Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

It's a personal spell. That means it can be shared via the Share Spells ability.

The only question is whether the mage/familiar shared time stops occur simultaneously or concurrently.

Anastasia

That. I thought I'd ruled on back in Balmuria 1, but I suppose I didn't. Okay then, I'll read it over and have a ruling tonight.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Okay, how are you guys studying the moon and sunfire?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Balyss can have her own lookout.

Afina is going to study it first as a magic item. If it lacks that sort of friendly user interface she'll perform various experiments with setting it on fire and using it as a focus for her fire magic.

Anastasia

As a quick aside, what was your guy's choice on training for the refugees?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

It's not a magical item and Afina finds it difficult, if alluring, to wrestle with. Make a K:A check, Afina.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[22:21] <@Afina> roll 1d20+30 arcana
[22:21] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+30 arcana and gets 33." [1d20=3]

Ebiris

Quote from: Anastasia on June 15, 2012, 06:19:58 PM

We never really decided because they can make their own decisions. I guess the majority will go to the Master since he has most time to train dudes. Sylvie has her books and Stille has his women.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on June 15, 2012, 06:22:07 PM
[22:21] <@Afina> roll 1d20+30 arcana
[22:21] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+30 arcana and gets 33." [1d20=3]

Afina takes three days of intense study. The sunfire is a marvelous thing, but its secrets currently elude her. Meanwhile...

> roll 1d20+27
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+27 and gets 29." [1d20=2]

(As a direct miracle relating to her faith, Balyss is able to use K:R here.)

Balyss studies the moonfire for the same three days. She reports much the same as Afina.

You guys are free to continue studying, though it'll consume another 3 days.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on June 15, 2012, 06:23:10 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 15, 2012, 06:19:58 PM

We never really decided because they can make their own decisions. I guess the majority will go to the Master since he has most time to train dudes. Sylvie has her books and Stille has his women.

Okay. Duly noted.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[22:25] <@Afina> roll 1d20+30 Time has no meaning, Afina is lost in her work without need to eat nor sleep distracting her!
[22:25] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+30 Time has no meaning, Afina is lost in her work without need to eat nor sleep distracting her! and gets 44." [1d20=14]

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on June 15, 2012, 06:25:34 PM
[22:25] <@Afina> roll 1d20+30 Time has no meaning, Afina is lost in her work without need to eat nor sleep distracting her!
[22:25] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+30 Time has no meaning, Afina is lost in her work without need to eat nor sleep distracting her! and gets 44." [1d20=14]

Afina loses herself in the study! She makes solid progress in understanding it, but she's not finished yet. Another three days of study are needed, make an K:A check with a +5 modifier.

Meanwhile...

> roll 1d20+27
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+27 and gets 37." [1d20=10]

Balyss is in the same boat, making progress but not quite a breakthrough. She gets the same +5 to her next check.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[22:28] <@Afina> roll 1d20+35 isn't 9 days ominous?
[22:28] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+35 isn't 9 days ominous? and gets 49." [1d20=14]

Yuthirin

[16:32] <Muirfinn> roll 1d20+24 aiding Afina
[16:32] * Hatbot --> "Muirfinn rolls 1d20+24 aiding Afina and gets 35."12 [1d20=11]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Finally! Nine days of toil pass for Afina before she makes a breakthrough! She is on the verge, the orb glowing with supernatural heat in her hands. With a burst, the orb shatters in her hands, immolating her in golden flames! They do not burn her - no, she feels more alive than ever as they fade away! Afina unlocks the following new weapon qualities.

Sunfire

A sunfire weapon burns with golden fire when drawn, shedding light equivalent to a torch. This is equivalent to a daylight spell and cannot be suppressed except by darkness descriptor spells of at least 4th level. A sunfire weapon deals an extra 2d6 points of fire damage. This fire bypasses any fire resistance and immunity of evil creatures, as well as all undead. Finally, if held when they turn undead, they deal the same 2d6 fire damage to all creatures harmed by the turning. Market Price: +3 bonus. Spells used: daylight, fire storm.

Sunfire Blasting

A sunfire blasting weapon gushes golden fire when drawn, shedding light equivalent to natural sunlight in a 200ft radius. This ability cannot be suppressed except by darkness descriptor spells of at least 10th level. A sunfire blasting weapon deals an extra 3d6 points of fire damage. This fire bypasses any fire resistance and immunity of evil creatures, as well as all undead. Finally, if held when they turn undead, they deal the same 3d6 fire damage to all creatures harmed by the turning. Market Price: +5 bonus. Spells used: daylight, fire storm.

Meanwhile Balyss is getting closer, but she still hasn't made a breakthrough.
<Afina> Forever.