 AM
Quote from: Corwin on May 28, 2012, 12:40:46 AMWhat would praying over the Hammer of Evil (tm) tell me? How can I make it cool?

The Blackguard's Hammer must be used to to forge a blade crafted from the hand of a virgin and quenched into the first cries of a newborn saint.

That sounds ridiculously obtuse.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Purifying things comes in all sorts of flavors. Keeps things interesting.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 28, 2012, 02:28:59 AM

So a Those Who Hunt Elves sort of quest?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

What's that mean to someone who doesn't know the series?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It's about a search for a very specific elf to complete a quest (signified by a small tattoo somewhere on their body), but since they have no idea which elf qualifies all of them must be stripped through superior firepower and hijinks.

Corwin

QuoteThe Skull Mask is cursed. It grants power, but erases the mind of whomever puts it on, replacing it with the mind of a loyal diabolical servant. It is a vile, hideous artifact.

Too vile to undo, I take it? If there's no way to fix it, then let's break it.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 28, 2012, 02:52:45 AM
It's about a search for a very specific elf to complete a quest (signified by a small tattoo somewhere on their body), but since they have no idea which elf qualifies all of them must be stripped through superior firepower and hijinks.

Knowing your approach to it, that's probably not that far off.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 28, 2012, 03:00:55 AM
QuoteThe Skull Mask is cursed. It grants power, but erases the mind of whomever puts it on, replacing it with the mind of a loyal diabolical servant. It is a vile, hideous artifact.

Too vile to undo, I take it? If there's no way to fix it, then let's break it.

Artifact wasn't just descriptive there. It's going to take special measures to destroy. If you want to do that, seal it away or do something else is up to you.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina happily offers to disintegrate the silver casket. Someone trapped by devils must be cool!

Corwin

If Cel doesn't have any objections, I'm fine with it. Let's do it in one of the cells?

Anastasia

Axagoras.

This book is a study of Axagoras, a conquering king. He was the ruler of Emponia, transforming a small backwater nation into a continent spanning empire. Over the 73 years of his reign, he instituted a common government, culture, monetary system and overall developed a unified empire. How it was done is claimed to be the work of the 'Blessing of Victory', a legendary lost shrine consecrated to Ulin-nar.

Ithea can make an K:R check on that, as can Sylvie if you wish since she's there reading it with you.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Encyclopaedia Xorn.

The contents of this tome are an exhausting study of Xorn, a type of outsider from Earth. It goes over everything in fine detail, pointing out ways to parley with them and defend yourself from them. In particular Muirfinn's Water based nature finds this information particularly useful. He gains a +1 competence bonus to armor class against creatures with the Earth subtype.
<Afina> Forever.